Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
The only problem with your post (and the reason why he asked her in the first place) is you can indeed meet a woman at her workplace, but it is more challenging due to what you stated.

And I, personally, feel it is improper, just as asking people out you work with or have business relationships with. Yes, it CAN work and people can point to examples of it working, doesn't mean it is prudent behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 AM

113 posts, read 186,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And I, personally, feel it is improper, just as asking people out you work with or have business relationships with. Yes, it CAN work and people can point to examples of it working, doesn't mean it is prudent behavior.

I should tell my family friend that asking out girls at work is bad and he should divorce his beautiful and lovely wife immediately as it is not prudent behavior

Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,258,475 times
Can we stop commenting on the OP's decision? He was not asking for criticism. So what if it doesn't work out? He had nothing to lose.

OP, awkwardness is hard to overcome, but are you willing to try to get over it for a chance to find your soul mate? I would continue seeing her. Maybe your email went to her spam folder or somehow slipped through the crack, or maybe she's seriously considering your proposition. It's a Schrodinger's cat. You can never figure out what happened unless you ask her about it.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:34 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I asked her out primarily because I felt some flirting energy from her end and she did give me a compliment or two

it is very tough to tell the difference between a girl just being nice and actually being interested in situations like this. I was aware of this going in and knew I was taking a risk

I must admit that i'm shocked that she hasn't responded back to me (either a yes or an easy letdown). I'm sure she would want me as a customer right?
No offensive champ.

Any job in which someone can receive tips, would be foolish not to flirt. She flirts with guys all day, and probably gets many suitors like yourself. Don't take it personal. If you really dig her, call her on it. What else do you have to loose?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I'm baffled that she wouldn't give me a polite letdown though as a worst case scenario so it wouldn't be awkward to get my hair cut there again in the future

She is probably baffled that you asked her out in email instead of while you were sitting in the chair getting your hair cut during your flirting conversation.

YOU are the one who has made the situation awkward and she has probably been asked out numerous times by her clients.

Next time, use your voice not your fingers, let her hear you ask her out when speaking to her.
It is much more personal and not like an "Oh by the way, would you go out with me".......

Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM

113 posts, read 186,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
No offensive champ.

Any job in which someone can receive tips, would be foolish not to flirt. She flirts with guys all day, and probably gets many suitors like yourself. Don't take it personal. If you really dig her, call her on it. What else do you have to loose?

Every cute girl everywhere gets many many suitors. If you use that as a reason not to do anything, you'll be home alone every Friday

What do you mean call her on it?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
What else do you have to loose?
I believe you meant "lose"

I agree with this attitude. Better be rejected than be in doubt.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM

455 posts, read 898,887 times
Should have just kept the email professional. An inquiry about her profession, school, etc. (assuming this wasn't done in person already)
At least that would have told you:
- Is the email address real
- Does she check it often
Before you straight up asked her on a date. In an email.

If you had gotten a response back, then maybe you could have done a little more with it. Felt her out. Seen how far out of the professional realm you could go with reciprocation, before just diving right into it and making things uncomfortable for you (and probably her).

I agree with the others that her in-person attitude could have very well stemmed from a comfortable business-client relationship, and probably shouldn't have been assumed to be an invite.
Did you ever ascertain whether she was dating someone else?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 AM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
Good point. Did you look to see if she wears a wedding ring, OP?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
Should have just kept the email professional. An inquiry about her profession, school, etc. (assuming this wasn't done in person already)
At least that would have told you:
- Is the email address real
- Does she check it often
Before you straight up asked her on a date. In an email.

If you had gotten a response back, then maybe you could have done a little more with it. Felt her out. Seen how far out of the professional realm you could go with reciprocation, before just diving right into it and making things uncomfortable for you (and probably her).

I agree with the others that her in-person attitude could have very well stemmed from a comfortable business-client relationship, and probably shouldn't have been assumed to be an invite.
Nothing you say is wrong, but what's done is done. The OP was asking what to do next. Given what has happened, what do you say he should do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships