Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:29 PM

89 posts, read 140,331 times

Advertisements

Why would you play daddy for a kid that ain't yours? The kid won't be harmed he's too young to register these things.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:32 PM

323 posts, read 308,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I'm flabbergasted and beyond belief at the female responses in this thread. Clearly women here have no issues banging some other guy that's not with them, bearing the bastard child and tricking the husband into raising them.
Of course they don't. They want whoever gives them the tingles for sex, and whoever is dumb enough to stick with them for the wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Might as well start swabbing every child in family just to be certain. The OP might have a reimbursement coming his way.
Yes.

EVERY man who's accused of siring a child should get a DNA test done BEFORE his name is on the birth certificate. OP's country sounds a LOT more logical and reasonable than the US, since once your name is on there it tends to be difficult to remove and you WILL be paying support. And paternity fraud is rampant all over the world.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:33 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,485,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I agree!!

I think it should be a law in the US to have tests done right after birth so the man is protected and sure.
I see two problems with that plan:

1) Who is going to pay for all those tests? Unless there is some genuine doubt about paternity, mandating paternity tests would be a waste of money.

2) Mandating paternity tests would imply women were all a bunch of scheming, lying whores who couldn't be trusted. That is not how you craft public policy.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post

1) Who is going to pay for all those tests? Unless there is some genuine doubt about paternity, mandating paternity tests would be a waste of money.

2) Mandating paternity tests would imply women were all a bunch of scheming, lying whores who couldn't be trusted. That is not how you craft public policy.
The violence against women act implies that men are evil brutes and that women are fragile and defenseless.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:35 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brofessional View Post
Why would you play daddy for a kid that ain't yours? The kid won't be harmed he's too young to register these things.
Yah man, the child just disappears once another mans money starts coming in to the house.....so do the other two children and this mans involvement to them.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:35 PM

240 posts, read 240,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The OP said he cared about the boy, so I asked him if he intended to stay in the boy's life. That doesn't mean he has to pay child support or act as his father. Plenty of men are able to have caring relationships with children who are not theirs: uncles, Big Brothers, mentors, neighbors, and so on. It doesn't involve living a lie or supporting another man's child. Having the boy over with his siblings to visit costs nothing. Literally zero dollars. It's simply remaining attached to a child with whom he's bonded and not using his displeasure with the boy's mother to walk out of his life.
....aaaand you're still doing it. You could've shortened that whole soliloquy down to....wait for it...."man up."

You want him to take responsibility for her poor choices, which he had nothing to do with.

Full disclosure: I really hope the test comes back with the OP as the father.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,730,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
....aaaand you're still doing it. You could've shortened that whole soliloquy down to....wait for it...."man up."

You want him to take responsibility for her poor choices, which he had nothing to do with.

Full disclosure: I really hope the test comes back with the OP as the father.
It would be nice if you would stop trying to put words in my mouth. Nowhere have I derided the OP for his choice.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:50 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,996,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post

1) The state would pay for the tests of course, in the name of mental health.

2) Not necessarily, as the real father if one is there would be responsible. The woman would have a safety net and it would discourage thirsty men from going after married and/or taken women.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM

240 posts, read 240,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It would be nice if you would stop trying to put words in my mouth. Nowhere have I derided the OP for his choice.
Not openly, no, you haven't. You're far more subtle than that. You're using very manipulative language like, "just walk out of the boy's life," and such where if the OP is not the boy's bio father, he was never really in the kids life to begin with.

I want you to understand that I'm not mad or picking on you, I'm truly fascinated with your responses, from an evo psych/mating strategy standpoint.

They are pretty much confirming manosphere/red pill/PUA dogma to a tee.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:53 PM

This is getting fun. Who wants a flame war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships