Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Now your faulty moral compass makes sense when you reference your friends.

If you people want to go around screwing others why even bother getting married then?

Ha, my moral compass is fine, thank you. It just doesn't include being uptight and judgmental.

They got married because they love each other, want to spend their lives together in a partnership, and proclaim it to the world. Same reason most people get married (hopefully).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 08:08 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,074,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Your question alone - If you don't want sex, will you allow your SO to have sex with someone else? - my answer would be I won't even be in a relationship. I would rather find a mountain/boondocks I can live like a hermit on.

My quoted post where you explain the scenario. My choice is I would go or let them go. I am strictly monogamous and I can't live with someone who I know sleeps with other people. Yuck.
See now, this I respect. You know what you can live with and what you can't live with. And if you can't or don't want sex for any reason, you're not going to be selfish and expect them to be abstinent with you. You'd let them go. Much more respectable. Thank you for showing me there are a few who aren't so selfish. ESPECIALLY because you said YOU'D let them go....not, "they can leave if they want". This would be my alternative too if I couldn't see them having sex with anyone but me.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:34 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,206,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If my SO can't or wont give me sex, then that relationship will cease to exist. Intercourse is important to me.
Bingo

Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times
So a lot of people here would abandon their spouse if they became a quadriplegic because they weren't capable of getting laid anymore by them.

Ok.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:39 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,074,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So a lot of people here would abandon their spouse if they became a quadriplegic because they weren't capable of getting laid anymore by them.

Ok.
I don't think that's what a lot of people are saying. But the question is, if you're the quadriplegic, would you allow your SO to have sex with someone else?

If my SO became a quadriplegic, I'd hope he'd understand that I'd have to look outside our relationship for sex. And I'd hope he'd allow it. If he didn't, I'd have to seriously reconsider the relationship and how long I'd stay for, etc. Sex is important to me. Just as important as touching and cuddling. Just as important as having the same values. It may not be to you, but for many people, it is important and well, you have to ask yourself what you're willing to sacrifice. We all make sacrifices for the ones we love....but how much is too much?

Old 02-14-2014, 08:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Ok.
I can't imagine ever leaving my husband - maybe unless he was brain dead. But neither him nor I want to be kept alive if we are brain dead. He's my everything and I'd rather have a sexual relationship with my toys than leave him or be with someone else if he became a quadriplegic. But that's just me and I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:16 PM

39,253 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I can't imagine ever leaving my husband - maybe unless he was brain dead. But neither him nor I want to be kept alive if we are brain dead. He's my everything and I'd rather have a sexual relationship with my toys than leave him or be with someone else if he became a quadriplegic. But that's just me and I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do.

I agree with this.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:54 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
You do realize though, if you "allowed" it, it's really not infidelity, right?

How can it be "monogamous" if they're not having sex with each other? Would it be moNOgamous SEX? hehe. Besides, if the other partner is having sex, but with one other person (and not you), that's still monogamy.

I respect your opinion, I'm just looking at it from a different POV.
It is infidelity whether it's allowed or not if the relationship is established as monogamous. Just because some allow cheating in their marriages doesn't change that it's adultery.

It can be monogamous if one is not having sex with the other as monogamous is about the relationship not sex as it's defined as a form of relationship in which an individual has only one partner during their lifetime or at any one time. It's not monogamy if the other person is having sex but with another person as monogamy is about fidelity as in one partner.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Wow, hate men much??
Do tell where did you get that I hate guys so much from me not allowing the guy to have sex with someone else rather encouraging him to end the relationship?

Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,444,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Do tell where did you get that I hate guys so much from me not allowing the guy to have sex with someone else rather encouraging him to end the relationship?

I think you're just a little too frank for some of the male posters on here. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships