Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 01:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,005,416 times

Advertisements

[quote=hooplaman;33357536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

True haha but the father was hilarious! I don't know how kids these days are growing up watching all these crappy cartoons. You just made me think about the fact that I grew up literally watching the same cartoons as my parents. Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, Top Cat, and all the good stuff.
Don't forget Johnny Quest

Old 02-06-2014, 01:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,050,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Wow that show was out when I was pretty young but I never seem to understand what the heck was the point of the show. I enjoyed 3rd rock from the sun more because they were all aliens.
Is this your way of calling me an old geezer again? BTW, I'm 33. Hardly geezer material!

Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,050,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Is this your way of calling me an old geezer again? BTW, I'm 33. Hardly geezer material!
I sometimes like to think I am younger than I am so by putting some distance between me and you I feel better. Today is my birthday so I am especially in need of feeling younger!

[quote=burgler09;33357718]
Quote:

Don't forget Johnny Quest
Another classic!

Or thundercats! I went overseas once and saw thundercats dubbed in the local language. For me the show turned into a comedy once dubbed!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah nyc is terrible for average men..great for women looking to outkick their coverage

I need to move somewhere else where the single scene isnt so skwewed towards women and their sex and the city like delusions of grandeur
Quote:
WHATT?! NYC is great! I would never want to live anywhere else because of the amount of hot pretty women is unparalleled. And I would consider myself average so i think this is more in your head than anything else.
NYC is a great place for women from housing, to dating and career purposes, and not so for average men unless if you have some sort of skill or sociability. From my observation women here can always get a man and the things that I have seen here you would not see in picket white fenced America when it comes to dating. I have seen women in life long crutches dating guys, getting pregnant, a woman in a wheelchair that my friends like but she rejected him and goes out with a man that only uses her for an fwb but she assumes their might be a potential relationship and she cried because she was used for sex. I have known and seen women 300 pounds become mothers and are in relationships which they set the tone. Visited the courthouse in my area and witnessed plenty of overweight women with men smaller than them picking up marriage licenses. For a job interview at family court, I witnessed overweight women filing child support subpoenas. Went out on a speed dating event, large women were going for men slim or smaller than them and guess what they get the guys. All I can say is this if your a fat American woman and your struggling to find a date in cali or in Florida or Denver, move to the Northeast. Places like NYC, Boston, Philly and DC will open plenty of relationship doors. I have guys friends who are big who struggled in NYC once they visit places like Cali and Florida they decided to move because meeting women there is more easier. Also only Manhattan is the only place with really good looking women, visit more local areas and you will say yuck, but its those very yucky women that get a lot of men, and I had my share of yucky women. I have friends and including myself say what am I doing wrong, its not about money or personality, it all boils down to looks and swag. Maybe you were in a Transient neighborhood hooplaman!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:38 PM

48,634 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree with you. But I also sympathize with the OP because it sounds as if they had a lot in common, but based on an unflattering FB photo of her, he wouldn't meet in person. It sucks when you really hit it off with someone in so many of the important ways, but then be "rejected" before you even get to meet.

I know SO and I would have bypassed each other if we were both doing OLD, so I'm grateful we got to meet in person instead of just being shown pictures of each other by our mutual friend and making a decision based on a two-dimensional photo. We're both just regular people, nothing about either of us, in a photo, would make us say "OMG, I HAVE TO MEET HIM/HER", yet meeting in person and getting to know each other became an OMG moment.

You're right. While this may not take the sting away for the OP, he revealed himself to be shallow. If he would have allowed himself a little more depth, he would have found out the OP is looking to drop some of the weight, and they could have made it a date thing... hiking, gym partners, etc. It obviously wouldn't have hurt him to get a little more active.

Honestly, as a person who is extremely unphotogenic, you could randomly select a pic and I would never have been asked on any dates.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-06-2014, 04:45 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,050,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You're right. While this may not take the sting away for the OP, he revealed himself to be shallow. If he would have allowed himself a little more depth, he would have found out the OP is looking to drop some of the weight, and they could have made it a date thing... hiking, gym partners, etc. It obviously wouldn't have hurt him to get a little more active.

Honestly, as a person who is extremely unphotogenic, you could randomly select a pic and I would never have been asked on any dates.
I would also add if he judged her off a picture it was a bit premature. I stand by my earlier comments that you can't force attraction, but that was before I realized he had passed on her without meeting her in person and made his decision based off a FB picture.

I don't think I'm a very photogenic person. Just about every picture of myself I see I ask, "do I really look that bad in real life?" Then I go to the mirror and a lot of times the answer is "no." I'm sure OP can relate.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,992,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm more of a Frazier man myself!
I enjoyed this show also. It was comedic wit.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:39 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,460,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

This, exactly. Especially the un-photogenic part.

I certainly hope to find a partner who also enjoys yoga, long walks, bike rides, etc.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:42 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

I certainly hope to find a partner who also enjoys yoga, long walks, bike rides, etc.

How about candlelit dinners and strolling down the beach?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,992,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How about candlelit dinners and strolling down the beach?
Lol......get her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships