Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:48 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB55 View Post
1. Now that I'm older and have moved around the country a bit, I have realized that basically NOBODY thinks like that.

2. I found a statistic that only between 2-3 percent of people actually wait for marriage to have sex. That's both genders. That means between 1 and 1.5 percent of females actually wait to have sex until marriage.

3. Think about how hard it is to find a good girl that you like, are attracted to, you are compatible with, AND that likes you, is attracted to you and is compatible with you. It's hard enough in the first place. Then imagine *eliminating* 99 out of every 100 girls from that potential dating pool. You only have one girl left out of every 100 if you are waiting until marriage for sex. Then, you have to work from there and still attempt to find one that you are compatible with, attracted to, etc. It's impossible.
1. FYI, you don't have to believe what everyone else believes in regards to this.

2. Actually, 2-3 percent of the whole population could mean 2-3 percent of the female population as well, since 2-3 percent of females plus 2-3 percent of males equals 2-3 percent of the total population.

3. The thing is that you don't have to marry someone who waited until marriage before she had sex. You can still abstain yourself and marry someone who is not a virgin. Just because one is planning to abstain from sex until he or she gets married doesn't mean that this individual needs to automatically eliminate everyone else who didn't abstain from his or her dating pool. This is what I am planning to do, and I am an agnostic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 10:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wow. Seriously? So all it took were a few yahoos on an Internet forum to change your "ethics and morals"? Jesus is facepalming right now.

And it only took a couple hours.......

I'm thinking there were no "morals, values or ethics" in the first place.
What a waste of everyone's time to even respond to the first post.

Original Poster: Isn't it past your bedtime? Do your parents know you are on a public forum talking about your lack of sex life, morals, ethics and values.......or lack of?

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2013, 10:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Date a church girl.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:03 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I was going to say the same thing.

I would also suggest trying cocaine and heroine. Everyone else is doing it.
Oh well great! The market's already tight, and you're inviting everyone else to join in.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Date a church girl.
As a former Catholic school pupil I would have to agree.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:09 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Quote:
What would be the best bet for me at this point? Get one of my good female friends who is sexually open to have sex with me and show me the ropes?
I vote for this method. Some women really like doing the mentor thing. And you may as well learn from someone who has the confidence to do it. Just try not to fall in love, if she's not into it.

Would not do a hooker. Too emotionally weird.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:34 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:

What would be the best bet for me at this point? Get one of my good female friends who is sexually open to have sex with me and show me the ropes?
Do you have a friend like this?

I'm guessing you don't, and if you don't, then do not waste more time fantasizing. Work with reality.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:05 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its all a timing issue, its all grand when you pull it off at 19-22 but what about when time keeps on ticking ......

No one wants to be the 30 year old virgin.
I know of many younger folks in their 30's who are still virgins, not for religious reason either...it's a personal choice , when it's right, you'll know it, until then chill...

Old 12-29-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I know of many younger folks in their 30's who are still virgins, not for religious reason either...it's a personal choice , when it's right, you'll know it, until then chill...
Well, then you should have hooked the OP up in his other thread!

Old 12-29-2013, 04:11 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:
I grew up with heavy Christian influences. Although I sort of grew apart from some of them over the years, one that always seemed to stick with me was waiting for marriage to have sex. I realized I was in the minority on this, but I still always thought of it as something that a decent amount of people did.

Now that I'm older and have moved around the country a bit, I have realized that basically NOBODY thinks like that. I found a statistic that only between 2-3 percent of people actually wait for marriage to have sex. That's both genders. That means between 1 and 1.5 percent of females actually wait to have sex until marriage.

Think about how hard it is to find a good girl that you like, are attracted to, you are compatible with, AND that likes you, is attracted to you and is compatible with you. It's hard enough in the first place. Then imagine *eliminating* 99 out of every 100 girls from that potential dating pool. You only have one girl left out of every 100 if you are waiting until marriage for sex. Then, you have to work from there and still attempt to find one that you are compatible with, attracted to, etc. It's impossible.

The thing is, now that I've come to this realization and have accepted the fact that I'm just going to have to have sex, I'm way behind the game. I'm 25. And from what I can tell, no girl around my age (or older) wants to date a virgin or have sex with a virgin. That sort of leaves me between a rock and a hard place. Even though I'm now up for having sex, no one wants to have sex with or date a virgin. And I can't become not a virgin unless I go have sex with a girl.

Just go ahead and try to have sex with the next girl I date? It seems like if I chose that method, either I would have to explain to her ahead of time why I was a virgin, which would immediately scare her off. Or I wouldn't say anything and she would be able to tell immediately when we gave it a try, which would immediately scare her off.

It feels like there's really no good way to go. Makes me wish I would have ditched the Christian morals and just had awkward 15-year-old sex with another virgin back in high school.
I know you think you are old, but you aren't. You are still young and have not reached the age where it would be very awkward to admit you are a virgin. I think I would just wait until the next girl you date. Don't tell her immediately, give yourself some time to get to know her and for you to feel like you are compatible. At that time then tell her you are a virgin and why, but that you no longer feel that is the right thing to do for you personally. Having given her some time to get to know you and like you she may be more open to having sex with you and not be caught up on the virginity. In the meantime, read up on how to please a woman so that you are ahead of the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships