Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 06:42 PM

92 posts, read 93,040 times

Advertisements

I will call her to see if we can have a conversation next week. I will tell her to reconsider because there's no point in dragging a marriage that has been dead and buried for many years.

I hope she can keep rational because our conversations since the separation always end with her crying her eyes out.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:45 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Well then what are you worrying about if it's not going to come up anytime soon? You will be able to keep your money, control her financially, and still have your freedom and ho's.

Just tell her you aren't coming back home ever and keep it moving. Unless she is a true idiot after a while the crying and begging will dwindle & eventually cease. Who knows maybe after a few months or years alone she will develop a separate identity for herself outside of wife and mother/grandma and get a whole new life. Plenty of people have been dumped before and the dumpee swears they will die and the dumper believes it. Humans are resilient and given enough time she will move on. If she doesn't than that's on her for wasting her short time on Earth pining over you.

Also, yeah she could have worked full-time but I bet you benefited plenty when she stopped. You said that she took care of the home and the kids and did it very well. I bet you never had to wash a dish, do a load of laundry, or ever worry about child-care or where your kids were at after she stopped working. Of course now that the work is done it means nothing. Once again revising history and her value as your partner of 39 years. Give her half? No way because she did very little and you did all the real work right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoHelmt View Post
I doubt divorce will come up anytime soon. You seem to forget she's the one adamant about not getting divorced.

If it happens, we can negociate a certain amount but she stopped working on her will. Plenty of my friends wives worked full time and they also had children as well.

Of course I couldn't have raised 4 children by myself (I don't think any person can) but I'm sure she wouldn't have let me keep the kids if we had divorced when they were young.

Last edited by Jasper03; 01-04-2014 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-04-2014, 06:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
that is not true that she cant live without you, she has already demonstrated that. she cant live without your income, now that is a true statement. it would require her to start working.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is not true that she cant live without you, she has already demonstrated that. she cant live without your income, now that is a true statement. it would require her to start working.
Huck, so true. This man is on an ego trip that will have a crash ending. Hope she takes him to the cleaners.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I've told her we have plenty of children and grandchildren to fill a house so she will hardly be alone.

I don't think she would have an easy task finding a job at her age. But she doesn't have to. I promised to keep sending money and I plan to keep my promise.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:57 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
I will call her to see if we can have a conversation next week. I will tell her to reconsider because there's no point in dragging a marriage that has been dead and buried for many years.

I hope she can keep rational because our conversations since the separation always end with her crying her eyes out.
The coldness from your posts are radiating out and giving me the chills. They/you are colder than the arctic air moving into Chicago.

Just divorce her. I keep picture my mother.
Sickening!!!!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Also, yeah she could have worked full-time but I bet you benefited plenty when she stopped. You said that she took care of the home and the kids and did it very well. I bet you never had to wash a dish, do a load of laundry, or ever worry about child-care or where your kids were at after she stopped working. Of course now that the work is done it means nothing. Once again revising history and her value as your partner of 39 years. Give her half? No way because she did very little and you did all the real work right?
You are right. I never had to change a diaper but ask any guy from my generation and see if any of them ever had that kind of work with their children. It doesn't mean I'm a bad father.

My suggestion would be to put the house for sale, that way she could give me my half, I would give her her half and we would be pretty well balanced.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
The coldness from your posts are radiating out and giving me the chills. They/you are colder than the arctic air moving into Chicago.

Just divorce her. I keep picture my mother.
Sickening!!!!
She ends up crying because she asks very personal questions, wants me to be honest and then doesn't like what she hears.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:18 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Your generation? You mean the dads of the mid-to-late 70s thru 80s? You were born in the 50s so you are not a part of the Mad Men generation of dads. You're just making excuses for your selfishness. Before you said she could have continued working if she wanted to but in this post you state that you were never hands on with the kids or did your share in the house. So she should have worked full-time and took care of the house and kids so that she wouldn't be in the position of having to need what is yours today. I get it now it's all her fault for not being super woman.

I bet you would like an arrangement like that but I think a judge would suggest a different one regardless of what state you live in (if you're in the U.S). 39 years is a very long-time, you had better hope she stays religious, and never files for a divorce.

Quote:
You are right. I never had to change a diaper but ask any guy from my generation and see if any of them ever had that kind of work with their children. It doesn't mean I'm a bad father.

My suggestion would be to put the house for sale, that way she could give me my half, I would give her her half and we would be pretty well balanced.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Your generation? You mean the dads of the mid-to-late 70s thru 80s? You were born in the 50s so you are not a part of the Mad Men generation of dads. You're just making excuses for your selfishness. Before you said she could have continued working if she wanted to but in this post you state that you were never hands on with the kids or did your share in the house. So she should have worked full-time and took care of the house and kids so that she wouldn't be in the position of having to need what is yours today. I get it now it's all her fault for not being super woman.
Yes, most men from my generation didn't do any of that. It was just the way it was, it doesn't mean I loved my kids any less.

I knew we could get a maid after the first few years (and we eventually did even with her at home).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships