Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 10:43 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,381 times

Advertisements

This one has always baffled me. I know why men like boobs and ass. That is sexy. But I never got why the length of a man's bones meant anything? Men don't find long bones in women sexy so what gives? What if a man has short legs, and long everything else? Or what if a man has long legs and a shorter spine? Or what if the guy just has a big head? As you can see I am completely clueless about this. Also what height is considered short? Shorter than the woman, or just shorter than the average height of a man yet taller than the woman? Why will women not date shorter men but men will date shorter women? What do women assume about short men? What do they assume about tall men? Average height men? Discuss.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times
Protector instinct and social convention.

I understand why. It's just the sheer number of women who follow it that shocks me.

5'10" is generally good.

5'7" - 5'8" is pretty much the cutoff. Anything below that and you're at a major disadvantage.

Women generally require 3 to 4 inches taller at a minimum of about 5'8". That's what I've seen on dating sites. So a woman who is 5'8" may require a man who is 6 feet, but a woman who is 5'0" won't require a man who is 5'3", it will be 5'8".

Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

Women generally require 3 to 4 inches taller at a minimum of about 5'8". That's what I've seen on dating sites. So a woman who is 5'8" may require a man who is 6 feet, but a woman who is 5'0" won't require a man who is 5'3", it will be 5'8".

Are there studies that have proven taller men to be better fighters or stronger? Or is this an illusion?

And one observation I will throw in is that I A LOT of 5'7 women and 5'8 men and 5'7 men with 5'7 women. It seems for some reason, the taller the women, the less likely she wants a tall mate. Is this because taller women don't feel as vulnerable?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Are there studies that have proven taller men to be better fighters or stronger? Or is this an illusion?

And one observation I will throw in is that I A LOT of 5'7 women and 5'8 men and 5'7 men with 5'7 women. It seems for some reason, the taller the women, the less likely she wants a tall mate. Is this because taller women don't feel as vulnerable?
I think it's the opposite.

I think short women have a stigma about being short and often prefer tall men.

Sometimes ridiculously taller than themselves.

So, a man who is 5'5" has a better chance of getting a 5'5" woman to date him than a 5'0" woman. But really, no woman wants a man under 5'8". Though there is a minority that bucks convention.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:32 PM

570 posts, read 721,251 times
It's because they want their man to be taller than them when they are wearing heels.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:33 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
When making a claim, please offer proof. For example, I have found no difference in the quality of sex in various types of woman but I prefer to have sex with women with big butts and boobs because I like grabbing these things.

You like having sex with tall men/dislike having sex with short men because.....(insert reason)

And where do men of average height fall into this?
Sorry, that's just the way it is. Ask any of the female posters here who have had to put up with short guy threads over and over ad nauseum. They'll tell you. Tall guy sex is way better.

Now never post about this subject again.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
Quote:
I think it's the opposite.

I think short women have a stigma about being short and often prefer tall men.

Sometimes ridiculously taller than themselves.

So, a man who is 5'5" has a better chance of getting a 5'5" woman to date him than a 5'0" woman. But really, no woman wants a man under 5'8". Though there is a minority that bucks convention.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but that is way off target as far as I am concerned. I am 5'1". I don't have any insecurities at all about my height - none at all - because no one looks down on a woman who is small.

My husband is 6'1". I didn't pick him because of his height. I have dated shorter guys, 5'7" or 5'8", and their height was never a factor in determining whether I would go out with them or stay in a relationship with them. But I don't go around picking out short guys because I'm short; there is no reason to do that.

I can see why men would be insecure about being short but I've never met a woman who felt insecure because she was short. It's a non-issue. My only problem with being short was when I was in college and everyone wore those leg warmers over their jeans. They looked great on taller women with long, thin legs. I had short thin legs and it wasn't quite the same effect.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but that is way off target as far as I am concerned. I am 5'1". I don't have any insecurities at all about my height - none at all - because no one looks down on a woman who is small.
Nope.

That's pretty much true.

But people sure do look down on guys who are short.

Hopefully your son won't be. If he is, be nice.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:14 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:

I understand why. It's just the sheer number of women who follow it that shocks me.

5'10" is generally good.

5'7" - 5'8" is pretty much the cutoff. Anything below that and you're at a major disadvantage.

Bull****. The most popular man with the ladies I know is about 5'4.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Bull****. The most popular man with the ladies I know is about 5'4.
I will say that throughout my life (and im only 19 so high school and before) the short kids always got the hottest girls. Now they were admittedly good looking too. One of my friends was about 5'4 and got the hottest girl in school. He used to sell weed and always had nice clothes. He is one of a few like that. In grade school it seems that popularity overrules the height fetish women have. Towards the end of my high school experience the two people who got the most **** were both tall and worked out heavily. But they were also popular too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.