Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
The men are common too--and when I say I met a lot of married men with OLD, most of them fell into the still married, but separated category. For me, it's a stigma to a degree (I won't date a man who is married, period), but there are three practical reasons not to date someone (man or woman) who is only separated... 1) That person might get back together with their spouse. While rare, it happens. 2) People who are going though a divorce are in for a world of drama--why voluntarily step into that world of divorce drama. And you might get dragged into it to if the other spouse wants to try and prove adultery. Even if you weren't the cause of their break-up 3) Good chance you might just be a rebound.
Oh, I agree on all those... but sometimes if they're fun and an adventure is needed... well, you know... sometimes drama spices up life a bit. It's good for the soul.

Of course, if the only reason a person is dating is to find "the one" and get a stable, monogamous relationship, that's a different thing entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There are probably ugly women looking for another man also, there are probably more women looking to cheat that aren't signed up for online dating.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at. Is this another thread of someone proclaiming to the world that they don't want to date anymore?
That can be true too but I only focus on attractive women when viewing online dating

Old 05-07-2014, 12:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
That can be true too but I only focus on attractive women when viewing online dating

That wasn't even the point

I don't really care what you look at haha

Old 05-07-2014, 04:58 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
You mean members keep pictures up that are 5, 10 years old or the pictures are old enough by now to vote?
That too. However, I believe she meant the sites themselves keep old profiles and advertise them as active to make it look like they have a larger user base than they really do. When your subscription from Match expires, for example, they tell you they will keep your profile on file for 1 year in case you "change your mind and want to come back" you won't have to create a new one.

They leave out the part where they show your inactive profile as active on the site so others can still send winks or messages. Then Match emails you "Someone winked at you! Come back today and see who it is!" I'm speaking from experience with my own profile. I couldn't figure out why I started getting these weeks after my account expired. So my friend and I did a search from her account for my age and zip code and it showed I'd been active within 24 hours.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
That too. However, I believe she meant the sites themselves keep old profiles and advertise them as active to make it look like they have a larger user base than they really do. When your subscription from Match expires, for example, they tell you they will keep your profile on file for 1 year in case you "change your mind and want to come back" you won't have to create a new one.

They leave out the part where they show your inactive profile as active on the site so others can still send winks or messages. Then Match emails you "Someone winked at you! Come back today and see who it is!" I'm speaking from experience with my own profile. I couldn't figure out why I started getting these weeks after my account expired. So my friend and I did a search from her account for my age and zip code and it showed I'd been active within 24 hours.
You can make it invisible.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:53 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
I have stumbled on some profiles that say they aren't there for dating or friends since they already have a BF/fiance and they're just looking out for there friends or looking for attention.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:38 AM

774 posts, read 907,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post

OLD is a real big business and a corrupt big business these days. Its why "so many women" "keep" looking at my profile on sites like BBPM and then ignore me or reject me when I contact them after "she" looks at my profile (according to BBPM) for maybe the tenth time in a month.

The computer itself must be selecting some women, then showing me their picture and telling me she "viewed" me................again.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
OP, you've been creating the same sort of threads about the pitfalls of dating sites for 6 years now and still haven't ventured out from behind the screen to actually go out and meet people in the "real world". As your days of being that proverbial spring chicken rapidly wind down so your sporadic dating life remains stuck at one or two internet dating site-induced "meet-ups" each year and there's always a major problem with them.

I mean, it's all well and good to try out dating sites but if they don't work for you then what's the point of doing the same thing year after year after year when the results remain the negative same?

Get out and about, join some groups, take up some new activities, develop some hobbies - in the real world.

And how old are these women you're using as examples? Someone who doesn't take their dating profile down because "my boyfriend won't take his down" sounds very young and immature.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:56 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Don't you feel a little but dumb that you're drawing a conclusion of around 1,000,000 women because of two that you work with?
No kidding. How can you form a conclusion about the women on dating sites based on a sample size of 2?

Old 06-12-2014, 12:59 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
This is something you deal with with any dating site you have. It's not just based on gender either since a lot of guys on there are also in relationships. Also, a lot of dating sites are also used by people to just get friends. So your assumptions on what they are looking for might be off. They might also have an understand with their mates that allow this as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships