Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,241,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
it is male common sense. Just that some men are deprived of it in their childhood via various BS that is forced upon them. Men shouldn't have to go out of their way to learn how to be men. That's what you get for demonizing masculinity, which is oh so popular in certain circles.
You seem to be awfully obsessed with who is masculine and who is not. I'm guessing an unhappy adolescence is to blame.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:31 PM

13,681 posts, read 9,768,823 times
I agree with the OP, but we should keep in mind that our whole society is suffused with the ideas of sales and advertising, of reeling-in customers with gimmicks and contortions of the truth, of treating all interactions as potential business transactions. It’s only natural that intimate relationships would be approached with the language of management-consulting and business “best practices”. PUA is just a sophomoric profanation of MBA-type “training”, where businesses are taught to be lean, customer-focused and the like. PUA appeals to young men because they hear the same jargon in all-hands motivational meetings held by the corporate CEO. If it works for the big-boss, if it made the company successful, then why not apply it one’s personal life? Well, because not everything in life can be reduced to a material transaction.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,216,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Men test women, too. They like to see how far they can get either sexually or with being disrespectful or obnoxious before a woman puts them in their place. If a woman lets them go too far, she's either a zlut or a pushover. Women often see having to smack them down as being bitchy, but it's really just setting boundaries. This may sound sexist, but it's a lot like dealing with a two-year-old.

Limit setting is a necessary part of relationship to be sure. But I can honestly say I have never had a man that was worth a damn "see how far they can get sexually" or the other behavior you describe.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,331,571 times
Quote:
PUA is about getting a girl to sleep with you. It does not teach you much if anything about relationships. Just so you know, most guys care about getting laid...not the relationship stuff.
I was unaware that they'd all appointed you their spokesman.

Congratulations!

Old 02-14-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
my doctor is a she

but since you bring it up .. my brother, who is a doctor, seems to intuitively understand PUA when i've explained it to him. his attitude towards it is along the lines of: "it sounds like male common sense." His wife -- also a doctor -- doesn't understand it as well. (and she's a psychiatrist). Her understanding of "the male perspective" seems to be pretty limited, despite being extremely intelligent.

Soo... males who need these thousands of dollars in courses simply lack "male common sense?"

Your brother's words, not mine.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:55 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,617,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You seem to be awfully obsessed with who is masculine and who is not. I'm guessing an unhappy adolescence is to blame.
Oh, give me a break. Im guessing you haven't been laid in awhile, so maybe today is your chance. Maybe you don't even have to beg for it, for a change.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:57 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,617,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I was unaware that they'd all appointed you their spokesman.

Congratulations!
Thank you very much. Im just willing to say, what all the other men in your life aren't. Poor feminine souls

Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,782,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Soo... males who need these thousands of dollars in courses simply lack "male common sense?"

Your brother's words, not mine.
i was going to respond to your question

but i see you've already jumped to your own conclusion

Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much. Im just willing to say, what all the other men in your life aren't. Oh, this world is of so many prissy feminine dudes.

I dunno. My husband is pretty damned manly. He fixes cars and chops wood and builds things. He can even grow a full beard.

I dunno too many feminine dudes. I mean, I know some gay guys who are effeminate... and maybe a few straights, but not many. Even most of my gay male friends are pretty butch, come to think of it.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:59 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Thank you very much. Im just willing to say, what all the other men in your life aren't. Oh, this world is of so many prissy feminine dudes.
Are you projecting? I'm guessing you're the one dealing with prissy feminine issues. Have you confronted your inner gay man yet?

Guess what buddy boy, you speak for no man other than yourself. So all this mangina, feminine yada yada crap you're spouting is all about you. You're obsessed with your lack of masculinity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships