Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post

Regardless, I am not a tall woman and the average height for men in the US is already 4-5 inches taller than me anyway and you can tack on about additional 1-2 inches for German men. It isn't like I have to go way out of my way to even try to find a taller man or it is a really ridiculous exception that the man be taller. The vast majority of men simply are so.

I wouldn't completely write off shorter men. I have given it a shot at least once before. I didn't dump him because he was short. I dumped him because he was a dcik.
These threads do get circular, and I've mentioned it before, but what the hay, I'll mention it again.

If every woman on Earth had a height requirement of men their height and taller, then very few men would complain. The thing is that women have a 4-6 inch taller than them requirement and if they are short enough, just a hard cutoff which is several, several inches taller.

5'6" guys don't want to go out with 5'11" women either. Not too many men are interested in women significantly taller than them. That is NOT the issue.

But, whatever, you are all right. Just screw it, get your rejection early, and move on.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Bring short is almost as bad as being bald or a red head
You're joking, right?

Because bald guys are way sexy and so are redheads.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
These threads do get circular, and I've mentioned it before, but what the hay, I'll mention it again.

If every woman on Earth had a height requirement of men their height and taller, then very few men would complain. The thing is that women have a 4-6 inch taller than them requirement and if they are short enough, just a hard cutoff which is several, several inches taller.

5'6" guys don't want to go out with 5'11" women either. Not too many men are interested in women significantly taller than them. That is NOT the issue.

But, whatever, you are all right. Just screw it, get your rejection early, and move on.
I'm 5'4" and I've never really thought about this before.

I have dated guys who were pretty close to my height. The shortest was maybe 5'6" or 5'7".

I just don't have any interest in men who are shorter than me, because I'm so short already. If I was a very tall woman, I don't think I'd care if a guy was shorter.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'm 5'4" and I've never really thought about this before.

I have dated guys who were pretty close to my height. The shortest was maybe 5'6" or 5'7".

I just don't have any interest in men who are shorter than me, because I'm so short already. If I was a very tall woman, I don't think I'd care if a guy was shorter.
5'4" is average for a woman.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
5'4" is average for a woman.

Did you miss my point entirely? I am short enough that I don't think I'd date a guy that was shorter than me.

If I was taller, perhaps I would. That was pretty much my point. I don't think 5'4" is average for a white woman...

No... just checked. 5'5" is average in the US for a white chick.

I figured that because most of my white chick friends are just a wee bit taller than me... or more.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
(why am I answering, why why why???)

I'm 5'1" and I have dated men from 5'2" all the way up to 6'5". For me, I have learned that shorter than 5'8" just doesn't do it for me. I'm just not really attracted to the guy. For some reason, 5'10" works perfectly for me. Bodies just seem to fit better at that height difference. Also, since I'm so dang short I tend to have to look up at everyone anyways and if I'm not looking up at you, it just feels weird.

And yes yes, the whole "protection" thing is in effect with me too. My xh was 5'6" and 140lbs. When my BIL said he'd choose me to win a fight between me and my xh (just for fun, nothing real), that's just pathetic. Made me lose even more respect for my xh. So if we got jumped in an alley, guess I'll be doing the fighting.

Sex wise, the only position that seems to get more difficult with height difference is 69. Otherwise, height differences never seemed to make any difference in who was a better lover or not. What does it say though, that the best lovers I've had were 5'10" and up?

So, here we are, back to the reality of height....it's not so much the height, as it is confidence, and what a woman prefers.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:55 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:

So why is this a perfectly acceptable and encouraged social norm, but women not wanting to date shorter men causes such an uproar?

I mean, I'm a super tall woman and I've been rejected for my height more times than I can remember. If I had a $1 for every time a guy said 'you're really awesome and would make a great girlfriend, but I'm not interested in a woman taller than I am' I'd have quite a bit of money stashed away.

I have no issues dating men who are significantly shorter than I am...it's too bad they have biases against women who are taller than they are, but I try not to dwell on it because there is NOTHING I can do about it. And please, don't bring up '5'10 supermodels' as proof that men like taller women because that's a BS argument.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So why is this a perfectly acceptable and encouraged social norm, but women not wanting to date shorter men causes such an uproar?

I mean, I'm a super tall woman and I've been rejected for my height more times than I can remember. If I had a $1 for every time a guy said 'you're really awesome and would make a great girlfriend, but I'm not interested in a woman taller than I am' I'd have quite a bit of money stashed away.

I have no issues dating men who are significantly shorter than I am...it's too bad they have biases against women who are taller than they are, but I try not to dwell on it because there is NOTHING I can do about it. And please, don't bring up '5'10 supermodels' as proof that men like taller women because that's a BS argument.
Both of my grandmothers were taller than my grandfathers, and I love tall women.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Did you miss my point entirely? I am short enough that I don't think I'd date a guy that was shorter than me.

If I was taller, perhaps I would. That was pretty much my point. I don't think 5'4" is average for a white woman...

No... just checked. 5'5" is average in the US for a white chick.

I figured that because most of my white chick friends are just a wee bit taller than me... or more.

Yea, I get your point. I just don't agree with it.

You are excluding a small minority because you feel you accept enough men already.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:07 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Both of my grandmothers were taller than my grandfathers, and I love tall women.
You're one of the very few then.

Of course, I've heard men say they loooove tall women, but they're usually talking about women like Gisele, or Heidi Klum or other tall models. Yeah, I'm an average woman who happens to be 6'1...I'm not built like a model or ballerina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships