Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol. Are you surprised?
Not now lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I only know of 2 of them now

Gallery

South Philly broad and washington
The second one is six blocks from my house.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,235,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If she's immediately jumping to dinner and a movie, she might be looking for a free meal, as this is definitely not something you should be doing on a first date or first meeting. That's too much money spent on someone you have no idea if she's worth investing that much time and effort in.
come on. suggesting that she may be hoping for a free meal from a stranger...really? i see posts like this and it's starting to pmo. i find it hard to believe that someone signs up for online dating so that they can get a free dinner from a stranger. i have gone on dinners for first dates, not my first choice, but i have done it and it definitely wasn't so that i could get a free meal out of some poor sap.

to me, going for ice cream on a sunny hot summer day sounds nice. i would go for that. this woman didn't feel the same. i personally don't like dinner for a first date. that's too long to sit at a table and eat with a stranger! what if i don't like him at all? no free meal is worth sitting there with someone i can't wait to be done with. and btw i add my money in every time if it is someone that i do not like at all. every single time the guy will try to refuse me giving him money for my own dinner. sometimes i force it sometimes i don't. if it is someone that i like, i am not as eager to try to force my own money. if i like him, i am more likely to let him pay. hmmm....maybe i should think why that is....i think i just learned something about myself.

i prefer a drink or coffee and yeah ice cream, over something like dinner or a museum. i love museums. but going to one and walking around with someone that i may not have any attraction to at all sounds a lot like torture to me.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:42 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
come on. suggesting that she may be hoping for a free meal from a stranger...really? i see posts like this and it's starting to pmo. i find it hard to believe that someone signs up for online dating so that they can get a free dinner from a stranger. i have gone on dinners for first dates, not my first choice, but i have done it and it definitely wasn't so that i could get a free meal out of some poor sap.
And yet this piece of work complained she wasn't asked for dinner and a movie?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
No woman is getting dinner the first time I meet her unless she agrees to meet me at my place
Quote:
She didn't have a summary talking about herself, just a blank profile
i just spent the evening periodically reading through this thread. all the off topic talk...i have never had chicken and waffles. maybe i need to try it!

so OP you were only attracted to her picture? if her profile was blank, why would you ask her to meet then?

wow...is all i can come up with. i am thinking that the woman who had a blank profile dodged the bullet here. i was all for the ice cream thing. i live in a beach community. there is a cold stone creamery here and a walk on the pier while enjoying ice cream is quite nice. but after reading through this whole thread and some of the OP's comments...i think that woman is better off moving on. maybe she is someone just looking for a free meal. a blank profile? sucker! really?

Last edited by beachie123; 06-03-2014 at 02:17 AM..

Old 06-03-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And yet this piece of work complained she wasn't asked for dinner and a movie?
hard to say when we don't see the actual communication between these two. obviously we are only seeing one side of it. i'm thinking they are both better off moving on. and also, just because she suggested dinner and a movie over ice cream does not automatically mean that she was expecting that he was going to pay for it all.

Last edited by beachie123; 06-03-2014 at 02:32 AM..

Old 06-03-2014, 03:41 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,915,513 times
personally I would've gone to that dinner thing and see how she is, because text can be misconstrued . However, just because you're going to a dinner date doesn't mean you have to pay 100%.

I've had women hit on me for drinks at bars. Sure, i'll "order" them a drink and once they get it.. they walk away. Thing is, I never said I was paying, so that drink went to their tab they had anyways. im not cheap but I wont be used by ladies at any cost.

but yes, I don't see anything wrong on an ice cream date.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:34 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,473,730 times
Quote:
I guess I thought this would be a nice meet up for a summer afternoon

"eating ice cream outside followed by a walk and talk in the park"
It's a perfectly fine idea. People who are too uptight to indulge in a few extra calories on a special occasion are too uptight to date.

But if you like the woman and she'd prefer lunch or coffee, go for it.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,626,036 times
28 pages?? Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thread, but now that Cazwell song is stuck in my head:

Meet me at the ice cream truck
I'll buy you an ice cream
I'll whip out my drumstick
That will make your eyes gleam

Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 PM

461 posts, read 556,605 times
You essentially told her you'd go out on a $5 date.

And I really hope you didn't intend to split the bill..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships