Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:17 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times

Advertisements

I know most of the forum is just unproductive fun and bickering, but maybe you name one complaint against the opposite sex where someone might read your post and be like "Ok. I do kinda do that. Maybe I won't anymore."

Obviously, complaining that women don't like short men is an unsolvable complaint. They don't and no amount of complaining will get them to change their mind. Ok.

My problem is that women (some women especially) go out of their way to laud compliments on a guy's character when they have no physical attraction to him. Like telling a guy what an awesome guy they are, and how cool they are, and how smart, and funny. It's pretty obvious there's a damn good chance that guy is going to fall for you when you start throwing crap like that around. So, why do it?

At this point a woman could say all of the above to me, and I'd still expect rejection, but at least for the younger guys who don't know any better, maybe women could tone that down?

Ok. That's mine. On with yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
So your complaint is that you cannot understand what someone says to you? And that becomes a problem with "women"?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So your complaint is that you cannot understand what someone says to you? And that becomes a problem with "women"?
No. I understand what women are saying. "I think you're funny, smart, and a good guy, I'm just not attracted to you."

If 30 guys all said that to you, and were not interested in you, would you be happy about that?

I'm not saying I have a problem with women not being interested, I'm just saying tone back on the compliments. Be aware that you may be leading a guy on.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:33 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I don't have a complaint against men as a gender. I may have complaints regarding individual men's various behavior, but those are specific complaints against individuals and their behavior, regardless of gender.

Also, if someone complimenting you makes "fall for" that person, there might be something else going on. It seems a little needy. Being nice is not leading someone on. Some people just see encouragement to develop crushes where it doesn't exist.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,605 times
Can I make a complaint about BOTH sexes? This way, it's equal opportunity

I think men and women need to be more cognizant about the expectations they have towards each other. Manage your expectations and be honest about what you do and don't have. Life will be much easier that way.

HOW do you manage your expectations? Well it takes some time, but start small. Think about certain things you subconsciously expect from the opposite sex and why it's not realistic. A good way to do this is to remember people change and it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes the change can yield poor results, but it's how you deal with it which determines if you grow from it or are bitter about it.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't have a complaint against men as a gender. I may have complaints regarding individual men's various behavior, but those are specific complaints against individuals and their behavior, regardless of gender.

Also, if someone complimenting you makes "fall for" that person, there might be something else going on. It seems a little needy. Being nice is not leading someone on. Some people just see encouragement to develop crushes where it doesn't exist.
I'm not saying that every woman who calls you smart wants your body.

I'm saying that women who call guys awesome, and funny, and 'the best' and 'the coolest', you don't think that might get a man to fall for you? You think we're robots? You KNOW what I'm talking about. Everybody does.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:40 AM

840 posts, read 1,120,197 times
As far as your problem being solvable, every woman you come into contact with would have to read this forum and agree to stop talking to you.

Solvable problems are issues you have that you can change yourself to get different results.

Just listing complaints you have about women will make this just another bickering post.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I have waaay more complaints about women then I do about men. I have very very few problems with men in general. It's women I cant stand. Which is unfortunate, being one myself.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
I think men and women need to be more cognizant about the expectations they have towards each other. Manage your expectations and be honest about what you do and don't have. Life will be much easier that way.

HOW do you manage your expectations?
Right. Which is what I said. I myself would not expect any level of compliment or flirting to equate to romantic interest. ANY amount.

But if I was younger and dumber, it would have helped if women didn't laud all those flowing compliments on me when they clearly had no attraction.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
My complaint would be when a person complains or blames the opposite sex when it's really their own issues they can't or won't recognize and do something about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships