Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times

Advertisements

All this talk about Ice cream I had to pick up some ice cream on the way home from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 05:09 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,467,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think it all depends on the ice cream parlor. Something obviously kid-oriented wouldn't work. Something like Newbie was talking about--something high-end and gourmet, more exclusive, could work. Also, there are restaurants that make their own ice cream, and it's possible to go just for ice cream, i.e. dessert. That would be a good, adult atmosphere.
There's a funky, popular little place here that is only open for dessert. Their desserts are awesome. I was thinking about the coffee date thread earlier and it came to mind as a place I'd suggest for an encounter.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:14 PM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think it all depends on the ice cream parlor. Something obviously kid-oriented wouldn't work. Something like Newbie was talking about--something high-end and gourmet, more exclusive, could work. Also, there are restaurants that make their own ice cream, and it's possible to go just for ice cream, i.e. dessert. That would be a good, adult atmosphere.

There are many options, including gelato. I think it sounds like a fun change of pace from a coffee date at Starbucks.
Between this and the coffee date (or meet-up), it seems less about the food and drink and more about the ambiance. What kind of first impression do you hope to create? Dairy Queen after the local little league game is over or something calmer, quieter, more conducive to getting to know someone?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
I don't think anyone is suggesting a dairy queen for an ice cream date. Good heavens.

Just like when you're suggesting taking a woman out to coffee you're probably not thinking Dunkin Donuts or for lunch to Taco Bell.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,390,241 times
Well that is just her opinion, I mean food stopped being a dating plan since the 1970's. I mean it is not a bad thing to do in general, but it is food, food is food. Again food is outdated.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:28 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,400,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't think anyone is suggesting a dairy queen for an ice cream date. Good heavens.

Just like when you're suggesting taking a woman out to coffee you're probably not thinking Dunkin Donuts or for lunch to Taco Bell.
Cold Stone?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,064,398 times
Well, there really isn't another ice cream parlor around here except for certain gas stations and DQ, and the only other one that was relatively close is out of business because of DQ.

Cold stone is like an hour drive from me, since the one that was about 20 minutes away went out of business too.

There's a Busken Robbins in a Dunkin Donuts, but if I'm going into DD, I'm getting something that has to do with coffee and probably a muffin of some sort.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Cold Stone?

Not much better, but slightly better.

Are there not independent super premium ice cream places that make it in house or in small batches near most of you?

Something along the lines of this: http://www.rancs.com/

Old 06-03-2014, 06:44 PM

11,427 posts, read 9,358,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Cold Stone?
Yuck.

Not impressed.

Here's a real ice cream place but plan on eating it outside or in your car:
http://www.brusters.com/

Not a good date idea, unless at the end.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:31 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
There's a funky, popular little place here that is only open for dessert. Their desserts are awesome. I was thinking about the coffee date thread earlier and it came to mind as a place I'd suggest for an encounter.
There's a place like that in Seattle that's a very popular hangout and singles scene. I think they do sandwiches and tea/coffee, and soup, as well as a fabulous array of bakery stuff. Places like that are ideal, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships