Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:19 AM

125 posts, read 116,104 times

Advertisements

I didt respond to my own thread? I have been in meetings since 6am.

And yes, I agree with you, no decent man disappears like that, I tried to help he just dont want my support maybe he has a new gf. Thats something I will never know since we dont have friends in common. Either way I wish him good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 08:27 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
He didnt disappear. He told you he is sorry and superbusy.

YOU on the other hand did not respond to his email.

You sound like a 20 year old with a princess syndrom.

I always wonder how girls like you even get guys to love and run after them. You must be really hot.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0512ny View Post

I never responded to his email.

Its been almost 3 weeks and I haven’t heard from him.
He is not your boyfriend. If he was, you would have cared enough to respond with a loving email that said you would give him his space if that's what he needed, and you would be waiting with a hot meal and a warm hug when he gets back.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 AM

125 posts, read 116,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Hahaha how ridiculous.. He gets stressed out dealing with some major work issues and travel and she just basically disappears? No support or anything? Wow..

Two qualities that get a woman kicked to the curb quickly in my book.

1. Can't understand the importance of a career. I.e. complaining I have to go to work, trying to get me to stay home, etc.

2. Trying to convince me not to go to the gym and hang out with her instead, all the time..

A significant other should understand that things are important to you if done within reasons. Sure I can quit my job and make 100k less somewhere else, or I could quit going to the gym and get fat and out of shape.. But I have a feeling those are typically qualities that people look for in a significant other.. Success and Health, as long as both are done within reason.
Not true. I have always been supportive, always.When he gets sick I am with him day and night, problems at work? I pick him up at take him out for drinks so he gets distracted or just listen to him. I Cook for him. I am a very giving person. I always support everyone I love. This is who I am.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:46 AM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Quote:
I called him/texted him SEVERAL TIMES he responded to only one text

"Hey I am sorry I am busy dealing with major problems, I know i am pushing you away"

So I tried! He didnt want me around AT ALL.....

days after I get that email.

Quote:

Two days after i got that text i get a long email from him. He said he had to travel all month to solve major issues at several offices around the country and he doesnt have the time i deserve that when everything gets solve he hopes i will still talk to him.

I never responded to his email.

Its been almost 3 weeks and I haven’t heard from him.

So your bf is in serious trouble, stressed out and having to travel to different offices in different countries. He contacts you explaining everything and apologizes for not being able to give you the time he usually has done for how many years?

What do you do? You ignore his message and do not respond and then you complain that you hadn't heard from him for almost 3 weeks?

Do you know what I do when someone does not respond to an important message that I send? I'm sure you can guess this one...

This is a clear case of entitled princess syndrome. Not only is it illogical, it's disrespectful, childish and if I had such a response or lack of it, id be gone.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 AM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Quote:

And yes, I agree with you, no decent man disappears like that, I tried to help he just dont want my support maybe he has a new gf. Thats something I will never know since we dont have friends in common. Either way I wish him good luck.

No decent woman ignores a message from a partner who is in distress and then wonders why they didn't contact them for 3 weeks.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
It's also interesting 0521ny has never come back to her own thread. Makes me wonder if it's real.

That said, if this is true, it may be he has a girlfriend or has decided to check out of the relationship for other reasons. No decent guy, due to job stress, does this type of behaviour change.

So there's a lot more here than meets the eye.

That's where I find it strange. By sending a long email abruptly telling her he's off to deal with his "whatever business" and keep in touch when he's back (sounds like he may, or may never come back to her). If he's unable to meet her at least call her to say so, but chose to send an email?

I sense something more than his job stress, unless he's testing you in terms of your care and support for him when he's troubled, since he'd always been the one doing all those things. Why don't you give him a call or email him?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

If you don't think he's decent, end it.

If you keep nagging and b*tching about him he will.

The "problem" will get solved either way.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Quote:
My BF and I have been dating for a year, relationship is great we laugh and laugh all the time, chemistry is just amazing! He is protective, affectionate, he always makes me happy when i have a bad day and I do the same for him.

OUT OF THE BLUE he starts telling me how stressed out he is and complaining about having serious issues related to work/dealing with lawyers.

brought food, medicine you name.... Whatever I need i just have to call him and he is always there.

But now he is the one with the problem and he has disappeared, its really confusing.

Couple of things....

(1) I don't know a man on the planet that would just disappear for a month with no communication with the woman he loves.

(2) Why didn't you give him a call and leave him a voicemail after he sent you the email letting you know he was going to be away.

A man that is GENUINELY INTERESTED in you WILL NEVER DISAPPEAR FOR A MONTH.

I don't care what problems he is having.

He is wrong for what he is doing. You are also wrong because you didn't even take the time to try to reach out to him in the past month to see what is going on with his life.

If you like the guy....give him a call ASAP and apologize for your lack of concern.

If he doesn't respond or mentions that he is busy and cannot talk I would lose his number and email address.

Nobody has time for games.

Last edited by usamathman; 04-18-2014 at 09:24 AM..

Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Couple of things....

(1) I don't know a man on the planet that would just disappear for a month with no communication with the woman he loves.

(2) Why didn't you give him a call and leave him a voicemail after he sent you the email letting you know he was going to be away.

A man that is GENUINELY INTERESTED in you WILL NEVER DISAPPEAR FOR A MONTH.

I don't care what problems he is having.

He is wrong for what he is doing. You are also wrong because you didn't even take the time to try to reach out to him in the past month to see what is going on with his life.

If you like the guy....give him a call ASAP and apologize for your lack of concern.

If he doesn't respond or mentions that he is busy and cannot talk I would lose his number and email address.

Nobody has time for games.
My guess is that when he didn't hear from her for two days, he decided she wasn't worth the trouble of talking to, so he sent his email and quite literally wrote her off.

The OP was all about her, her, her, and her needs. It wasn't until after a bunch of us called her out on her behavior that suddenly she "called/texted" him several times, and she suddenly became the kind of person who helps him with all his problems.

Given what others said about the materialism evident in her other posts, I'm willing to bet that his work is a convenient excuse for distancing himself from her.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-18-2014 at 11:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships