Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 PM

233 posts, read 751,563 times

Advertisements

i went to visit a woman i met online. at first sight she was beautiful, i would have married her based on only what i saw. she was fun to hang with, a sweet woman, she was not from the area and that did not matter. i noticed her diet was not typical, she ate 2 hardboiled eggs repeatly dipped in ketchup and salt. her diet was not the cleanest. As I was rounding third base and headed for home, the smell of the passion fruit made me suspect it had rotted, at which time I lost my apetite and got tagged out by the catcher as I was running back to third. Disappointed, I returned to the dugout with ego bruised but dignity intact, looking forward to my next at-bat another day. what are your stories?

Last edited by johnycakes; 12-12-2007 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: tried to make the post more tasteful.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:47 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
OMG! That gal needs to see a gyn and get some help! This was not a funny experience for you, but I was just picturing your reaction to the "scent" she emitted!! And I cannot imagine she hasn't noticed it unless she has no sense of smell.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Yes, in a way. The lady smelled like she didn't use deodorant much, she smoked entirely to much, didn't have a very clean apartment (or mouth). I was able to excuse myself and leave her and her apartment politely.....THANK GOD!! Never seen her again and allowed myself to be more "choosy" in the lady I picked to date. Today, I can look back at that lady and think to myself, "was I really that desperate to have a girlfriend or relationship to go for a gal like that"? At the time, yes.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
i went to visit a woman i met online. at first sight she was beautiful, i would have married her based on only what i saw. she was fun to hang with, a sweet woman, she was not from the area and that did not matter. i noticed her diet was not typical, she ate 2 hardboiled eggs repeatly dipped in ketchup and salt. her diet was not the cleanest. As I was rounding third base and headed for home, the smell of the passion fruit made me suspect it had rotted, at which time I lost my apetite and got tagged out by the catcher as I was running back to third. what are your stories?
I can't imagine 2 eggs being responsible for the smell...! I know nothing about this woman's hygiene, but just wanted to share an experience. Used to work with a girl who was definitely clean; however, her body was emitting such a horrible odor, it was hard to share an office with her... Not sure what was causing it (must've been some condition), but being in her shoes would be terrible... knock wood!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Smokers always stink. No matter how much they try to cover up the smell, they reek of stink!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Well if she smelled bad why couldn't you just ask her to shower and wear some light perfume? Possibly deodorant too?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:38 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
I used to work with a girl who took all kind of odd holistic supplements including algae. She had a horrendous odor that offended everyone in our open office.

With such an odd diet, maybe this woman also took strange pills that made her stink.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:43 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Oh lord..... How to keep it clean while discussing this???

Well, an ex girlfriend in college. Just wasn't the cleanest in the world I guess.... First time I made the plunge I just sorta grinned (more like winced) and beared it... Problem was I did a pretty good job apparrently and she wanted me to keep doing it and wondered why I really had no interest in diving again...

Remember this was college so at some point I shared my "issues" with a couple of friends of her's (they were in the process of making fun of her and I was on the verge of breaking up with her anyway... ) and they told me some stories about how unclean this girl could be at times...... Pretty terrifying!!!! I'm lucky it was only an unpleasant odor that came outta there I guess.... No, that's not funny..... EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times
i am in shock to read all of these "diving" /"taking the plunge" stories!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i am in shock to read all of these "diving" /"taking the plunge" stories!

Don't you like to swim, nic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships