Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 08:30 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The feeling is mutual.
(((Shaking head))) lol

Old 02-11-2014, 10:09 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,452,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
I tend to stay away from people who consider themselves disadvantaged because of their sex, or pawn off their own shortcomings on "unfair societal standards," and/or eagerly jump at the chance to play the victim.

You are doing all three.
So "stay away" from me then. Not really concerned about it.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,498,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I mean, really, what gives?

And yes, everyone is allowed to have their preferences, as has been discussed *ad nauseam* on this forum.

So guys, explain to me rejecting a woman as too heavy - without ever having met her or interacted with her - when, relatively speaking, he is heavier than she is?
I believe that you answered your own question. He prefers women that are slim.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:40 AM

339 posts, read 380,355 times
Quote:
So "stay away" from me then. Not really concerned about it.
And yet, you came on CD-R to whine about your problems, which are totally under your control to change. Even worse, you have pawned off all of the responsibility for your situation on societal expectations, mens' expectations...h*ll you even pawned some of it off on estrogen. Baaaahahahaha.

Obviously, you are concerned.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
Quote:
Way to miss the point. Nevermind. When you are actually in a woman's body you can get back to me.

I am in a woman's body and agree with Timberline.

yes, we DO have to work harder to lose weight. But it is no excuse to NOT do it.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:00 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,820,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
And yet, you came on CD-R to whine about your problems, which are totally under your control to change. Even worse, you have pawned off all of the responsibility for your situation on societal expectations, mens' expectations...h*ll you even pawned some of it off on estrogen. Baaaahahahaha.

Obviously, you are concerned.
The truth hurts like a sometimes but this is absolutely true.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:07 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
MoonBeam, if weight is the reason why you can't find a mate, you might consider losing weight. As simple as that. Almost every giant or deformed woman will envy you for having the opportunity to turn everything around on your own.

I would rather be overweight and have the opportunity to lose weight as being super tall. No diet and nothing I can do to change that fact.

I can't just shrink or cut off my legs.

Your extra pounds eliminate maybe 50% of the dating pool, my height eliminates around 80% of the dating pool. If I would gain weight, I probably would have eliminated 90%.

I don't sympathize with big people's whining. They have the power to lose weight. Just do it or be happy with the way you are and take the consequences.

don't blame it on freakin hormones

Old 02-11-2014, 02:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,034,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am in a woman's body and agree with Timberline.

yes, we DO have to work harder to lose weight. But it is no excuse to NOT do it.
I agree, generally women have to work harder to lose weight than men. But within their own genders there remains a stark amount of variance from on woman to another. Forget age differences, let's take two 25 year old women. Are we really going to believe that they have the same level of abilities? If we could take the same two women, same age, same weight, height, and basic body shape, give them the same food plan and workout routine for the same length of time, and both participants put forth their maximum effort, we still cannot definitively say they would lose the same amount if weight. Maybe they would, or maybe it would be close. But maybe the difference would be noticeable from one woman to another.

My point is not to make excuses for anyone. I beleive anyone can lose weight if that is their choice to pursue such efforts. But I bristle at how dismissive some people are toward overweight people and their "excuses." I prefer to recognize that everyone has different natural abilities and some people may be more predisposed to shed pounds when they decide to lose weight, others' bodies may be more resistant for a number of reasons.

Furthermore I'll add that not every overweight person wants to lose weight to begin with. And if this is her choice and she is happy with it, who is anyone else to judge? Certainly like any choice, the choice to be overweight and make no attempt to change it comes with ramifications. But the women I've dated who have made this choice knew fully well they would render themselves unappealing to some men and accepted it without complaint. These women tended to be very confident in themselves, and as a man, I find a woman who has confidence in herself to be extremely appealing, even if she is overweight.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 PM

31,149 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I agree, generally women have to work harder to lose weight than men. But within their own genders there remains a stark amount of variance from on woman to another. Forget age differences, let's take two 25 year old women. Are we really going to believe that they have the same level of abilities? If we could take the same two women, same age, same weight, height, and basic body shape, give them the same food plan and workout routine for the same length of time, and both participants put forth their maximum effort, we still cannot definitively say they would lose the same amount if weight. Maybe they would, or maybe it would be close. But maybe the difference would be noticeable from one woman to another.

My point is not to make excuses for anyone. I beleive anyone can lose weight if that is their choice to pursue such efforts. But I bristle at how dismissive some people are toward overweight people and their "excuses." I prefer to recognize that everyone has different natural abilities and some people may be more predisposed to shed pounds when they decide to lose weight, others' bodies may be more resistant for a number of reasons.

Furthermore I'll add that not every overweight person wants to lose weight to begin with. And if this is her choice and she is happy with it, who is anyone else to judge? Certainly like any choice, the choice to be overweight and make no attempt to change it comes with ramifications. But the women I've dated who have made this choice knew fully well they would render themselves unappealing to some men and accepted it without complaint. These women tended to be very confident in themselves, and as a man, I find a woman who has confidence in herself to be extremely appealing, even if she is overweight.
Personally, I'm pretty accepting of a women with extra weight unless she is having major health issues because of it.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:09 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,252,932 times
The concept of diet is extremely simple, but difficult and arduous to execute. Most overweight people don't want to under take a total life change in the way they eat and view food. A lot of people live to eat, while they should be eating to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships