Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 11:45 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,173,091 times

Advertisements

As much as the male is displayed as a player that wants to sleep around while he can, this guy is an exception to the rule
at: Am I a loser because my Fiancée passed away and I am still a virgin at 26? - LoveShack.org Community Forums

He is a man still in love with the girl he couldn't marry. He lost her in an accident 9 years ago and has remained a virgin. I would probably go single for a long while too if this happened to a bf. I hope he eventually finds love again.

Overall, I think people of both sex can be monogamous but it's about finding the right person and that takes time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 11:56 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,834,430 times
How many relationships--monogamous or otherwise--have you been in, OP (Jamin)?

Old 12-14-2013, 11:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,542,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundOfMuzak View Post
Agree or disagree?
Disagree.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:44 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,237,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Polyamory is the opposite of cheating.

More women are polyamorous than men, in real life. But more men think they are, until they try it.
I think it is harder for men in our culture. And I don't really know what degree nature plays a role. The competition factor plays pretty large for some guys. The women I know/knew once in, were in. Period. Jealousy comes up for sure. But the men take some serious thinking and self searching to rid themselves of the competition factor and just accept that their women love that other guy too.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:28 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,773,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Polyamory is the opposite of cheating.

More women are polyamorous than men, in real life. But more men think they are, until they try it.
i doubt < 1% of the population has even tried or considered poly:Polyamory (from Greek πολύ [poly], meaning "many" or "several", and Latin amor, "love") is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. It is distinct from swinging (which emphasizes sex with others as merely recreational) and may or may not include polysexuality (attraction towards multiple genders and/or sexes).

Polyamory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

with that said, im not sure where you found your stats on which sex is more or less, but i would like to say that it is highly unreliable

Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 AM

6,148 posts, read 8,026,218 times
If we stop responding to GlitteringPrizes....I mean KnowerOfThings...I mean codeviolationmcenroe...I mean floppage....I mean....wait, who is he now.....oh.....

TheSoundofMuzak

Then just maybe he will stop posting nonsense if nobody answers him. Maybe.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:26 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,647,907 times
gotta use your head, OP. How can women be monogamous and men polyamorous at the same time? no one would be able to get what they want. It's a mix, you have to find someone you match up with.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,507,005 times
OP, it's far, far more complex than that. I suggest you read two books, then return with a revised opinion. The first book is "Sex at Dawn" and the other is "Sperm Wars." And don't forget that biological nature is heavily modified by culture.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:59 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,114,655 times
I have known many women who were not interested in or capable of sustaining monogamous relationships. Whether that is polyamory is simply quibbling about the definition.

Coming up with blanket statements that 'women are X, men are Y' is a great way to guarantee that you are going to misunderstand other people.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,237,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
i doubt < 1% of the population has even tried or considered poly:Polyamory (from Greek πολύ [poly], meaning "many" or "several", and Latin amor, "love") is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. It is distinct from swinging (which emphasizes sex with others as merely recreational) and may or may not include polysexuality (attraction towards multiple genders and/or sexes).

Polyamory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

with that said, im not sure where you found your stats on which sex is more or less, but i would like to say that it is highly unreliable
I am guessing that it is pretty impossible to guess how many people engage in or have considered a polyamorous lifestyle. Those of us who do tend to cautiously stay in the closet. We are treated like the worst sort of immoral freaks. Nobody wants that backlash to affect their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships