Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 08:19 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Bring it up. That's all I ask of you.
I don't know what that phrase means.

If you are asking me to prove it, feel free to suggest what would constitute proof of existence of a public post that several folks replied to before it was erased. Also tell us how you want us to prove that the sky is blue .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I don't know what that phrase means.

If you are asking me to prove it, feel free to suggest what would constitute proof of existence of a public post that several folks replied to before it was erased. Also tell us how you want us to prove that the sky is blue .
Still waiting......

Old 11-29-2013, 08:25 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Sad for both of you

Quote:
If she had low self esteem then I definitely wouldn't be with her nor would she be where she is today. I admire her confidence and her never say die. I'm truly lucky to have her but I wish she would have more understanding.
Someday, years from now, you may realize what you have lost. My FIL was an escape artist - whenever things weren't going his way, he would disappear for the day, sometimes a weekend. This was before cell phones.

His wife died after many years of illness and when she passed away, I think he started to realize he had no friends.

He enjoyed his own company but now, he regrets not doing more with his family. As the DIL, I had a close family but if you wanted your space, you had it. On the other hand, if you wanted to be included, we were more than happy to include you.

It sounds like they were just being friendly.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:45 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Still waiting......
I'm sure your SO is also still waiting for you to step up and act like a man.

I'm starting to suspect troll.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I'm sure your SO is also still waiting for you to step up and act like a man.

So I guess acting like a man constitutes never doing what you want to do? I compromise a lot for her. I guess I have to compromise on everything. Good thing, your idea of being a man means nothing then.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:05 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Well DUH! Why do you think I was poking at him?

Old 11-29-2013, 09:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Well DUH! Why do you think I was poking at him?
You poked him????

Old 11-29-2013, 09:12 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Well she's quite clever. Too bad she had to trick you to be with her and her family for a few hours on a major holiday. Guess you need to be with someone who hates holidays and family or whose whole family is dead.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:52 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Another year with my partner asking me to go with her to visit her family. I always decline but it's annoying to be asked. I never stop her from visiting her family nor do I ask her to visit my family (heck I don't visit them). Anyways, we debated and I ultimately got my way by not going or so I thought.

Yesterday I was chilling at home eating a sandwich and wearing a wife beater. That's how you know I'm really nice and relaxed when I'm wearing a wife beater. Then my partner walks in the house and her family is following behind her into the house with food. I'm trying to watch the early Lions game but I'm quite frankly shocked because I've been had.

While her family walks in with this touchy feely stuff. Calling me buddy and trying to hug me and ask me all of these questions. It was like the longest 5 minutes of my life having every member trying to hug me and shake my hand. I'm thinking the entire time how this girl just lied to me. I immediately went to my theater room upstairs and watched the rest of the game. She walked in saying that they miss you and haven't seen you in over a year. They would like for you to come down and spend some time with them. I pretty much told her that not after the stunt she pulled. I got dressed and left the house to a local storage room which has this lovely clubhouse with a pool table, video game consoles with games, plushy couches, microwave, fridge and a big screen TV for its members. I watched the game there and ate pizza. I came home and the bedroom was locked and a note posted on the door which said "Your preferred pillow is in the guest bedroom. There is always Christmas."

I'm not mad that she hosted her family for Thanksgiving at our place. I'm annoyed that she didn't just tell me so I can have a chance to leave. This is just as much her house as it is my house. So I would have like for her to say "Hey, I'm hosting my family here whether you like it or not." That's all that could have been said. I wouldn't have objected and I would leave the house for that time. I'm quite disappointed that she lied to me by telling me she was leaving to travel to her parents' place again. She even made it believable by packing bags like she was staying overnight. She really did the most and I don't appreciate it.
I guess the only thing you did wrong was not asking these people "what the f**k are you doing in my house? I'm trying to watch the game."
You should do that for Christmas.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Was there a question you wanted answered or were you just venting (touchy feely :P)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships