Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
So you think I'm the only person in this world that has asked a waitress for her phone number?

Where do you live?
As an ex waitress myself, I see it from her side.

I dont know what you do for a living but imagine if a creepy stalky gay guy came in sat down and stared at you every day.

Oh and expected to to fetch him coffee and smile while you did it.

How would you feel?

Would you answer his sms?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 07:57 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,968,897 times
Quote:
Hello:

So I have been going to a restaurant at least once a week for more than a year because I really like the food.

About 6 months ago a new waitress was hired which I found beautiful.

Most of the times she was the one who took my order so lately she already knows what I normally drink and eat which is pretty much the same thing that I really like.

So every time she sees me she just smiles and says "The same?". I know the smile has nothing to do because it's part of their job to have a nice attitude. But my point is that she already knew what I liked to order.

I'm usually a little shy at the beginning so last Friday I told myself "What the heck?" I'm going to ask for her phone number and I really don't care about the outcome.

So when she brings the check I asked her if she was single and she said yes. Then I said "Could I have your phone number?"

At first she kind of hesitated but then she took the receipt and wrote her name and her phone number.

Next Monday (3 days after seeing her) I sent her a simple text message saying "Hello, this is [my name] from the restaurant who goes there every Friday. How are you? Did you enjoy the super bowl?"

And that was it. I did not write something like You are the hottest girl I've ever seen !! Or could I take you out?

I simply wanted to start a conversation.

Long story short she never responded my text message and today I went to the restaurant again (as usually every Friday) and she took my order but she barely looked at me and only said once if I needed anything.

I did not tell her anything like complaining why she did not answer my message, or give me a call, etc.

I simply asked for the check and left.

Has anybody been in similar situations?

I usually tip the waitresses 15%-20% depending on the service. Maybe she was expecting a big tip since she gave me her phone number and when she saw that I only left 20% she thought that I may be a cheapo?

I really don't understand why she gave me her phone number and never answered my text message.

Thanks
Dude...

She gave you a fake number, that's why there was no reply text.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:58 PM

189 posts, read 510,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
As an ex waitress myself, I see it from her side.

I dont know what you do for a living but imagine if a creepy stalky gay guy came in sat down and stared at you every day.

Oh and expected to to fetch him coffee and smile while you did it.

How would you feel?

Would you answer his sms?!
When did I say that I always stared at her every day? I rarely if ever stare at waitresses

Don't make false statements please.

Maybe I should have give her my business card with my phone number? Just a thought.

Would that make her feel more comfortable?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,968,897 times
Quote:
When did I say that I always stared at her every day? I rarely if ever stare at waitresses

Don't make false statements please.

Maybe I should have give her my business card with my phone number? Just a thought.

Would that make her feel more comfortable?

Thanks
At this point it sounds like you've botched any chances with her. She feels awkward and uncomfortable at your presence now that she knows you are "interested" in her. No continued contact would probably be for the best.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Dude...

She gave you a fake number, that's why there was no reply text.
Hahahahah I was kind of expecting this answer. Thanks for being the first one mate !!!

Old 02-07-2014, 08:04 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,517 times
Maybe she's a Bronco Fan, and your question about the Superbowl pissed her off.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
At this point it sounds like you've botched any chances with her. She feels awkward and uncomfortable at your presence now that she knows you are "interested" in her. No continued contact would probably be for the best.
Of course I am interested in her. Why do you think I asked for her phone number?

Old 02-07-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Maybe she's a Bronco Fan, and your question about the Superbowl pissed her off.
To be honest I thought about that after I asked her about the Super Bowl.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:08 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
I know. I'm just curious on why she gave me her phone number.

She could've just said "No, you can't have my phone number because I don't know you". Or "I have a boyfriend", etc.

As simple as that.
You said she hesitated. It means you put her in an awkward position. She didn't want to give you her number (hence the hesitation), but she was afraid it would be rude to refuse you and she didn't want the restaurant to lose a customer. So she figured she'd appear cooperative, and if you did call or text her, she could ignore it.

Moral of the story: don't come on to service personnel.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:09 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ok lock it and make it a sticky for the PUA guys on here.

She's only nice to you because she'll get fired otherwise.

The End.
The PUA guys would contend that the text message he sent was way too boring and does nothing to separate him from the dozens of other chumps orbiting the woman's phone. Giving someone your number is not a contractual obligation to see them or even respond to them. "The game" is far from over at that point.

PS, if you want to know if someone has given you a fake number, call the number right in front of them. Have some sort of interesting talk ready when she picks up in front of you or lets it go to voice mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships