Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 08:10 AM

408 posts, read 722,460 times

Advertisements

Say he's a virgin not for religious reasons but just because he hasn't had much luck with women. Would you still date him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Nope, I like my men seasoned with experience. If you can't get laid by the time you're 30 then there's something wrong with you.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:28 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,539,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djuna View Post
nope, i like my men seasoned with experience. If you can't get laid by the time you're 30 then there's something wrong with you.

hahahaha!!!!!

Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,941 times
His virginity wouldn't be an issue (nothing more tedious then men who had wild past) but if he's actually ok with himself overall. If he just hasn't found the right person, which is why he hasn't gotten lucky and we're dating ok no problem. I've only been with 1 man in my life and sometimes I feel like a virgin too. 1 vs 0, I don't think that's too much of a difference.

I guess by logic, the inexperienced or sexually reserved people do want someone with a very low history too while a very experienced woman would want her counterpart. The less the better.

So yes to that question.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:34 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Nope, I like my men seasoned with experience. If you can't get laid by the time you're 30 then there's something wrong with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
hahahaha!!!!!
This is pretty much the world in a nutshell. If you're behind the pack, people are either calling you a loser or laughing at you. Granted, not everybody is going to be as blunt as Djuna, but 95% of women share her view if they wouldn't put it so candidly.

I'm not a lady. But, YES I'd date a FORTY year old virgin if she were a woman. Nobody can ever tell what circumstances made you a virgin, and even if they were for a lack of social skill, that doesn't take away from the fact that person might be a great, loyal, trustworthy person.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Say he's a virgin not for religious reasons but just because he hasn't had much luck with women. Would you still date him?

If you would turn off the neon sign that says "I'm a Virgin and I'm 30", no one else would know that you are a virgin.

Everyone was a virgin at one time and to me it is not the stigma that is proposed here on this forum.
Having a partner who is experienced sexually is fine but sometimes it is fun to learn, explore and experience things for the first time together.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:39 AM

I wonder if this were 2 separate polls, one for men and one for women, what the results would be.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:40 AM

339 posts, read 379,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
This is pretty much the world in a nutshell. If you're behind the pack, people are either calling you a loser or laughing at you. Granted, not everybody is going to be as blunt as Djuna, but 95% of women share her view if they wouldn't put it so candidly.

I'm not a lady. But, YES I'd date a FORTY year old virgin if she were a woman. Nobody can ever tell what circumstances made you a virgin, and even if they were for a lack of social skill, that doesn't take away from the fact that person might be a great, loyal, trustworthy person.

Very true. Women evaluate a man's desirability , in part, by how he has been received by other women. If that man has never had a woman be sexually receptive to him, it tells the woman that other women don't find him desirable, and it will be an automatic turnoff for most women.

Djuna basically said as much in her reply.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Very true. Women evaluate a man's desirability , in part, by how he has been received by other women. If that man has never had a woman be sexually receptive to him, it tells the woman that other women don't find him desirable, and it will be an automatic turnoff for most women.
Or it says he is a man of true character that has waited for the right woman- which can be a huge turn on.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
But not every one of us wants a man with an extensive sexual past that's been on who knows where. Nothing more annoying than a man talking about specific things he's done with his exes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships