Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 04:11 PM

29 posts, read 27,550 times

Advertisements

Not sure how to deal with this one. Need some help. Please.

I own a developing online business. Today the family joined me for a photo shoot of the product I am selling. My marketing agent and photographer managed to bring in a female model. We had wanted to start some test shots and video of a male and female pair using the product. This was a last minute surprise for me as it was to just be a straight product shot.

The male model was not available and again these were test shots. So I was asked to step in. That did not go over well with my wife of 15 years. Especially when the photographer asked me to hold her hand. Wife was upset, told the model that I have a perfectly good wife that could have done her job, and walked away. Shoot over, took her home, says she wants nothing to do with me at the moment. I left her alone all day, cooked dinner for her and kids, left for a few hours so she could eat without seeing me.

Now here is the odd part. I asked her to model the product. Many, many times. She alerts says no. Before we started today, I told her we were going to do some shots with the model, which she said ok, why are you telling me this. To clarify, there is nothing sexual about the product or shoot.

She is insecure, even after 15 years, great kids, and proof we can handle the ups and downs. It is the only thing I can think of.

I am giving her space until she wants to talk. I have no plans on getting angry. I will listen, explain my thoughts at the right time, and go from there.

What did I do wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 04:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
You did nothing wrong. She sounds like she's having issues or going crazy lol

Old 01-12-2014, 04:15 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Provided this is not her usual pattern, either there is something else wrong in your marriage or your wife is going through something, whether it be menopause or a depressive episode or just a bad day.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM

250 posts, read 400,051 times
Idk man if everything else is great I'd probably just apologize and not use a female model in future shoots if it upsets her.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Did you ask her why she's angry?

Old 01-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Yes. She felt upset that I did not ask her to stand in or say something to the photographer to get her to stand in.

I do not doubt there is depression.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMonday View Post
Not sure how to deal with this one. Need some help. Please.

I own a developing online business. Today the family joined me for a photo shoot of the product I am selling. My marketing agent and photographer managed to bring in a female model. We had wanted to start some test shots and video of a male and female pair using the product. This was a last minute surprise for me as it was to just be a straight product shot.

The male model was not available and again these were test shots. So I was asked to step in. That did not go over well with my wife of 15 years. Especially when the photographer asked me to hold her hand. Wife was upset, told the model that I have a perfectly good wife that could have done her job, and walked away. Shoot over, took her home, says she wants nothing to do with me at the moment. I left her alone all day, cooked dinner for her and kids, left for a few hours so she could eat without seeing me.

Now here is the odd part. I asked her to model the product. Many, many times. She alerts says no. Before we started today, I told her we were going to do some shots with the model, which she said ok, why are you telling me this. To clarify, there is nothing sexual about the product or shoot.

She is insecure, even after 15 years, great kids, and proof we can handle the ups and downs. It is the only thing I can think of.

I am giving her space until she wants to talk. I have no plans on getting angry. I will listen, explain my thoughts at the right time, and go from there.

What did I do wrong?
I'm sorry. I know that is tough. My ex was the same way. It's unfair, and it sounds like, from what you are saying, you are doing everything you can to make sure you don't over step any boundaries with her. It is not you!! It is her. I wish I had a solution to offer. I tried everything with mine, and it just got to a point where she had to move on. I wish you the best of luck, but if she isn't willing to work on why she is feeling insecure, there is nothing you can do.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
She feels rejected and "less than."

In an on-the-spot "contest," she lost to a "better model."

Put this FAR behind you, do not walk on eggshells or keep asking her about it, and move forward.

And any chance you get to let her know you love her, do that.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:25 PM

The only thing I did not do was flat out ask her today if she would like to model product today. Asking again would be a broken record.

The model and I were set up to look like a couple, no doubt, this upset her

Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMonday View Post
Yes. She felt upset that I did not ask her to stand in or say something to the photographer to get her to stand in.

I do not doubt there is depression.
Does she normally overreact like this? It seems irrational unless there's something else going on, like she suspects you of something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships