Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
"We're never gonna survive...unless...we get a little crazy..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 10:05 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,311,555 times
Personal presence or presenting; I don't know. If you have the patience to listen close enough and long enough, the truth can be found. People who are true have consistency; idiosyncrasies that turn into glaring incongruence is typically a red flag. If you use all your senses, you will understand the person and sync with them. Women use the term regularly - you have to feel somebody. And to reflect what was stated in another thread, if the feeling is not there, you can't create it. Move on and try again with someone else. You can typically know within a few dates, certainly by the end of 6 weeks with the best liars.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:50 PM

48,553 posts, read 34,911,433 times
A good rule of thumb: if they are willing to take private information from a bank, no less, to use it to contact a guy..... they have issues.

Why didn't you think crazy stalking chick right off the bat?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-07-2014, 11:44 PM

818 posts, read 918,266 times
I know , I know

Old 06-08-2014, 02:55 AM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
When my daughter started dating her last bf she we used to joke about how long it would take to figure out "what's wrong with him" because she's had a string of failed relationships. Don't get me wrong, she is not the easiest person to be in a be with and she knows it, but she is doesn't hide herself because she wants a guy who can handle her. The theory is that everyone has problems, you just have to find problems you can live with! At first his quirks were 'cute' but little things added up and eventually it got weird.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:24 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm slick like a cat.

Come scratch me between my ears.......
Are you on senior Iams cat food?

Old 06-08-2014, 08:44 PM

174 posts, read 230,534 times
Do you have a large bank account? Is she after your money, is this why she contacted you?

Old 06-08-2014, 08:48 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,248,887 times
Beats me.

I was married for 10 years, turned out I didn't know him at all.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:42 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,906,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Good rule of thumb: The person is going to be on their best behavior with you, at first, because they want you. Interestingly enough at this point they will be what is closer to their real selves with others around them. So observe how he or she treats wait staff, service personnel, their fellow motorists, their relatives and heck, even their dog. Observe how they handle good fortune that comes into their life...as well as bad fortune. These things tend to tell the tale. In your post, you mention that you wanted to go slow, she wanted to go fast. When your date wants to rush intimacy, or the pace of the relationship...they want you hooked so it will be harder to get away once the flaws are revealed. They don't trust that you would hang around even if you observed the flaws over time.

Your more emotionally healthy people are determined to take it slow starting out. I've never heard of a "whirlwind romance" that ever worked out quite right. Guard your heart. Don't give it away so fast, and don't let a good sexual experience with that person do your thinking for you either. Good luck.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,922 times
Such a good post. Definitely. Everyone is going to be on their best behavior. That's just human nature. I was reading something about Dave Barry (very funny guy) and he was discussing passing gas at home. Betcha he was extra careful not to let that happen in the beginning, with the woman who became his wife. Such a thing might or might not be forgivable at first, but later on, well, it's more forgivable.

And yes, healthy people tend to go slow and not give off desperate, I-have-to-get-me-somebody signals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Good rule of thumb: The person is going to be on their best behavior with you, at first, because they want you. Interestingly enough at this point they will be what is closer to their real selves with others around them. So observe how he or she treats wait staff, service personnel, their fellow motorists, their relatives and heck, even their dog. Observe how they handle good fortune that comes into their life...as well as bad fortune. These things tend to tell the tale. In your post, you mention that you wanted to go slow, she wanted to go fast. When your date wants to rush intimacy, or the pace of the relationship...they want you hooked so it will be harder to get away once the flaws are revealed. They don't trust that you would hang around even if you observed the flaws over time.

Your more emotionally healthy people are determined to take it slow starting out. I've never heard of a "whirlwind romance" that ever worked out quite right. Guard your heart. Don't give it away so fast, and don't let a good sexual experience with that person do your thinking for you either. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships