Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,300,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But are they talking about relationships or one night? And just so you know - I have no agenda. That phrase just struck me as problematic. If you are looking just to get laid and she wants something more - she's going to be unhappy with you. If it's a relationship - it seems a bit farfetched to have a nice break up as the end goal. Perhaps what they are really after is being respectful? But if that's the case and the original point of PUA was to be respectful to women - doesn't it seem like it hasn't succeeded? At least not in most people's view of PUA.
Funny you should say this. Very seldom have I met women that just wanted to get laid. They would sleep with me that night, but the next morning it was always a "I'll text you later" or they would send me a text the next day to continue communication. It was never a I wanted your penis, and you wanted my vagina, so we are to go our separate ways. That's prostitution (minus the money) and I don't know of any woman that just wants that.

Last edited by weezerfan84; 02-14-2014 at 12:59 PM..

Old 02-14-2014, 12:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,240,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I dont do PUA mainly because I think for any relationship worth having to start, honesty is required. PUA encourages endless BS. Not my thing.

Thread should have ended right there. "Endless BS" nails it.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,485,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I think some of you assume most PUA guys actually paid to take classes. 90% of them read that shyt in a book that you can get at your local library.
What do you think those books are? They are introductory examples made to get the authors followers...these people don't write books just to "help a brother out yo" the majority are "motivational coaches" who are using this as a means to make a living. It's a business.

The PUA is no different than the life community. Hit people where it matters to them to create an intimate and personal affair then suck them in to the business and slowly milk them.

Last edited by rego00123; 02-14-2014 at 01:05 PM..

Old 02-14-2014, 01:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,238,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
What do you think those books are? They are introductory examples made to get the authors followers...these people don't write books just to "help a brother out yo" the majority are "motivational coaches" who are using this as a means to make a living. It's a business.

The PUA is no different than the life community. Hit people where it matters to them to create an intimate and personal affair then suck them in to the business and slowly milk them.
Not only that but people don't write books for free. You might be able to check them out at your public library but people write books to SELL books.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:22 PM

48,635 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
the pua's would explain it by saying that women are "more hypergamous than men"

i'm sure there's a scientific / pseudoscientific word to describe the male sexual imperative as well.. but it is more or less 'promiscuous'

tbqh, this is the sort of stuff a person ought to know before they criticized PUA's, as it is kind of a boring argument in my opinion.
I know the theories. It's just fun to see if you actually "hear" yourself when writing this stuff.

I have always found so much more success in dealing with individuals and not apply "theories."

Theories cut corners when you should take time to learn about a person.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 PM

128 posts, read 147,741 times
I'd also say that PUA was probably invented by some undergrad uni students in the late 90s, and for them it seemed to work. But then they didn't figure out that every woman is different and responds to different things lol Modern dating culture is stupid, and I get the impression that many are seeing through. I'm not saying go back to the 1950s values, but then we overcomplicate a lot of things now. to me dating is simply about looks, character and if two people match. I've read PUA and seen some of the vids on Youtube but now think it's just pseudo-psychology promoted by sociopathic men, so now I don't care what they do or say lol..

Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,807,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I know the theories. It's just fun to see if you actually "hear" yourself when writing this stuff.

I have always found so much more success in dealing with individuals and not apply "theories."

Theories cut corners when you should take time to learn about a person.
yeah i mean when i see the doctor , we don't discuss the pharmacology of the drugs , or the neurochemical pathways in which they operate.

yet that is all germane to my visit, despite it having no place in actual conversation.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:59 PM

48,635 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yeah i mean when i see the doctor , we don't discuss the pharmacology of the drugs , or the neurochemical pathways in which they operate.

yet that is all germane to my visit, despite it having no place in actual conversation.
Go tell your doctor that you have likened the theories of PUA to his medical degree and many years of hard work and get back to us.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-14-2014, 02:02 PM

943 posts, read 1,006,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Like I said, not me. But I still trash PUA. Because that's where it belongs - garbage and anyone who use it, honestly. That's why I was a 40 yr old virgin. I am too smart for this stupid PUAs. I thank myself for having the common sense and the intelligence not to be bothered by douchebag chauvinists. because honestly I ain't got time for that.

At 38, I declared myself ready to mingle, was a hot commodity in dating sites, became a serial dater, was a virgin still til I met my husband.

Honestly it depends on the person if they want to be fooled. I refuse to be fooled. So I never got burned. BOOM!

Wow its the antidote to stupidity!
This person has character- knows themselves, and won't ever be hurt or fooled by DB pua artists...you guys just run along and play, have fun with your "weakminded" similarities in beleif that all women are 'the same', and that using tactics that appeal to a desire to be loved and cared for, all the while just playing a game...hey, there ARE women out there who are wanting and craving to hear that.
There are also women out there who can take care of themselves, and are perfectly happy waiting until a man with strength of character, and some kind of moral center may or may not come into their lives.
I would rather be one of the latter, rather than suspecting even for a minute that I am being treated like just another fish on the line for a pua.
You have MY support meaning. Totally.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,807,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Go tell your doctor that you have likened the theories of PUA to his medical degree and many years of hard work and get back to us.
my doctor is a she

but since you bring it up .. my brother, who is a doctor, seems to intuitively understand PUA when i've explained it to him. his attitude towards it is along the lines of: "it sounds like male common sense." His wife -- also a doctor -- doesn't understand it as well. (and she's a psychiatrist). Her understanding of "the male perspective" seems to be pretty limited, despite being extremely intelligent.

Last edited by le roi; 02-14-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships