Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:18 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,027,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
You can take that attitude and probably be single your whole life if that is what you want. Who is to say if you lower your standards it will be with someone you do not want? Many people with high standards are going find themselves in their late 30's single and wondering why they are still single.
Great post!

Everyone has different standards so there is no one universal answer, but if things aren't working out the way you want, maybe you have set the bar too high and no one can live up to your expectations.

Lowering your standards doesn't mean having no standards whatsoever, it's about being realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:55 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I can see being flexible with weight but definitely not face
I am the same way to me a girls face is really important while other things like weight do not matter as much.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:27 AM

50 posts, read 46,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Never understood the whole lowering standards thing because I feel it accomplishes nothing. Just the thought of it is very depressing.

What's the point of being in a relationship if it's not with someone you want?

are you really lowering if your standards were never realistic in the first palce

for example there are women who want a 6 ft doctor who makes 6 figuresa year has a big penis and is faithful to his wife.

meanwhile hse has three kids by three different and lives off foodstamps in the projects

is it really lowering her stands or is she been realistic with what she can actually get ????

I can dream about dating a halle berry/beyonce type of women but if im 40 years old and still haven't found that at some point i got to come back down to reality lol and relaity tend to hit people with these delusional expectations very hard

Old 05-18-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Stop worrying about standards and find someone you like and that likes you.

good advice but someone who thinks like that will probably not take it lol

Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM

I do not believe in the whole lowering my standards thing it sounds like bs because alot of the times these so called standards are not really high to begin with or are very superficial and arbitary.

it one thing for stnadards to include an employed man but its another when you expect that employed man to be making 6 figures a year. It's one thing for standards to include a good looking woman (which is subjective) but its another when your version of a good looknig women looks like a hollywood supermodel and you have nothing absolutely nothing that a hollywood supermodel would want in real life.

so like i said you are not lowering your standards you are being realsitic in what you can actually get.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta2014 View Post
are you really lowering if your standards were never realistic in the first palce

for example there are women who want a 6 ft doctor who makes 6 figuresa year has a big penis and is faithful to his wife.

meanwhile hse has three kids by three different and lives off foodstamps in the projects

is it really lowering her stands or is she been realistic with what she can actually get ????

I can dream about dating a halle berry/beyonce type of women but if im 40 years old and still haven't found that at some point i got to come back down to reality lol and relaity tend to hit people with these delusional expectations very hard
well if someone at 40 hasn't found that person then it's best to be single because settling for someone makes it worst

Old 05-18-2014, 12:59 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
If the OP had better luck with high standards, why did he bother to lower them in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships