Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 09:30 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,581,468 times

Advertisements

OKCupid sounds like nonsense to me. It seems most of the successful relationships I've had we were different in many aspects be it tv shows, music, financial habits, and many others. To answer hundreds of questions to ensure a higher percentage just sounds so clinical and mundane to me, like your searching for a robot rather than a girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 10:31 PM

774 posts, read 908,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I just recently threw up an experimental profile on POF, and I'm noticing something similar. The few messages I've gotten in my inbox as well as a couple of women that have favorited me mention how much they like motorcycles. They want a riding partner. Nowhere in my profile did I say I have a motorcycle, or even like them.
Did you put a picture up?

Old 06-09-2014, 03:48 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,645,055 times
Quote:
OKCupid sounds like nonsense to me. It seems most of the successful relationships I've had we were different in many aspects be it tv shows, music, financial habits, and many others. To answer hundreds of questions to ensure a higher percentage just sounds so clinical and mundane to me, like your searching for a robot rather than a girlfriend.
OKC doesn't force you to only communicate with those with high match percentages. You can search for others if you prefer. I never cared about the match percentage myself, but I do care how a guy answers the "Do you like receiving anal sex?" question. What other site is going to tell me that?

Old 06-09-2014, 07:23 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,581,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Did you put a picture up?
Yes...it's not helping much,lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
OKC doesn't force you to only communicate with those with high match percentages. You can search for others if you prefer. I never cared about the match percentage myself, but I do care how a guy answers the "Do you like receiving anal sex?" question. What other site is going to tell me that?
I see, I didn't know you could see their individual answers. That would be helpful and interesting.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,458,548 times
Is it my imagination or is "wanna meet?" code for "let's hookup"?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,645,055 times
Quote:
I see, I didn't know you could see their individual answers. That would be helpful and interesting.
Yup, but you can only see their answers if you both answer the same question and make your answer public. If you choose to answer a question privately, no one can see your response but it'll still factor into the match percentage.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Is it my imagination or is "wanna meet?" code for "let's hookup"?

"Wanna meat" is code for lets hookup.

"Wanna meet" is code for "I want to meet you, but I'm really not very bright and I'm incapable of expressing myself in a complete thoughts to someone I wish to make a good first impression on."

Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,458,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
"Wanna meet" is code for "I want to meet you, but I'm really not very bright and I'm incapable of expressing myself in a complete thoughts to someone I wish to make a good first impression on."
Sadly, the majority of the first messages I have received make me feel that if I was on the hunt for a baby daddy, I'd be concerned about the amount of intelligence they'd receive from his side of the gene pool.

I got a message last night around 9:15 asking what I was doing, so I replied with the mundane tasks I was doing. His response was "Cool, wanna meet?" When I asked what day worked for him, he came back with "We could meet tonight. I can come to you."

I've had other conversations in which "wanna meet" quickly turned in to "wanna hookup?"

Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Sadly, the majority of the first messages I have received make me feel that if I was on the hunt for a baby daddy, I'd be concerned about the amount of intelligence they'd receive from his side of the gene pool.

Oh, I've seen the messages my lady friends get. It is easy to understand why lots of the guys I know get about 35-50% response rates on their messages compared to the 5-10% or less so many guys b*tch about.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:27 AM

66 posts, read 78,778 times
Have been on dates thanks to OKC but they never amounted to much. It was nice to get out and meet a new person though... but then for me it always gets awkward because I usually have to tell the guy I don't see it going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships