Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 PM

309 posts, read 348,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
We are the same like the bolded. It's one of the reasons, I believe in karma. I just don't have the heart to hurt people. That's why I always wonder how some people can hurt people nonchalantly. It boggles my mind.

What I do which I know is odd though is..... I play the scene on my mind and in my mind, I retaliated like a badass. It's unfortunate, I can't do it in real life.

I mostly just blanked out what's happening pretend I was not hurt but deep inside, I am. And I play it in my subconscious involuntarily.

I just know karma will get them. It just sucks I won't be there to witness it most of the times.
If you can't do it in real life, don't do it elsewhere. That's where people get into trouble. Writing checks their asses can't cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 08:05 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Nope. High road.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:09 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
retaliate, never

confront, most definitely.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:13 PM

309 posts, read 348,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
retaliate, never

confront, most definitely.
And pay whatever price it costs.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 PM

324 posts, read 407,151 times
No. Be the bigger person.

I have outgrown wanting to take revenge. I find it so juvenile now.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 PM

92 posts, read 101,671 times
I don't have the energy or interest in retaliating against someone who has hurt me. Once someone hurts me, I view them as insignificant and I don't have time for insignificant people.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
I was angry because I was devastated. I had co-workers giving me suggestions for retaliation. Some were really creative! LOL I did none of them. I may have felt "better" temporarily, but I would not have been proud of myself later. I can look in the mirror and know that I handled it well, considering.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM

89 posts, read 107,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm talking about anyone: friends, family, boyfriend/girlfriends, husbands, and wives.

Not physically either, but mainly emotionally and mentally. Just about everyone retaliates when or if someone physically assaults them. Most of the time.

Do you just walk away from a person when they have betrayed you or stabbed you in the back? Or do you need to get revenge?

Call me a push over, but when someone close to me has hurt me, I feel so bad I can't even do anything to really retaliate. I stand up for myself of course. I'll be upset about it for a while then eventually I'll get over it with no real long term effects. I'm just asking because the subject came up with some friends the other day. They all said they have retaliated one way or another when someone has hurt their feelings. I've never really gotten angry enough to really want to do that, at least not that I recall. I'm mainly just sad and distraught. Ironically I love to debate things though lol. It really depends.

What about you?
I practice a triage mindset with a little baseball thrown in...

First, SO, three strikes you're out, unless it's physical, then immediately you're out. I express verbally my feelings and wait and watch. If no intelligent mature ownership of actions then add to the red flags.

Second, Family, three strikes you're out, unless physical, then immediately you're out. Forget talking, poured concrete high strength walls I'm talking to.

Third, Friends close enough who could speak at my funeral, same as above. Express how I feel, wait, watch...

Fourth, Friends who I may see occasionally but really can't speak at my funeral, one strike, you're history.

Some people operate that way and have no compassion or sensitivity when dealing with those they think of close. Usually they hurt the close ones being easier targets and thinking they may get away with their selfish insensitive behavior. Some live for the response and feed off of it and need it to continue their feeling of control. Which by the way I think control plays into this for many, especially if they are allowed to get away with it repeatedly.

I had this neighbor once when I was 16, hated that I was living with the 33 yr old he was always trying to score. Hated me so much, for no other reason, that when he saw me publicly he would yell out obscenities and comments about my relationship. I realized, with advice from my then SO, that the more I responded to his obnoxious jealous behavior, the more he continued it. So despite my public embarrassment and how I really felt inside, I would smile, laugh, and not blink an eye lash his way, soon enough he gave up and found someone else to continue his reign of abuses and hatred.
Some folk are filled so much with hatred, resentment, and such that they seek out any target to use as their dart board in hopes that it will make them feel satisfied and as a better human being for making someone pay for their miserable choices in life.

As I've mentioned throughout C-D, we can't control what others do and say, but we can control what we do and say. Take the higher road, I say.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:58 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Not anymore. I just, ah, see to it that it doesn't happen again.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:06 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Grown up people don't do that. They just cut people out of their lives instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships