Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Ah, here we go again, nobody here knows anyone, or has cheated themselves. Nope, not on CD. When three major studies done over the past twenty years concluded that 80% of men and 50% of women cheat within the first ten years of marriage. Women are far better at the craft then men, sneakier, better at covering it up, etc. People cheat for a variety of reasons and often the least likely person that you believe would cheat does. In general, studies have shown that most (not all men) cheat for the pure gratification of sex and women do so cause their relationships lack an emotional bond.
People change.

Then vs now
Did vs don't

You get the picture...

That's the thing about pulling studies off the internet as anecdotal evidence, no one study will and can never cover all groups, situations, ages etc etc etc (I'll save myself some typing)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Everyone lies, and most people cheat. So, when I married my husband, we decided to be honest about the fact that we are normal and healthy adults and we like to have sex. We don't want to have the same old boring sex with each other for the rest of our lives. So we have sex with other people. He works offshore and is sometimes gone for up to a month at a time. When he goes, he has sex with other women. While he's gone, I have sex with other women too.

We are honest about it, and our marriage is very happy. I find it strange that so many couples (women especially) consider cheating to be a dealbreaker yet they will put up with spouses who are mooches, alcoholics, drug addicts, abusive, or engage in all sorts of other inappropriate behavior. Unacceptable is unacceptable, no matter what it is. I think it's all the deception surrounding an affair that kills the relationship, not the sex. And for what? Because the husband/wife cannot admit they are turned on by someone else and want to act on it due to the spouse's insecurity. That's just silly to me.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:58 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
So now its labeled insecurity if you want a loyal exclusive marriage?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Yes it is if you make a promise to be faithful to someone in an exclusive relationship. I don't buy the whole "shagging someone else brought us closer/made me appreciate him/her" nonsense.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:02 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
So now its labeled insecurity if you want a loyal exclusive marriage?

That seems to be the flavor of the day by internet folks who suck at relationship! Really healthy attitude don't you think? LOL "I suck at having a relationship; therefore, I'm going to label those who want a normal one as being insecure".

Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
That seems to be the flavor of the day by internet folks who suck at relationship! Really healthy attitude don't you think? LOL "I suck at having a relationship; therefore, I'm going to label those who want a normal one as being insecure".
I wish the people that were making these ridiculous posts would tell me what they are smoking.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 AM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Ah, here we go again, nobody here knows anyone, or has cheated themselves. Nope, not on CD. When three major studies done over the past twenty years concluded that 80% of men and 50% of women cheat within the first ten years of marriage. Women are far better at the craft then men, sneakier, better at covering it up, etc. People cheat for a variety of reasons and often the least likely person that you believe would cheat does. In general, studies have shown that most (not all men) cheat for the pure gratification of sex and women do so cause their relationships lack an emotional bond.
Source?

What "studies?' I'd like to see.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
Is this your experience?
no

Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
What's a "normal" relationship? No two relationships are alike. What's normal for you may not be normal for others. Besides, since so many people cheat, obviously monogamy isn't working for a lot of people. If whatever you're doing in a relationship isn't working, change the rules. There's no law that says you "have" to do X the way Peter and Jane down the street may be doing X.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What's a "normal" relationship? No two relationships are alike. What's normal for you may not be normal for others. Besides, since so many people cheat, obviously monogamy isn't working for a lot of people. If whatever you're doing in a relationship isn't working, change the rules. There's no law that says you "have" to do X the way Peter and Jane down the street may be doing X.
Anything you say will just be rationalization of the uncommon/fringes of society path that you have chosen.

I personally don't care what you do but I do care when someone tries to tell me and other people how to live my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships