Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:36 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Nope, I like my men seasoned with experience. If you can't get laid by the time you're 30 then there's something wrong with you.
I'll knock that down to 25.

Harsh, but it's the truth. Plenty of sex to be had these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
This is pretty much the world in a nutshell. If you're behind the pack, people are either calling you a loser or laughing at you. Granted, not everybody is going to be as blunt as Djuna, but 95% of women share her view if they wouldn't put it so candidly.

I'm not a lady. But, YES I'd date a FORTY year old virgin if she were a woman. Nobody can ever tell what circumstances made you a virgin, and even if they were for a lack of social skill, that doesn't take away from the fact that person might be a great, loyal, trustworthy person.

I don't know where you are getting the 95% of women who share her view.
Every woman I know preferred little to no sexual experience when they first met.
Less chance he is staying with someone long enough to have sex with them then tossing them aside to find the next "conquest", less chance of std's or long term illness from whatever sexually transferred disease, less chance he is already set in the ways of his own satisfaction and is more willing to explore satisfaction for both of them.

I'm definitely not part of that 95% who share her view and never have been.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,375 times
Here's the bigger piece of advice: Don't tell her you're a virgin. If you feel you'd be judged negatively for it (and some people would) then you don't need to consider it any of her business. If you feel absolutely compelled to mention it, only do it like RIGHT as it's happening.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:45 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I don't know where you are getting the 95% of women who share her view.
Every woman I know preferred little to no sexual experience when they first met.
Less chance he is staying with someone long enough to have sex with them then tossing them aside to find the next "conquest", less chance of std's or long term illness from whatever sexually transferred disease, less chance he is already set in the ways of his own satisfaction and is more willing to explore satisfaction for both of them.

I'm definitely not part of that 95% who share her view and never have been.
It's not so much the 95% of people who wouldn't date a 30 year old virgin, it's the 95% of women who wouldn't date a man who has the characteristics that put him in that situation. The combination of deficiency of looks, social charisma, and career.

But really, normal guys.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,720 times
You ladies may as well he is most likely disease free

His shriveled up unused penis needs love too

The atitude your taking is the reason why he'll probably go another 10 yrs. without any cooch

He evidently missed the course on woman and their backwards logic... Which is why he is where he is

Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 AM

408 posts, read 722,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Here's the bigger piece of advice: Don't tell her you're a virgin. If you feel you'd be judged negatively for it (and some people would) then you don't need to consider it any of her business. If you feel absolutely compelled to mention it, only do it like RIGHT as it's happening.
I think your advice is probably the best advice on the forum. Don't tell a girl you're a virgin. Just do it and I guess improvise as you're doing it.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:05 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Say he's a virgin not for religious reasons but just because he hasn't had much luck with women. Would you still date him?
Being a virgin for religious reasons is quite stigmatized these days, so I wouldn't take too seriously his reasoning for being a virgin.

Don't judge a man by the number of women he has been with, judge him by the content of his character.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,073 times
If you're not going to tell a woman you're a virgin, at least don't brag about having slept with a bunch and think you're impressing her like that.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:25 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
If you're not going to tell a woman you're a virgin, at least don't brag about having slept with a bunch and think you're impressing her like that.
I'd think this would apply regardless of whether or not he's a virgin.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 18,061 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships