Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM

31,071 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Same applies to men. I'm Sean Connery on the streets and John Holmes beneath the sheets

And an absolute yes to the OPs question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:30 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not sure what "ladylike" means, exactly, but isn't it normal for most couples to behave with decorum in public, and cut loose in the bedroom?
Nowadays I think most men are observing women to be boorish in public, and uptight at home.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:49 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Do men like women to act like ladies in public
I like people to act like themselves - no some pretender - no more and no less.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:13 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Because the definitions of ladylike and **** and/or ***** are culturally constructed from societal expectations, the saying "Lady in the street and freak in the bed" always irritated me. It reeks of outdated notions about women and sex. Being competent and adventurous in the bedroom doesn't say anything about your sexual promiscuity. And what does being "ladylike" even mean? High heels? Makeup? Not burping or farting in public?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:47 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Because the definitions of ladylike and **** and/or ***** are culturally constructed from societal expectations, the saying "Lady in the street and freak in the bed" always irritated me. It reeks of outdated notions about women and sex. Being competent and adventurous in the bedroom doesn't say anything about your sexual promiscuity. And what does being "ladylike" even mean? High heels? Makeup? Not burping or farting in public?
Bravo! And the bolded is what I was wondering, too. Maybe the OP could help us out by posting a definition?

Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Because then a man gets to feel that he has the best of both worlds in a woman; someone who

Lady in the streets = Make him look good (smart, powerful, desirable) for being able to land a quality woman
Freak in the sheets = Make him feel good in bed, like a man, virile, potent, etc.

So, really it's all about constantly making the man look good and feel good in public and private. Hopefully he is bringing enough to the table to make the woman look and feel good, too.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:48 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Because then a man gets to feel that he has the best of both worlds in a woman; someone who

Lady in the streets = Make him look good (smart, powerful, desirable) for being able to land a quality woman
Freak in the sheets = Make him feel good in bed, like a man, virile, potent, etc.

So, really it's all about constantly making the man look good and feel good in public and private. Hopefully he is bringing enough to the table to make the woman look and feel good, too.
I don't have anything to add here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships