Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I think the root of the problem is that about 85% of the men are all chasing about 15% of the women.

I notice that most of the men I know who complain about being unable to meet women are, in fact, surrounded by women with whom they are probably compatible. The trouble is, they refuse to date any of these women, because they don't feel they aren't "hot" enough. Well, it is your right to only want to date "hot" women. But if you eliminate all but the "hottest" women from your dating pool, don't complain when you end up alone. You did it to yourself.
Hmmm what part of America is this? Where Im from its the complete opposite, womwn want a hot or goos looking man but cry foul that no goodman wants them or no good men around, but they refused or turned down good men in thr beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundOfMuzak View Post
This sentence makes no sense.
Then you haven't understood the dynamics of dating. I will give you an example to make it easier to understand.

Lets say we have 50 college educated men, and we have two situations
Situation 1: 10 college educated women, 90 other women
Situation 2: 60 college educated women, 40 other women
College educated women are in both situations only looking for college educated men and they are not marrying early.

In situation 1, maybe 30 of the college educated men have found someone already, but there is still 20 left who prefer a college educated woman. Those 10 women then have a lot of options among the 20 men.

In situation 2, 20 of the college educated men have found someone already, and there is 30 left. There are now 60 women fighting for 30 college educated men.

The college educated women in situation 2 have to drastically lower their standard to find a college educated man.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,765 times
Quote:
I'm not convinced that the dating game gets easier for men when they get to their late 20's and early 30's.
It sure as hell did for me. Even more so in mid 30's and beyond. Your mileage may vary, but based on other responses to this thread it appears I'm not alone.

It had little or nothing to do with me becoming established in my career or women losing their looks, by the way. It has to do with experience and growing up.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:19 AM

170 posts, read 373,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Then you haven't understood the dynamics of dating. I will give you an example to make it easier to understand.

Lets say we have 50 college educated men, and we have two situations
Situation 1: 10 college educated women, 90 other women
Situation 2: 60 college educated women, 40 other women
College educated women are in both situations only looking for college educated men and they are not marrying early.

In situation 1, maybe 30 of the college educated men have found someone already, but there is still 20 left who prefer a college educated woman. Those 10 women then have a lot of options among the 20 men.

In situation 2, 20 of the college educated men have found someone already, and there is 30 left. There are now 60 women fighting for 30 college educated men.

The college educated women in situation 2 have to drastically lower their standard to find a college educated man.
I've read this 10 times and I still can't figure out the logic.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,903 times
Quote:
I've read this 10 times and I still can't figure out the logic.
If you can't tell me where you are lost, then I can't help you anymore. I explained it to my best ability.

If you want to see this in practice, take a trip to China. The new trend of "leftover college educated women" are due to this principle.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Me personally I can't say it gets easier becsuse as ypu get older as an average man, your average women becomes increasingly underserible due to pregnancies, poor finances, emotions and aging look. So it does become hard looking for a woman unless one is willing to settle down with woman with significant baggage. But I can say dating does get better wheb older.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 AM

170 posts, read 373,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Me personally I can't say it gets easier becsuse as ypu get older as an average man, your average women becomes increasingly underserible due to pregnancies, poor finances, emotions and aging look. So it does become hard looking for a woman unless one is willing to settle down with woman with significant baggage.
Wow. There is nothing to look forward to.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
I don't think it's easier for anyone as they get older... men or women. The only way it gets easier to meet people is if you put effort into it. You can't just sit around and magically expect women to come to your door (or men to come to your door... but the Op is a man looking for women). It won't happen. And in a lot of ways, when you are older, it's harder to find single people your age. In high school and college you are surrounded by people your own age, most of whom are single. But when you get out into the post-college world it's a mix of ages, availability, etc. All those available women your age are still there, but it's hard to see them in the crowd.

And don't let the college education stuff worry you too much. Not every college educated women "demands" a college educated man. It's not about education so much as being an intellectual equal--note, this isn't the same as being the same. The man I am dating now has no where near my education level, but he's smart (and in a lot of ways smarter than men) we are a good match in the intelligence department I think. I tend to have more book knowledge than he does, but he has more practical know-how and wisdom than I do.

Here's an interesting article to read on it. And good luck: When white-collar women date blue-collar guys

Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
The big winner in all of this has been society itself. By creating the illusion that a man's worth is tied to his "success" it has done more to motivate men than anything else could ever have done. This is not so say that men only work strictly for sex but I do believe that biology the greatest motivator.
Great post overall, and this point is so true, biology is a hell of a motivator.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,228,578 times
My best dating years were from 28-35. Always dated younger women too, as most women my age were already married or in long-term relationships.

But for guys who are naturally shy or won't try to improve themselves(physically, financially, socially, etc etc) yeah I definitely can't imagine it improving for them. You have to make an effort to attract women, and if you don't have certain qualities I can see why a man will always be passed over for someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships