Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:00 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,394,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, they can, just fine. This misconception is with those (including you) that think most women want sex daily, or even 4-5 times a week. Most don't. Lots are happy with once a week, if that. Thankfully I've gotten quite good at screening those people out very early in the dating process (or even pre dating process).

But, R4T, I know you can never miss an opportunity to denigrate/blame men, so carry on.
I don't know many women who want sex multiple times a day. The majority of women I know do not have insatiable sex drives. Daily or every other day is great, but for the majority, I'd say a few times a week, if that, is more the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 12:03 PM

39,401 posts, read 27,779,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I don't know many women who want sex multiple times a day. The majority of women I know do not have insatiable sex drives. Daily or every other day is great, but for the majority, I'd say a few times a week, if that, is more the norm.
I don't even think most men want it several times a day although some of them will never admit it.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:54 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,940,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't even think most men want it several times a day although some of them will never admit it.
Agreed on both.....

Old 12-20-2013, 04:59 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,727,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Taos, NM, as well, where the counterculture of the 60's is still alive and well. And Santa Cruz, CA.

Otherwise, Timberline may have a point; although people live in shared housing, due to high rents in the Bay Area (among other places, like Seattle), the phenom of a bunch of friends getting together to rent a house together isn't as common as it used to be. On the other hand, however, "hanging out" with a group of friends, and getting to know prospective partners that way, is more popular than ever! Formal dating is being edged out, at least in a certain age demographic.
We used to live around Arroyo Seco, CA. By Miller's Lodge camp, Fred's Camp, Government Camp, The Gorge, The Indian's, etc............have many wonderful memories.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,931,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Your negativity towards men is pretty clear, it comes through in almost all your posts. They routinely say the woman is fine and the man in insensitive, or that the man is not good enough for them/the woman deserves better, or that there is something wrong with the guy. It is always about what the man can do or should do different.
Are you kiddin' me??? DUDE, you either misunderstood or are thinking of someone else.

Like me, Ruth loves men

Old 12-20-2013, 06:53 PM

42,762 posts, read 52,998,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Are you kiddin' me??? DUDE, you either misunderstood or are thinking of someone else.

Like me, Ruth loves men
I love men. I ♥ them.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 AM

678 posts, read 1,068,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one here .

I now live in a culture where people date (not every couple, but some), so part of my reason for being here is to learn what that means.
Only place that I no where it's common for people to have sex and then have it turn into dating is Iceland. It's not uncommon for people to "hook up" a few times and then decide that they like each other enough to date.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:07 PM

7,031 posts, read 14,525,552 times
I grew up in a culture where casual sex is rare (sex outside of dating). But most ppl are not virgins at marriage atleast for Gen Y.

(Chinese culture)

Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I know, right?

But maybe it was there and we just didn't recognise it. I saw it in Happy Days so I thought it was something people used to do back in the 50s.
They did used to date. In the 40s and 50s, people would date around but as they weren't having sex on the first "date" or just hooking up like today, a woman could go to dinner and a movie with one guy and then the next weekend another. They could determine compatibility and interests and later start dating more exclusively which was called going steady. Back in those days, women worried if they should have a good night kiss at the door by the 3rd or 4th or 5th date.

Today there can't be any dating around or playing the field unless people are into sex with many partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships