Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 03:15 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Well it took a while but I finally got to see the true colors of the woman I was dating.( I had to break it off )
I posted about her a while back, she's a teller at my bank and she used her position to contact me by looking up my phone number. We started going out and seemed to really hit it off. It seemed to good to be true ( and was ) ,I tried to slow it down but she didn't want to.

Out of the blue she starts getting angry over nothing and trying to twist things I said into something totally untrue. It was like she was a completely different person. ( we are both over 40 but she was acting very weird and childish)
It turns out , when she was 15 her boyfriend was killed in a car accident when she was with him.She never went to therapy or had any type of counseling so I think this still affects her.

How do people hold it together so well at first ? Is there any way to spot it early ?
I think it has a lot to do with the other person.

I personally have a lot of issues that I consider glaring, but I have brought my issues up to others and they look at me like I'm crazy.

I think what it is is that a lot of things are subjective.

To me, I would have spotted the dysfunction when she looked up my number and used it to call me. That would have been a sign right there. However, I may have still liked her and been down with it. I might have even stuck through it a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 03:17 PM

246 posts, read 387,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Dreams View Post
But there's quirky-crazy and there's scary-crazy
Yes, and there's "Play Misty for Me".

Old 06-07-2014, 06:06 PM

818 posts, read 917,362 times
[quote=laorbust61;35130756]Good rule of thumb: The person is going to be on their best behavior with you, at first, because they want you. Interestingly enough at this point they will be what is closer to their real selves with others around them. So observe how he or she treats wait staff, service personnel, their fellow motorists, their relatives and heck, even their dog. Observe how they handle good fortune that comes into their life...as well as bad fortune. These things tend to tell the tale. In your post, you mention that you wanted to go slow, she wanted to go fast.

When your date wants to rush intimacy, or the pace of the relationship...they want you hooked so it will be harder to get away once the flaws are revealed. They don't trust that you would hang around even if you observed the flaws over time.

I think this is the one thing ^^ that I'll pay very close attention to in the future.
By nature I'm a pretty skeptical person, I had my eye on her actions all along. I payed close attention to her actions and reactions. She was good at keeping it all boxed up, her life in general appeared to be quite normal. I think once she figured out she could not manipulate me , the crazy had to come bursting out.
I'm just glad I was able to see it before I got in any deeper.
Side note, Now that its over she told me she contacted the last woman I dated to get info on me, pure crazy

Old 06-07-2014, 06:14 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
There is a term by the head shrinkers called "present", meaning a lot of people can "present" well.... but they can't keep up the façade for long.

How to spot them early... IDK........ just be keen... keen like a cat... LOL....

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-07-2014 at 06:27 PM..

Old 06-07-2014, 07:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Everyone is crazy
Living on earth is rough, only the crazy survive.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There is a term by the head shrinkers called "present", meaning a lot of people can "present" well.... but they can't keep up the façade for long.

How to spot them early... IDK........ just be keen... keen like a cat... LOL....
Your a cat? That not what SOG told me.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:40 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,342 times
I would say the fact she used her position at the bank to get in touch with you should have been a big red flag. The other big red flag is her rushing into a relationship with you. You can only fake things so long and eventually the real person will come out. Be thankful you found out her true self before it went any further.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:04 PM

678 posts, read 1,065,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I would say the fact she used her position at the bank to get in touch with you should have been a big red flag. The other big red flag is her rushing into a relationship with you. You can only fake things so long and eventually the real person will come out. Be thankful you found out her true self before it went any further.
I have to agree with this. The first huge red flag was how she contacted you. If someone tries to control the relationship in the beginning it's never a good thing. She chased you and then wanted you to play by her rules...that's never a good thing. Hindsight is always 20/20 and unfortunately there isn't a way to prepare for everything but when in doubt, take it slow and ask yourself questions.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Living on earth is rough, only the crazy survive.

"We're never gonna survive...unless...we get a little crazy..."

Old 06-07-2014, 09:30 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Your a cat? That not what SOG told me.
I'm slick like a cat.

Come scratch me between my ears.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships