Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 01:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, I don't dwell on my rejections. I manned up, worked on improving myself and moved on. That is the true measure of success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
In some cases I did contact him and he just didn't contact me back (when I had his info/we exchanged info), on a lot of cases I just didn't have his contact info but he had mine, and in a few (after thinking about it) I decided I didn't want to contact him (although that's not really rejection so much as mutual disinterest )
Sorry to hear that. Hope things are better next time. But yeah, mutual disinterest is better hahaha!

Old 04-09-2014, 01:35 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope things are better next time. But yeah, mutual disinterest is better hahaha!
Thanks. But it doesn't bother me at all--it's not like I am deeply emotionally invested in anything. If someone's not interested in me, he's just not interested. Not following up is kind of a "soft" rejection and I kind of prefer it.

Now if I had a terrible rejection like Burgler's or Rhenzanite's... ugh, then I might be upset by it. The people they met were cruel, whacked, or both.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
Lol what was your response?

I haven't been fantastically rejected in recent times, I mean I've been rejected by women but nothing really noteworthy, they've all been pretty uneventful and polite shutdowns. The last time I can remember getting harshly rejected was in high school when I gave a girl a really awfully written (in hindsight) kind of "I have a crush on you" note as I passed her in the hall one day and she just ended up showing like 5 other guys the note in her next class before having a girlfriend of hers return it to me with pretty much a "thanks, but no thanks" and then she literally ballerina skipped away. I think I'm actually more embarrassed about the whole thing now than I was when it actually happened, I was a major d-bag in high school all around lol.
To be completely honest, I was dumbfounded and just stared for a second. Then I said thank you for being the most delightful girl I've ever talked to and just kind of walked away lol.

I walked back to my buddy's table and told them and they laughed at my pretty good Then I had another beer.

Your story is rough because in high school everything seems worse than it really is. It's kind of funny to look back and think we actually passed notes hahaha

Old 04-09-2014, 01:45 PM

While living in the USA I tried in some occasions to go out with some girls who we would go out and have a good time but they wouldn’t follow up, suggest where to go, and so on. I took it as them not being interested.. Later I hear that women don’t usually take the initiative and they show interest by simply accepting to go out. A bit confusing and not something I was accustomed to. Hey, we are not everybody’s cup of tea so just gotta shake the dust off and move on I guess.

Last edited by onihC; 04-09-2014 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 02:00 PM

185 posts, read 242,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
To be completely honest, I was dumbfounded and just stared for a second. Then I said thank you for being the most delightful girl I've ever talked to and just kind of walked away lol.

I walked back to my buddy's table and told them and they laughed at my pretty good Then I had another beer.

Your story is rough because in high school everything seems worse than it really is. It's kind of funny to look back and think we actually passed notes hahaha
The crazy thing to me about it is I haven't thought about that experience in years until bumping into this thread today, but if I'm remembering it correctly I don't recall being really too embarrassed at all about it when it happened. I was such a clueless, socially awkward mess in high school that I'm pretty sure I just immediately started plotting my next move. If I had an experience like that now I would act like I was ok about it but would probably secretly dwell on it for months. I remember one of the guys who she showed the note to even coming up to me sometime later like "Dude, that note was so lame!" and he even quoted some of it back to me, I remember my response was pretty much along the lines of "Whatevz man, I've got other girls I'm talking to."

I was much more brazen with the ladies back in those days but I also had absolutely no idea what I was doing.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:01 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
In some cases I did contact him and he just didn't contact me back (when I had his info/we exchanged info), on a lot of cases I just didn't have his contact info but he had mine, and in a few (after thinking about it) I decided I didn't want to contact him (although that's not really rejection so much as mutual disinterest )
If that isn't rejection, then what is it?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Not being interested? Or do you prefer to get rejected as guys do, that is, being the one who approaches a guy, asks for his number, ask him out, and have him tell you in your face "NO"?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:05 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
While living in the USA I tried in some occasions to go out with some girls who we would go out and have a good time but they wouldn’t follow up, suggest where to go, and so on. I took it as a rejection. Later I hear that women don’t usually take the initiative and they show interest by simply accepting to go out. A bit confusing and not something I was accustomed to. Hey, we are not everybody’s cup of tea so just gotta shake the dust off and move on I guess.
I was thinking more along the terms of didn't even go out on a date. I think not following up after a date is just plain rude. Even if a person decides they aren't interested, at least thank the person for their time or something. Sorry that happened to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You are right, it is a rejection in a way, but at the same time, it just doesn't "feel" like one the way a "no" would. IDK, maybe I am just thick skinned or something

Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
I've never gotten a "rejection" rejection, but like others here, I've had that passive rejection were men just not call or contact me again.
The perp must be blind in one eye, & can't see out of the other one......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships