Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 12:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I worked 4 days consecutive shifts, then had one day off (which was this past Monday), and am now again four consecutive shifts. Thank goodness, Friday night is my last night of these nutty shifts..at last for a few days. Then I'm off for the weekend!!!.

I'm off to bed, everyone. ...

G'nite .

Nite!

I stayed up for 2 1/2 days before, working on a tourist train. That was actually pretty dangerous....crossing between cars lol

(sometimes I have a hard time sleeping in a strange place )

Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I do emergency response work at a foundry. Fire fighting, High Angle rescue, rescue from heights, confined space rescue....stuff like that.

I can't put myself to bed for **** anyway.
Good lord... you've got a man's frigging job....

I grew up with a guy that was the biggest **** up drunk you'd ever want to meet and now he's part of the search and rescue crews that work at oil refineries and that's some dangerous ass work, dealing with all the potential safety hazards and stuff...

Here I sit on my little computer writing computer programs to control air conditioning...

You and SD have done's mens work.....

Kudos to you guys.....

Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good lord... you've got a man's frigging job....

I grew up with a guy that was the biggest **** up drunk you'd ever want to meet and now he's part of the search and rescue crews that work at oil refineries and that's some dangerous ass work, dealing with all the potential safety hazards and stuff...

Here I sit on my little computer writing computer programs to control air conditioning...

You and SD have done's mens work.....

Kudos to you guys.....

Thanks, Chow, but as you can see.....I spend an awful lot of time surfing the net. lol

I have had some very exciting times though, and I always enjoy training. I repel off the side of a 6 story building in HAR training. My second time, I made it in two jumps.

My friend is a nuclear engineer up in Darlington Ontario. He keeps bugging me to go do my job up there. I don't think I want to do nuclear though. The money is stupid...but...I dunno. I like it here.

SD gets credit for sure. He worked for the public, and the public is dumb. lol

What you do is important too, Chow. Don't sell yourself short.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:46 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Giving it the hand won't help anything. lol

Quote:
Well, its pretty much my own fault. If I went to sleep at a decent hour, and stayed asleep long enough, it wouldn't be so bad. But then I'd miss out on the whole day. But, we don't have enough people anymore to cover all the shifts AND have a decent schedule.
Yeah, but when the schedule keeps changing, it's hard to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I worked 4 days consecutive shifts, then had one day off (which was this past Monday), and am now again four consecutive shifts. Thank goodness, Friday night is my last night of these nutty shifts..at last for a few days. Then I'm off for the weekend!!!.

I'm off to bed, everyone. ...

G'nite .
Good night.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Yeah, but when the schedule keeps changing, it's hard to do that.
Well......even on my days off, I don't go to bed till around 4 or 5am. So when I come to work, I only have to go another 2 or 3 hours. Not really pushing it or anything to stay awake. Then when I get home, I get a second wind, watch Ice Pilots, Holmes on Homes, Leave it to Brian...and then I go to bed, wake up later and watch Star Trek.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Well......even on my days off, I don't go to bed till around 4 or 5am. So when I come to work, I only have to go another 2 or 3 hours. Not really pushing it or anything to stay awake. Then when I get home, I get a second wind, watch Ice Pilots, Holmes on Homes, Leave it to Brian...and then I go to bed, wake up later and watch Star Trek.
Geez, we've got to get you out of the house. You're worse than me!

Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Thanks, Chow, but as you can see.....I spend an awful lot of time surfing the net. lol

SD gets credit for sure. He worked for the public, and the public is dumb. lol

What you do is important too, Chow. Don't sell yourself short.
Well, now you're really going to show me up... heroic and gracious.

Well, in the true gracious gentlemanly way you suggest.. yes, we all are all important in the sense that we contribute to the betterment of society and we pay our share of taxes... and all that goes with being a good citizen.....

Old 05-16-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, in the true gracious gentlemanly way you suggest.. yes, we all are all important in the sense that we contribute to the betterment of society and we pay our share of taxes... and all that goes with being a good citizen.....

"O Canada..."

LOL...

Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 AM

Quote:
"O Canada..."

LOL...

Sing it, Sea.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Geez, we've got to get you out of the house. You're worse than me!

Well, after Star Trek, I go do stuff. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships