Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:39 PM

746 posts, read 868,894 times

Advertisements

I'm 18 and never had a girlfriend, never dated a girl. College is invertain to happen because parents didn't wqnt to help pay. I will not get to enjoy the 4 full years of college. I will miss out on when you make all your friends and get to meet women.
I've never had many friends and the best friends I had are no longer my friends for various reasons. My best friend of six years started ignoring me the day he entered high school. Another was stuck up and cut off all his current friends. Another wanted to give me a bj and I refused and we haven't really talked since that. Everyone else in my trashy small town that I've lived in literally my whole life is rude and/or fake. I went through a lot of bullying until last year when I transferred schools. I don't know how I can make friends that won't stop talking to me after a couple of days.
I can't be a jerk to get a girl cause I would feel too guilty even if she liked it. I would feel like a TERRIBLE person. Do women really like jerks? I know some women like guys who actually treat them with respect. If I can't go to college how will I meet my future wife? Or get a actual girlfriend at all, not just a waste of time hookup. I read people who get degrees are more likely to have successful marriages and are less likely to end in divorce. Also I've been hearing in 2020 that if you don't have a college degree you won't be able to make more minimum wage anywhere!
I've had major depression episodes one lasting most of last summer and actually got to the point of wanting to kill myself. I've seriously considered suicide twice.
I also can't drive right yet! I had a episode and pushed the pedal to the max and slammed the break after a few seconds and it was terrifying. But before that I drove with great confidence and it felt like a natural instinct. But my one of my stupid mental problems had to ruin it for me. And it is near impossible to live without driving in Texas especially where I live and areas close to me.
This may not go here but I don't know wgere it really fits. So if a moderator doesn't want it where I put it please move it to where you think it goes, but please don't delete it!

Last edited by MynameisnotPeter; 02-13-2014 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM

102,300 posts, read 108,407,525 times
Paragraphs, please!

Get a job and go to community college.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:46 PM

I actually wanted to put this somewhere else after changing the title but forgot and now I can't.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Paragraphs, please!

Get a job and go to community college.
I still have a problem. How do get friends and a girlfriend. Everyone goes to cc and straight home you know. Plus I've already explained how it is in my town. When I transfer I to a university how do I get friends and a girlfriend?! I will not go to a bar even when I'm 21. Family members scared me away from alcohol, I'm scared of becoming an alcoholic too. Plus for getting a woman, in bars they're just drunk women who want to get laid that night and that's all. If I ever decide I want to have sex with a woman abs never see her again then a bar would be the answer, and I still might not drink then. I'd rather go to a dating site than a bar which I'm already fine with, those are specifically for dating purposes so you don't have to worry about wasting time talking to someone who's taken or married, or someone who doesn't want to date.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:20 PM

367 posts, read 699,342 times
You are worrying to much. Just go with the flow .....If your that unhappy where you are then move. Don't waste time in a place your not happy. There is a whole big world out there. You will meet a girl eventually things take time. Focus on you and enjoy life.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,892,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I still have a problem.
Yes, you do honey.

Therapy is your best choice at this time.

Please quit thinking about girls and concentrate on dealing with your issues. You aren't likely to attract one until you do anyway, so make working on yourself your priority okay?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,803,080 times
You seem to be under the impression that there is an instruction manual for such things.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmc66 View Post
You are worrying to much. Just go with the flow .....If your that unhappy where you are then move. Don't waste time in a place your not happy. There is a whole big world out there. You will meet a girl eventually things take time. Focus on you and enjoy life.
I do plan on moving. But if I don't drive I have to limit places that I can move to.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You seem to be under the impression that there is an instruction manual for such things.
It really does seem that way.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I'm 18 and never had a girlfriend, never dated a girl. College is invertain to happen because parents didn't wqnt to help pay. I will not get to enjoy the 4 full years of college. I will miss out on when you make all your friends and get to meet women.
I've never had many friends and the best friends I had are no longer my friends for various reasons. My best friend of six years started ignoring me the day he entered high school. Another was stuck up and cut off all his current friends. Another wanted to give me a bj and I refused and we haven't really talked since that. Everyone else in my trashy small town that I've lived in literally my whole life is rude and/or fake. I went through a lot of bullying until last year when I transferred schools. I don't know how I can make friends that won't stop talking to me after a couple of days.
I can't be a jerk to get a girl cause I would feel too guilty even if she liked it. I would feel like a TERRIBLE person. Do women really like jerks? I know some women like guys who actually treat them with respect. If I can't go to college how will I meet my future wife? Or get a actual girlfriend at all, not just a waste of time hookup. I read people who get degrees are more likely to have successful marriages and are less likely to end in divorce. Also I've been hearing in 2020 that if you don't have a college degree you won't be able to make more minimum wage anywhere!
I've had major depression episodes one lasting most of last summer and actually got to the point of wanting to kill myself. I've seriously considered suicide twice.
I also can't drive right yet! I had a episode and pushed the pedal to the max and slammed the break after a few seconds and it was terrifying. But before that I drove with great confidence and it felt like a natural instinct. But my one of my stupid mental problems had to ruin it for me. And it is near impossible to live without driving in Texas especially where I live and areas close to me.
This may not go here but I don't know wgere it really fits. So if a moderator doesn't want it where I put it please move it to where you think it goes, but please don't delete it!

Who needs college?

Take the best advice, get skills, get a trade and finish up school when you've got things to work with. Thank me in 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships