Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,548,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Law and web design pretty over saturated gigs. I know what it's like to be a failure though. I'm in my mid 30s and never made over 9 bucks an hr. At least I didn't go into massive debt chasing unrealistic dreams.

I'm not really looking to build websites for other people, but I have a concept and I have unique content compiled personally and I have an East Coast partner who also has content. It will be a welcome resource for dealers and collectors in out niche. What we have is >10 times greater and better than anything currently online. We also have tons of product to sell on this website and we are tired of having 15% taken off the top to sell on eBay.

At least I had the good sense to not borrow up to my eyeballs to go to law school; I saw others graduating with tons of debt and no law jobs in sight - and decided to quit while I was behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 02:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,691,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
You mean someone who can't do better...
Ah, one of my favorite catch-22s of dating.

If you want equality, you obviously can't get anyone 'decent' therefore you're undesirable.
If you want a guy to spend money on you, you're a golddigger.

You really can't win.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:11 PM

2,721 posts, read 5,371,849 times
It depends on your definition of being broke.

There's a huge difference between a person who works and eeks by every month and someone who lives in mommy's basement earning just enough to keep themselves in Doritos and the latest Xbox game.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,289,274 times
With that BIG DI--

well that helps... but it took me a little longer to learn this than it should have but, really, women find a personality more attractive than a body. Too many times, with -my own eyes- I seen dudes that look like the werewolf actor from TrueBlood get turned down in favor of someone with a skinny yet flabby body because that 2nd person says or does things that make a woman (ok, y'all ready for this next word?)

-Happy-

Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM

102,315 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
With that BIG DI--

well that helps... but it took me a little longer to learn this than it should have but, really, women find a personality more attractive than a body. Too many times, with -my own eyes- I seen dudes that look like the werewolf actor from TrueBlood get turned down in favor of someone with a skinny yet flabby body because that 2nd person says or does things that make a woman (ok, y'all ready for this next word?)

-Happy-
That's it! Why is this so hard for some guys to understand? Congratulations, Rage, on your breakthrough in understanding the fairer sex!

+1

Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,802,525 times
We were both pretty broke. He was unemployed when we started dating, although he found one after a few weeks. I was a student and worked a couple part-time jobs. I think a big benefit of youth is not caring so much about money.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:30 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We were both pretty broke. He was unemployed when we started dating, although he found one after a few weeks. I was a student and worked a couple part-time jobs. I think a big benefit of youth is not caring so much about money.
There is something nice of that time of life.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:22 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,548,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
With that BIG DI--

-Happy-

Women are diverse, Your Mileage May Vary. Some are attracted to a hot body, some are attracted to a magnetic personality, some are attracted to money/status/power in various combinations.

If there were a way to quickly know precisely what a particular woman finds attractive, you could focus on women who are attracted to your specific strengths.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:31 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,434,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Probably the main reason why I have never been in a relationship is due to the fact that I'm always broke. How do other people who have little or no money go out and date and even get married?
I'm broke, and I find other ways to work around my situation- keeping things simple, not going for over-the-top elaborate..

Enjoy each others company- doesn't take much dinero just to hang out and have FUN!

Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,665,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Probably the main reason why I have never been in a relationship is due to the fact that I'm always broke. How do other people who have little or no money go out and date and even get married?
I know several broke men who are in relationships, so it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships