Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 AM

92 posts, read 93,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You have admitted your activities, not what what you really are. There is a clear difference.
Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoHelmt View Post
Yes, I know I'm a selfish bastard and could never get the courage to tell her the truth, that our marriage was a sham. But you how it's like, the children were small and she didn't work. She has known about my affairs for a long time, it's not like she's stupid.

She's 59 now.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
On one hand there is many words I want to call you for doing that to her. After 39 years of her raising YOUR childern and meeting your needs..your tossing her to the side because you want to be free. I hope that she gets a ball-busting lawyer and gets everything she deserves for putting up with your selfish self for all that time.
I'm not tossing anyone to the side. She has the freedom to rebuilt her own life and I've finally been honest with her and myself. Better after 40 years than never.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
There is no reason to put any credence in anything the OP says. His words and promises are meaningless. He promised to love and cherish his wife till death and remain faithful to her. This promise obviously means nothing to him. He changed his mind when it was convenient for him. I would not want this fellow for a friend.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I would not want this fellow for a friend.
I assure you I'm a very good friend. I try my best to be a good father and grandfather but only they could tell. I was never born to be a husband, though, you can't be good at everything.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 AM

We'll meet on Friday. I just spoke to her. It'll either be sorted out or it will stay as it is.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM

64 posts, read 66,836 times
Get divorced and just be done with it.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:38 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
Divorce after all these years is going to be a legal odyssey. There's no way she has the money to give me half of our house's current value.

But not being divorced doesn't bother me, I still refer to her as my wife, which is perfectly natural to me.

Besides, she's very Catholic and said she has married for life to only one man.
Not a problem. By the time you give her alimony, half of your retiremewnt plans, half of your other assets, cars, boats, jewelry, coins, collections, bank accounts, your business and anything else you own, she will be in a position to easily decide if she wants half of the house, or just wants to leave you swinging. Courts don't mind people wanting to divorce, but lawyers have a way of making a BIG DEAL out of spouse's who are not faithful.

You are toast, my friend, if she gets a decent lawyer. When they are done with you, the clothes on your back will be the only things which you have left. (Oh, and the memories of al that good sex).

Old 01-07-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Not a problem. By the time you give her alimony, half of your retiremewnt plans, half of your other assets, cars, boats, jewelry, coins, collections, bank accounts, your business and anything else you own, she will be in a position to easily decide if she wants half of the house, or just wants to leave you swinging. Courts don't mind people wanting to divorce, but lawyers have a way of making a BIG DEAL out of spouse's who are not faithful.

You are toast, my friend, if she gets a decent lawyer. When they are done with you, the clothes on your back will be the only things which you have left. (Oh, and the memories of al that good sex).
I've protected my account. You don't get to my age without learning a few things.

Quote:
When I left home, I pulled out of the common account (it's hers now) and my brother signed in to my account. In case of divorce, she can't have any money from this account without my brother's permission (which will obviously not be given). At the same time, my brother can't take any money from it without my consent. I'm the only one who can move the money as I wish.

I can pay her a pension for many years but I won't give her free reign into my personal account.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAS1 View Post
Get divorced and just be done with it.
Quote:
I've protected my account. You don't get to my age without learning a few things.
Best advice.

It's her money also. I think most of us here are tired of your story. Hope you can live a decent life.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
ahhh....a good forensic accountant can slice through that in, say, $50,000 of billings (which you pay).

I don't think you have any idea of the hell and fury which can be unleashed upon you IF this woman decides to come after you.....

And from the sound of it, you have a few bucks, which attracts lawyers like flies, even if your wife isn't interested in coming after you, they can change that tune in, well, .......maybe a couple hundred grand in legal shenanigans before they get down to the real fighting.

Are you a US person, and are we talking a US marriage? Just your comments on this forum alone are enough to make your life a living hell for at least a decade...not to mention financially break you to nothing. Don't be quite so bombastic.....it isn't over until it is over, and this is just beginning.

If any of it is real, which with one post, I have my doubts. It is hard to believe you could be that naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships