Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 PM

448 posts, read 765,826 times

Advertisements

I'm a guy and I like big trucks. Its fun to drive something different and that maybe misses some people off. I'm also above average in every way aside from height where I am exactly average.

I'm not compensating for anything, I just like lifted trucks. Now I don't like bro-trucks with chrome wheels, I actually take mine off road, but whatever floats your boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,415,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What if they are really tall?
Biggest truck I ever saw was driven by a UFC fighter who was nearly 7 feet tall. I don't think he was "compensating" for anything.

Amusingly, this man who was huge and covered in tattoos spent the entire evening at the party talking about his koi pond and how much he loved taking care of his toddler son. If he hadn't been married (and he was utterly devoted to his wife), I would have just handed him my panties.

Seriously.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:05 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Biggest truck I ever saw was driven by a UFC fighter who was nearly 7 feet tall. I don't think he was "compensating" for anything.

Amusingly, this man who was huge and covered in tattoos spent the entire evening at the party talking about his koi pond and how much he loved taking care of his toddler son. If he hadn't been married (and he was utterly devoted to his wife), I would have just handed him my panties.

Seriously.
LOL.... I thought you were a dude.......... I guess I was wrong.....

Old 11-23-2013, 09:06 PM

39,332 posts, read 27,714,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... I thought you were a dude.......... I guess I was wrong.....
she's just a really cool chick!

Old 11-23-2013, 09:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

Seriously.
Lol....indeed.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:07 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,869,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I have heard numerous times that if a guy has a huge truck (often times modified with smoke stacks etc) not for work purposes, he is overcompensating for something like a small brain or short height. Do you believe this is true?

My girlfriend told me that she thinks that so I was just wondering if anyone else believes this.
It means the person likes big trucks, that is all.

I know it is hard for some people to believe, but people do have personal preferences in things they like and are interested in. In this case, a person may like a big truck, but a person can also like a sports car, luxury car, exotic car, and not care about cars at all.

It seems like anytime someone expresses an interest in a car, whether it is a big truck or exotic, someone proclaims "they are compensating for something", ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:22 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,858,132 times
The pickups and trucks I run serve a purpose. Function first, it is dandy to sit tall in the drivers seat. It is even more dandy to run through the gears hauling a load or pulling a trailer.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,012,342 times
Hey, I own a pickup truck! I am not against trucks .

But there are trucks that are made to do useful work, and there are trucks that are designed for drivers desperate to make up for some shortcoming.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I know. It would be fun. I cringe at the kind of men it would attract though. (men who love tomboys)
I don't think so. Tomboys might ride a motorcycle, but not a pink one. I think you are safe .

Old 11-23-2013, 09:36 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,706,165 times
I don't feel the need to drive 7 feet above the road. That's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships