Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 10:48 PM

527 posts, read 602,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well, apparently the OP asks a first date for ice cream...lol
Exactly. And now he knows what happens when one does so. Lesson learned, I hope (for his sake).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 10:56 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Uh...okay.

Now I am beginning to think she dodged a bullet here...
Do you think I keep up everyday and go to work just to give money away? I am obviously trying to meet someone who is not all about getting a free meal. Everything is high now along with rising rent among other things and you expect a man to just treat a bunch a woman to dinner he doesn't know?

Old 06-01-2014, 10:59 PM

I think for now on I will just suggest brunch on a saturday or coffee

I actually suggested coffee to a woman two months ago and when I asked her what cafe do you want to meet at

Her response was.........."well since you are not taking me to a real restuaurant I guess I will choose..."

Never met her after that statement

Old 06-01-2014, 11:03 PM

527 posts, read 602,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am obviously trying to meet someone who is not all about getting a free meal.
Trust me-- unless a woman is so poor that she has trouble feeding herself, she's not going to go through all the trouble of going out with a guy she's not interested in just to "get a free meal."

Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 PM

102,392 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Trust me-- unless a woman is so poor that she has trouble feeding herself, she's not going to go through all the trouble of going out with a guy she's not interested in just to "get a free meal."
According to some of the guys on this forum, internet dating is rife with "dinner whores". lol Sounds funny, but there seems to be something to it.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post

Of course she is going to go out with a guy because he is expected to pay. Has nothing to do with interest. So a guy treat 3 women to dinner and may not get a call back from any of them. But if he doesn't get a call back from a coffee or ice cream meet it's not hurting the pockets too much.

And that's why I suggest the coffee/ice cream meet because you have to see if you click. Now if you do click then a guy would not have a issue paying because he is paying for dinner for a woman who he knows is interested in him

Understand what I mean?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 PM

102,392 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Of course she is going to go out with a guy because he is expected to pay. Has nothing to do with interest. So a guy treat 3 women to dinner and may not get a call back from any of them. But if he doesn't get a call back from a coffee or ice cream meet it's not hurting the pockets too much.

And that's why I suggest the coffee/ice cream meet because you have to see if you click. Now if you do click then a guy would not have a issue paying because he is paying for dinner for a woman who he knows is interested in him

Understand what I mean?
It makes perfect sense, especially in the context of OLD. And I like all your ideas, OP. I love weekend brunch!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It makes perfect sense, especially in the context of OLD. And I like all your ideas, OP. I love weekend brunch!
Thanks, I was never a fan of feeding strange women all over the city

Old 06-02-2014, 12:46 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,293,923 times
Quote:
Do you think I keep up everyday and go to work just to give money away? I am obviously trying to meet someone who is not all about getting a free meal. Everything is high now along with rising rent among other things and you expect a man to just treat a bunch a woman to dinner he doesn't know?
I think dinner is weird for a first meeting. What if the other person is an ahole? I did that once and the guy blew his nose at the table. Never again.

Too bad you aren't offering free meals though. I could go for one, even from Panera Bread. Kidding!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:56 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,853,918 times
A first date I think it is better to just play things safe with drinks or coffee. I agree that a short first date at least allows you not to be stuck for a long period of time. OP I do think the girls response was rude. That being said I would not say anything but going for ice cream on a first date is odd. I don't know why but in my opinion it is just better to stick to things like coffee.
On a side note I am a female and don't expect for the guy to pay for me. I always offer to pay. I do this because I just feel in this day in age it is fair. I understand people have a budget but there is a difference between being on a budget and being cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships