Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 01:12 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You want to make god laugh, tell him your plans. The first thing to learn in life is things come, (like meeting someone) when you least expect it and timing can't matter. Suppose the girl of your dream asked you out when you were broke? If you said no, because of your own issues, you might have missed out on an opportunity to get with your future wife perhaps. It's hard to meet someone who you can fall in love with. That's why it doesn't happen everyday, and for some for many, many years. Because it doesn't happen every day and you can't exactly put it on a schedule you have to keep your options open regardless of wherever else you are in life. You can't say for instance, after I get a job, an apartment, graduate school, etc then I will find the one. The one comes when you least expect it. Not always necessarily when you are ready for it. Unfortunately, that's life.

Sorry, I'm not superstitious.

And I doubt strongly I will miss out on a "future wife", and there is no such thing as "the one". That is overly romantic crud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 01:12 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok. You like cooking. I don't. I have no interest in cooking or even eating (other than neccesity). Cooking is intimate? Gah.

And get off the fruity crap. Can I be in a room and not say anything? Sure, am I going to do that when I'm dating someone? No. That is stuff you do when you're living together or have been together. I don't want to be freaking soothed, I want to do things. The point of dating is to do things together. Climb mountains. Kayak. Bike. Run. Travel. Not sit around and watch a screen.

Maybe you like sitting around, cooking, eating, probably drinking wine or other such stuff. I have no desire to do that crud. Anyone that wants to sit around like that is someone I'm not interested in dating.

No need to think you know someone else and pigeon them into a category. If you don't like cooking-that's life! I'm not in love with it myself. So, in your case we'll all assume from here on out, you have to have an adventure every time. Staying in is a no no? Good luck with finding a woman that wants to live like Indiana Jones every day. But hey, to each his own. You have to understand not everybody shares your passions and view points. It is ok to expand them sometimes when they become too rigid. You have a lot of knocks for finding a date. If you think a woman is going to want to do that sh t all the time-good luck!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
No need to think you know someone else and pigeon them into a category. If you don't like cooking-that's life! I'm not in love with it myself. So, in your case we'll all assume from here on out, you have to have an adventure every time. Staying in is a no no? Good luck with finding a woman that wants to live like Indiana Jones every day. But hey, to each his own. You have to understand not everybody shares your passions and view points. It is ok to expand them sometimes when they become too rigid. You have a lot of knocks for finding a date. If you think a woman is going to want to do that sh t all the time-good luck!

If she wants to stay in and watch movies and cook, she can do that with another guy she is dating.

I want to live life. Not watch it pass by sitting on a couch. There is nothing rigid about not wanting to sit around. If they want to do that, fine. That is their business. I don't go to movies. Why? It drives me nuts. If they want someone to go to movies with, date someone else when you want to go to a movie. Simple. Very simple.

And if they don't share in some of my passions, and I don't share some of theirs, then we aren't a match.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not superstitious.

And I doubt strongly I will miss out on a "future wife", and there is no such thing as "the one". That is overly romantic crud.

Meeting a future wife is "overly romantic crud?" Ok then. I see where your mindset is. If you are so content then, why are you in the relationship forum telling everyone how unattainable you are because of your "outdoorsy nature"?

Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
If she wants to stay in and watch movies and cook, she can do that with another guy she is dating.

I want to live life. Not watch it pass by sitting on a couch. There is nothing rigid about not wanting to sit around. If they want to do that, fine. That is their business. I don't go to movies. Why? It drives me nuts. If they want someone to go to movies with, date someone else when you want to go to a movie. Simple. Very simple.

And if they don't share in some of my passions, and I don't share some of theirs, then we aren't a match.

Ok (growls with paws)

Old 04-16-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Meeting a future wife is "overly romantic crud?" Ok then. I see where your mindset is. If you are so content then, why are you in the relationship forum telling everyone how unattainable you are because of your "outdoorsy nature"?

Not everyone that dates or has relationships is looking for "the one" (which doesn't exist, there are many many people out there for each person) or to get married. Most of my friends, male and female, have zero desire to do that (or to procreate, though most of us are old for that now).

Who said I'm unattainable? I never said, nor implied, that.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Not everyone that dates or has relationships is looking for "the one" (which doesn't exist, there are many many people out there for each person) or to get married. Most of my friends, male and female, have zero desire to do that (or to procreate, though most of us are old for that now).

Who said I'm unattainable? I never said, nor implied, that.
Ok guy, certainly not looking to argue. I just think that you are taking it all too seriously. Possibly I'm wrong. I am a lot. I got to go. Have to be at some boring family function in like ten minutes. Was supposed to be two days ago.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM

432 posts, read 492,607 times
Quote:
It's not about the desire for upward mobility. It's the fear of downward mobility.

A bad relationship, especially a marriage, can tear you down a few rungs. That's scary, especially when you're older and have less time to potentially rebound.
Your personal fears have nothing to do with how the world works. You're solipsistic.Try getting out of your office-to-gym-to-middle-class-dwelling routine and hit up a townie bar or two. Observe the many with marginal financial securities engaged in romantic relationships. Frankly, many don't find long-term loneliness all that rewarding.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Your personal fears have nothing to do with how the world works. You're solipsistic.Try getting out of your office-to-gym-to-middle-class-dwelling routine and hit up a townie bar or two. Observe the many with marginal financial securities engaged in romantic relationships. Frankly, many don't find long-term loneliness all that rewarding.

Who said anything about being lonely? I've never recalled feeling lonely whether I'm in a relationship or out of one.

And dive bars are my preference, when I choose to go out. The couples I see aren't something to want to emulate. They're generally very out of shape. Drink a lot. Play keno and scratch tickets a great deal, throwing away their limited resources. Not a good scene. I go because of the food and sports.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:42 PM

432 posts, read 492,607 times
Quote:
Who said anything about being lonely? I've never recalled feeling lonely whether I'm in a relationship or out of one.

And dive bars are my preference, when I choose to go out. The couples I see aren't something to want to emulate. They're generally very out of shape. Drink a lot. Play keno and scratch tickets a great deal, throwing away their limited resources. Not a good scene. I go because of the food and sports.
I said MANY, not YOU. The thread is about people, not timberline742. Seriously, check your narcissism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships