Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,202 times

Advertisements

This semester (started beginning February), there's this woman who's in two of my classes. For some odd reason, she took me having a 5-10 minute conversation with her one night as we were walking out of our evening class as a romantic interest (even though I did and said nothing to say I was interested in her like that), and now ignores me whenever she looks at me. This has been going on for about three weeks now. Every time we see each other in the hall-way, library, or what not, she quickly looks down and walks away quickly. What's funny is we always seem to run into viewing distance of each other every couple days in the library, hall-way, or one of the building campuses. I've contemplated going up to her and telling her what her issue is, but I figure that it isn't even worth it. I was hoping to be friends with her, not pursue her romantically. The way she's treating me, it almost feels like I said something inappropriate and/or sexual to her, which I didn't. I also have her number, which she gave at the beginning of the semester, and I only texted her once a couple weeks ago to figure out if we had an exam that next class, and she didn't respond (classless on her part, but whatever).

So, is this woman basically a little insane or what? If the roles were reserved, there's no way I would be treating the person the way she has for no reason (would also be flattered that someone finds me attractive). Usually if I'm interested in a person, I would flirt, banter, qualify, and make fun of her a little bit. I did none of those things with her.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 03-17-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Holy crap they don't! ? O_o

Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 PM

867 posts, read 908,873 times
This is just one woman and not all women. If you find this a consistent pattern then you are giving off a bad vibe and you got to work on that vibe. For all I know you could be giving creepy leery look when you talk to her that makes her feel uncomfortable.

As for me throughout life I've always had female friends that was nothing more than friendship.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
This is just one woman and not all women. If you find this a consistent pattern then you are giving off a bad vibe and you got to work on that vibe. For all I know you could be giving creepy leery look when you talk to her that makes her feel uncomfortable.

As for me throughout life I've always had female friends that was nothing more than friendship.
Edited my post.

Also, this is the first time this has happened (I talk with a lot of females), so I'm just chalking it up to a woman with issues.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:08 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
The women that I hang out with say that if I talk to any women at a bar it will be interpreted as a pick up no matter how mudane the conversation. I tried arguing the point with examples to no avail.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,380 times
Not everyone owes you any semblance of friendship. Get over yourself.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Not everyone owes you any semblance of friendship. Get over yourself.
I'm not even arguing that point. Also, I'm aware that nobody owes you a semblance of friendship.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 PM

867 posts, read 908,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Edited my post.

Also, this is the first time this has happened (I talk with a lot of females), so I'm just chalking it up to a woman with issues.
I'm glad you edited your post. I'm glad I could help. This is just one woman. There are plenty of other men and women who would make good friends. As for getting into her head there is no point. The only thing you know for certain is she doesn't want to be friends. Don't take it personally. I know you may feel hurt and insulted that she doesn't want to be friends but it is not a reflection of your character, personality, well-being.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
Why do some men assume that women want to do them if they talk to them? Some people just suck at social skills. The internet has made things worse if you ask me. Nobody knows how to communicate anymore.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I'm glad you edited your post. I'm glad I could help. This is just one woman. There are plenty of other men and women who would make good friends. As for getting into her head there is no point. The only thing you know for certain is she doesn't want to be friends. Don't take it personally. I know you may feel hurt and insulted that she doesn't want to be friends but it is not a reflection of your character, personality, well-being.
Well, it's not even the fact that she doesn't want to be friends, but just plainly ignoring me like I did something wrong. Also, it's not even getting to me (sometimes I'm the one that looks and walks away if I see her :P).

Even if I didn't want to be friends with someone, I would still talk to them if I ran into them. Acquaintances exist for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships