Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 12:03 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times

Advertisements

It all boils down to preferences but yep overweight people who think others will overlook their weight but refuse to overlook other's weight are usually delusional. When I did online dating I was approached by obese men who would complain about the "fatties" on the site not realizing they were probably fatter than the women they were attacking. They would then get upset when I rejected them as I am not attracted to obese men (and no I am not fat).

Old 02-07-2014, 12:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,507,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
They take the pipe when they go to Jamaica and Dominican Republic.

What do poor chubby American men do? Out of luck I guess.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:49 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,252,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I think maybe you need to re-read what I said. I said I *would* give him a chance, because I always like to meet people with shared interests, even if it doesn't lead to anything romantic.
Of course, you would.

This thread reeks hypocrisy.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:01 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,027,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Of course, you would.

This thread reeks hypocrisy.

You asked a question, you got an answer. What more do you want? You have no logical reason for not believing OP's answer.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,195,565 times
Sad fact but a woman's value in the eyes of men is heavily (heh) weighted on her appearance. Having a 6 figure salary, killer humor and charm aren't going to make a fat woman attractive, but they can raise the status of an overweight man, which in turn raises his attractiveness. Whine, rationalize, or call me misogynistic, but these are facts.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:48 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,027,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Sad fact but a woman's value in the eyes of men is heavily (heh) weighted on her appearance. Having a 6 figure salary, killer humor and charm aren't going to make a fat woman attractive, but they can raise the status of an overweight man, which in turn raises his attractiveness. Whine, rationalize, or call me misogynistic, but these are facts.
Wrong. These are your opinion. Plenty of men will agree with you but a lot will not.

An overweight woman can be attractive with or without a 6 figure income, charm, etc. Someone out there will think she's attractive. And while there are plenty of women who may be drawn to an overweight man due to his income plenty more will not be interested. Some women really don't care about that as much natural attraction. If they aren't attracted then a 6 figure income is not going to help the guy. If the 6 figure income is the deciding factor for a woman, maybe this guy should look out! As for his charm or humor, these are good personality traits that can make anyone, man or woman, more appealing to others.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM

11,813 posts, read 12,062,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You're right. While this may not take the sting away for the OP, he revealed himself to be shallow. If he would have allowed himself a little more depth, he would have found out the OP is looking to drop some of the weight, and they could have made it a date thing... hiking, gym partners, etc. It obviously wouldn't have hurt him to get a little more active.

Honestly, as a person who is extremely unphotogenic, you could randomly select a pic and I would never have been asked on any dates.
Exactly. (and me too!)

At the end of the day, she's better off finding someone who isn't so quick to judge before even meeting.

If he remains alone because of judging people before meeting them in person, hopefully he figures out one day that it's actually not too much effort to spare an hour or two with someone you really hit it off with. It's amazing how much more attractive someone can become in your eyes with an incredible personality, intellect, wit, shared interests/passions, whatever gets you going.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:26 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,637,049 times
Being rejected as too heavy....by someone who is also heavy?

Isn't that the kettle calling the pot black!!

Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,165,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm afraid I have to agree. It seems distasteful, and I'm sure a discussion on whether it's cultural conditioning or biological imperative would fill the whole thread to bursting, but it does seem to be the reality of the dating world.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,195,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Wrong. These are your opinion. Plenty of men will agree with you but a lot will not.

An overweight woman can be attractive with or without a 6 figure income, charm, etc. Someone out there will think she's attractive. And while there are plenty of women who may be drawn to an overweight man due to his income plenty more will not be interested. Some women really don't care about that as much natural attraction. If they aren't attracted then a 6 figure income is not going to help the guy. If the 6 figure income is the deciding factor for a woman, maybe this guy should look out! As for his charm or humor, these are good personality traits that can make anyone, man or woman, more appealing to others.
Fat women are not attractive to men outside of fetish and guys without the ability to attract non overweight women. Your one off "she is attractive to someone" has no place in generality discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships