Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Because Men who are taken period are more desirable. You have dudes who never got any attention from females than the minute they have a gf the floodgates open
Goes with the saying "all the good ones are taken". If there's no good men available your only option may be to get one that is currently spoken for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, a man who values commitment and family is desirable to many women.
Is bedding down with a liar and a cheater desirable as well?

I was married for 6 years (ended in 2007) and I never once had anyone make a pass at me.

Have to think this is rare and not "many."
I've worked in office settings for most of the last 22 years including now and I do not see this "fascination."

Old 05-05-2014, 10:06 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

I was married for 6 years (ended in 2007) and I never once had anyone make a pass at me.

Have to think this is rare. I've worked in office settings for most of the last 22 years including now and I do not see this.
Me neither, I think this is more like movie type stuff than real life common occurrences

Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Many women purposely go for married men. Why?
I have no idea. Married men are such turn offs. Just think about the things they do with their wives. EEWWWW

Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,215,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have no idea. Married men are such turn offs. Just think about the things they do with their wives. EEWWWW
Probably no worse than the things they might do with you,eh?

Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,629,228 times
Quote:

Have to think this is rare. I've worked in office settings for most of the last 22 years including now and I do not see this.
It's just that nobody confided it to you. You can usually see or hear about married men cheating IF you are good friend with them and they happen to share such informations with you - they'll even mention names or will happen to take a prostitute on a business trip and call you to join them.
You can hardly hear married women admit to cheating because that's how the social norms work in 21st century America.
If people busted, they'll all generally blame the other spouse for it, regardless if they were men or women.

The same is true in either casual affairs or affairs that people attempt to turn into a serious relationship.
When it comes to search for a relationship instead of one-night stands, one common thing that often precedes a search for a "serious" relationship is (un)conscious drama-making period, such as starting or picking fights over small things, creating hostilities again and again. It works as a great excuse for a person to get a "reason" to have an affair, or to cover an ongoing affair. This is generally addressed as period of "growing apart".
People won't simply end a relationship before they start seeking for someone else for serious, both men and women often seek other people while attached - since it gives them an upper hand. It's a classical opportunism and it's so ever-present that it's useless to deny it.

Over 20% of men and about 15% of women admitted on having an affair. The numbers are likely higher and quite similar for both, because there are certain biases present. If you account that very few of the surveyed people had been old enough to no have any further affairs, one can expect that the numbers DO get higher over the lifetime as well.... yet so many people will pretend that it's something that rarely happens. Take note that relationships are made of two people (minimum?) and that it only takes one side willing to engage in an affair.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Probably no worse than the things they might do with you,eh?
and you call that special? hehehe

Old 05-05-2014, 10:32 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,215,456 times
Quote:
and you call that special? hehehe
I suppose you could make it special,lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
No kidding!

I don't know why having a "relationship" with a married man can be challenging to some.

You know you got a cheater and a liar. Congratulations. What a challenge!!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:50 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
No kidding!

I don't know why having a "relationship" with a married man can be challenging to some.

You know you got a cheater and a liar. Congratulations. What a challenge!!
No joke. But the woman who domesticated me...now there's a woman who has accomplished something. Or in my wife's case, has made significant progress!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships