Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 11:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,327,022 times

Advertisements

In this situation, it's not a lack of money. It's a lack of imagination. If you insist on the route of dinner/drinks/concert/movies, etc., you're going to run through money in a hurry. There are plenty of fun and interesting things to do that don't empty your wallet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,167,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A lot of fun dates don't even require any money at all. For example, beach volleyball, surfing (of course you have to have a decent surf board), swimming (isn't that great that both show a lot of skin, and the dates don't even require any money at all?)

Different stroke for different folks.

So says the person in a warm climate coastal state.

Skiing is pricey.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 AM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So says the person in a warm climate coastal state.

Skiing is pricey.
Then you can replace that with walking in the park, snow fight stuff like that.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,566,683 times
Quote:
I suppose somebody with a degree are not going to be burger flipper for a long time.

I think the reality is that some of us if not most of us have gotten into relationships with people with little or no money. Doesn't mean the dates cannot be fun. Some fun dates require no money.

One guy I dated always took me to the family restaurant his family owned. It was a fancy restaurant, but who wanted to have a date in a family restaurant?

I can enjoy a date by just walking with somebody (if this is somebody I enjoy being with).

??? Dunno if the claim is valid, but I have read that 800,000 Americans have a degree and poverty-level income - and surely not all of them are fresh out of school. Many more have slightly higher incomes in the neighborhood of $10 per hour.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Then you can replace that with walking in the park, snow fight stuff like that.

Yawn.

I'm not saying it has to be pricey. It doesn't. But you need some money. It's always the ladies that are saying dating doesn't have to cost anything. It does. Even if we go for a hike there are going to be some pints afterwards. Or a free concert in the park or a free day at an art museum, there is going to be some food/coffee/drinks associated with it, or a cab ride from time to time. It doesn't have to be much, but it costs something.

You can get away with a date, or two maybe, without spending more than $20, but you can't "date" without money as an adult. You can a bit in your 20s.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? Dunno if the claim is valid, but I have read that 800,000 Americans have a degree and poverty-level income - and surely not all of them are fresh out of school. Many more have slightly higher incomes in the neighborhood of $10 per hour.
But poor people get into relationships too though, no?

I certainly dated blue collar worker, and I loved him, that is all it matters.

We have a lot of fun dates together don't really require any money at all. I agree with CPG, it is not about lack of money, it is more about lack of imagination.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:54 AM

3,181 posts, read 5,171,719 times
Walk around town taking in all the different stimuli a downtown or distinct neighborhood has to offer.
Walk on the beach
Go to the lake
Stay in the bedroom all day (best one for me) (can't go wrong, he he)
Go to the park
Go hiking, swimming, outdoor activities, etc
Bonfires/ campouts,

What did people do when they were in college/ highschool? No money then. The more expensive things to do can seem like the more boring sometimes. IDKW!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yawn.

I'm not saying it has to be pricey. It doesn't. But you need some money. It's always the ladies that are saying dating doesn't have to cost anything. It does. Even if we go for a hike there are going to be some pints afterwards. Or a free concert in the park or a free day at an art museum, there is going to be some food/coffee/drinks associated with it, or a cab ride from time to time. It doesn't have to be much, but it costs something.
well yeah, duh, it requires some money, but op is about "how do people with little or no money get into relationship." They just have to use their imagination.

How do you think poor college students get into relationships? They got into relationships all the time.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Walk around town taking in all the different stimuli a downtown or distinct neighborhood has to offer.
Walk on the beach
Go to the lake
Stay in the bedroom all day (best one for me) (can't go wrong, he he)
Go to the park
Go hiking, swimming, outdoor activities, etc
Bonfires/ campouts,

What did people do when they were in college/ highschool? No money then. The more expensive things to do can seem like the more boring sometimes. IDKW!
Exactly!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
How do you think poor college students get into relationships? They got into relationships all the time.

Not sure poor college kids do. Never met many poor college kids at my schools, and they were state schools. Regular college kids get loaded/high and F.

Same way most of the poor seem to. They drink together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships