Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 11:04 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,224,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ahhhh Daniel son.....have a seat.

There are many.

Companionship
If I ever meet a single woman that even seems, at the outset, to be kind, good-hearted, and potentially good partner, I will pursue her as long as it takes. I have yet to meet that unicorn.

Quote:
-someone to put your hemroid cream on from being pregnant.
*hemorrhoid

Quote:
-carrying your child
A surrogate could carry my child with donor eggs, if need be.

Quote:
-memories-huge life experiences
Like cheating and divorce?

Quote:
-someone to wipe your butt when you are too old.
That's what live-in aides are for. Hopefully, my children will help me out with that. Hopefully.

Quote:
Benefits
-401 k combo
401ks are no longer wise investment strategies. There's talk of taxing them.

Quote:
-social security combo
The social security system will collapse by the time we're old enough to collect it.

Quote:
-health insurences
*insurances

I have very good health insurance right now.

Quote:
(Why do you think the gays wanted the same marriage benefits? )
I was under the impression that they just wanted something to complain about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 11:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,176,878 times
My bank account told me Im not ready for a serious relationship yet

Old 12-07-2014, 11:08 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,002,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
My bank account told me Im not ready for a serious relationship yet
Find a lady who has her own.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
If I ever meet a single woman that even seems, at the outset, to be kind, good-hearted, and potentially good partner, I will pursue her as long as it takes. I have yet to meet that unicorn.

*hemorrhoid

A surrogate could carry my child with donor eggs, if need be.

Like cheating and divorce?

That's what live-in aides are for. Hopefully, my children will help me out with that. Hopefully.

401ks are no longer wise investment strategies. There's talk of taxing them.

The social security system will collapse by the time we're old enough to collect it.

*insurances

I have very good health insurance right now.

I was under the impression that they just wanted something to complain about.

Hey do what you want I'm not saying either is bad.
I just know I see a lot of very lonely old people out there.Its rather sad.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:17 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,643,162 times
Quote:
There are many.

Companionship, etc

All that and more. I’d sure like to get married but haven’t find anyone who feels the same way. Everyone is too focused on being independent, as if this is a good thing, and some find that wanting or even needing somebody as an undesirable weakness to be shunned when it should be wanted and desired. And if you act or try to be the least bit romantic, oh boy, then you are coming off as too “seriousâ€. Just what the hell is that supposed to mean? I bring flowers to a date and that is considered too serious? People are way too uptight these days and really need to loosen up, relax and enjoy the short moment we have in this life instead of trying to spoil it, bollix it up and sanitize it at every given opportunity.

Too bad this wonderful attitude wasn't prevalent a couple thousand years ago as there wouldn’t be anybody human around today to be bothered and inconvenienced.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
All that and more. I’d sure like to get married but haven’t find anyone who feels the same way. Everyone is too focused on being independent, as if this is a good thing, and some find that wanting or even needing somebody as an undesirable weakness to be shunned when it should be wanted and desired. And if you act or try to be the least bit romantic, oh boy, then you are coming off as too “seriousâ€. Just what the hell is that supposed to mean? I bring flowers to a date and that is considered too serious? People are way too uptight these days and really need to loosen up, relax and enjoy the short moment we have in this life instead of trying to spoil it, bollix it up and sanitize it at every given opportunity.

Too bad this wonderful attitude wasn't prevalent a couple thousand years ago as there wouldn’t be anybody human around today to be bothered and inconvenienced.
Ah you just met uptight women, many still love the good old fashion dates and such.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Hey do what you want I'm not saying either is bad.
I just know I see a lot of very lonely old people out there.Its rather sad.
Getting married is no guarantee that you won't be lonely. There's also definitely no guarantee that the marriage will last that long.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:26 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,643,162 times
Quote:
Ah you just met uptight women, many still love the good old fashion dates and such.
I sure hope so and I continue to hold out hope that I find her. That sure will be nice.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I sure hope so and I continue to hold out hope that I find her. That sure will be nice.
I found one that loves traditional dating. She's extremely cold and damaged from being cheating on multiple times (or so she says). She's also holding out for Mr. Perfect.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:31 PM

323 posts, read 309,260 times
Quote:
Ahhhh Daniel son.....have a seat.

There are many.

Companionship
-carrying your child

Benefits
-401 k combo
-social security combo
-health insurences
Having been through the divorce meatgrinder once already, there is NOTHING that a woman offers that is worth the risk of going through it again.

Quote:
Companionship
As I said in another post, in my experience (and what I've observed with friends and family), women are not good companions at all. If I want companionship, I will get a dog. Or a cat. Or a foul-tempered rabbit (yes, it must be foul-tempered. Like Bun Bun from Sluggy Freelance). Or a snake.

Quote:
I'm assuming you meant someone to put hemhorroid cream on you when you're pregnant. Since men can't get pregnant, I don't think this applies. And I'm not keen on putting hemhorroid cream on anyone else.

Quote:
-carrying your child
You mean pointing a nuclear weapon at me that she can set off at any time, with the State's blessing, and remove from my life on a whim, WHILE simultaneously forcing me to pay a third of my gross earnings, with State force standing by to be used against me if I lose my job or something?

Thank you....no.

Quote:
While I'm tempted to give you this one, due to my last girlfriend (I still think about some things and smile, and she left 2 years ago), I think back to the ex wife, or the girl that got pregnant by another guy and tried to say it was mine and hit me up for Mommy's Party Fund Support, til the DNA test said no....Keep in mind, she's been lying to her daughter for 14 years, telling her that I was her father. Poor kid had searched Teh Interwebz trying to find me, which I found out after the po-leece dropped paperwork off for the Mommy's Party Fund Support case. Then there's the girl from high school that got mad because I dumped HER before she could dump ME, and decided that the appropriate response was to make a false accusation that could have landed me in prison at the tender young age of 18. I was a couple months from graduating high school, 7 months from shipping out to basic training, and facing a false accusation. The type that "women would NEVER lie about". Uh, yeah, they would, I'm living proof.

That's a great memory, right there. As is being lied to for YEARS about where the money in the checking account is going. It's great to know that while you were struggling to pay the electric bill and put food on the table, you were also bankrolling someone else's mother's Home Shopping Network addiction, AND paying for a dog for their grandmother to abuse ad neglect. Even better was having the po-leece at my house because her kid was dealing heroin IN MY HOUSE while I was at work, and allowing all his druggie friends to eat everything in the house. I loved spending a thousand dollars a month on groceries and never having food in the house. The thought of the cops breaking down the door and executing a warrant on my home, searching for his drugs, was even better, especially since I like to shoot and hunt and have a nice collection of firearms. Nothing I'd like better than to watch the things I worked hard for get "lost" in po-leece evidence.

Quote:
I prefer the Heckler & Koch retirement plan. Or sitting on a beach in Peru and just dying.

Quote:
-401 k combo
Not a benefit, IMO. Firstly because I think it's just a matter of time until .gov seizes everyone's 401(k)'s to pay for .gov's outrageous spending, as has already been done in at least a few other countries (European countries, not Banana Republics). Secondly, I *HAD* a 401(k) at one point. Five years I contributed to it. Had just gotten vested in the company's pension program, too.

Now I have neither. She got more than half my 401(k), and the rest was withdrawn over a period of months to keep my car from getting repo'ed and my house from getting foreclosed while I tried to find a job in my new/old home state.

Now I'm rebuilding my retirement from scratch, and am part of a pretty good retirement system....as long as CONgress doesn't decide they really, REALLY want that money, like they did with SS decades ago.

Quote:
-social security combo
Only a benefit for women, since men typically die sooner. Also, as someone else mentioned, SS won't be around by the time I'm old enough to collect. Luckily, I don't pay into it, because my work has a different system. Unluckily, CONgress could rob that just as easily as they robbed SS.

Quote:
-health insurences
This one I WILL give you.

Quote:
Ha, there are all kinds of reasons that people could say. Personally, I think they wanted the tax break, insurance, and the ability for their partner to make medical decisions for them and inherit their stuff. None of which I disagree with. But IMO, you should be able to leave your stuff to whoever you want, name someone to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to do so, and put your dog on your health insurance if that's the only creature that lives with you. Unmarried couples living together should get all that, too. NOT allowing unmarried couples all of that is (again, in my opinion) a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Last edited by LXXXI; 12-07-2014 at 11:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships