Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 10:47 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,605,068 times

Advertisements

1. Very true. I used to do that, then I found that being totally honest with myself, the type of women I find most attractive are certainly cute women by most standards, but are not the "Hollywood" standard of beauty. I like the quirky, slightly geeky type (think "Kennedy" the MTV VJ from the 90s, she's the basic 'type' I like), and I married one. My wife *is* a beautiful woman but her looks aren't the stereotypical type that the PUA types say to go for.

As a side note, my best friend used to say "willingness is a very attractive quality in a woman". Which to him meant that if she was interested in him, she suddenly gets a lot hotter.

2. This is true. For what it's worth, whatever p**n I have used is more the "amateur" type that is more "real" rather than the "pizza delivery guy visits a house of 3 hot bisexual girls" type.

3. Yes. Learn to recognize a natural tendency to be a bit shy vs. her not being interested at all, ever.

4. Usually true. Even when sex happens quickly its usually because that comfort happened quickly.

5. Yeah...should this even have to be said?

6. Yup.

7. I've been slammed for saying stuff like this, about myself, back when I didn't have anything to be confident about. So I focused on improving my life so I *did* have something to be confident about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 10:50 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not a woman who has ever had trouble finding a date, a sexual partner, or a husband. And I have dated/married some very desirable men.

LOL.

You think attractive women who have any sort of brains and dignity like being ranked based on their appearances? This sort of thing is expected from total strangers, but from your friends and acquaintances it is highly insultory.

I would no sooner want one of my male friends calling one of my friends a 2 than I'd want them calling a friend a 10. It's not a compliment. I'm 46 and married, so by now, I could give a damn how someone wants to "rank" me, positive or negative. It makes me sad when women have so little respect for themselves as to be thinking of how they "rank."

Dude... get outta here.

Clearly you have and agenda, and I can't post freely here, so I'm done.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:53 AM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
But, you don't know how they looked before they had a tiny kid to tend to 24/7.
There's some truth to this. I've known women who went from hot to unrecognizable after pregnancy and giving birth. It made me wonder how their husband felt, like kind of an inadvertent bait-and-switch took place.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:55 AM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
I'm not a woman who has ever had trouble finding a date, a sexual partner, or a husband. And I have dated/married some very desirable men.

LOL.

You think attractive women who have any sort of brains and dignity like being ranked based on their appearances? This sort of thing is expected from total strangers, but from your friends and acquaintances it is highly insultory.

I would no sooner want one of my male friends calling one of my friends a 2 than I'd want them calling a friend a 10. It's not a compliment. I'm 46 and married, so by now, I could give a damn how someone wants to "rank" me, positive or negative. It makes me sad when women have so little respect for themselves as to be thinking of how they "rank."

Dude... get outta here.
This is true. The women I know don't think in these terms at all. I'd never heard of this ranking thing until joining C-D.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's some truth to this. I've known women who went from hot to unrecognizable after pregnancy and giving birth. It made me wonder how their husband felt, like kind of an inadvertent bait-and-switch took place.
My wife (she turns 40 this yr) has a permanent flabby belly, complete with stretchmarks, after kids.

I still want her as badly as ever, and I find it cute and sexy, partly because of the meaning and cause behind it.

It took HER a lot longer to accept how her body changed than it took me.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
This is true. The women I know don't think in these terms at all. I'd never heard of this ranking thing until joining C-D.
You may not use a 1-10 scale, but you can't honestly tell me women don't do THIS?

"Well, Kevin's REALLY cute, and has a great body, but he's kind of an a--hole, and doesn't seem to care about anything besides himself. Jack isn't as cute, but wow, there's something about him, and he's just so awesome to be with".

Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Clearly you have and agenda, and I can't post freely here, so I'm done.
An agenda?

You can post whatever you want here as long as it's not violating the TOS and you know it.

I don't have an agenda. I just thought it was an interesting article. You're the one who started this whole "men must rank" line of discussion like it's a requirement to be male.

I'm sure that all humans, when provided with a list of choices, tend to rank them mentally in order of preference, but that's not the same thing as relegating a human being that you barely know to some sort of number system.

And I'd tell a female who defended "ranking" men the same thing.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
You may not use a 1-10 scale, but you can't honestly tell me women don't do THIS?

"Well, Kevin's REALLY cute, and has a great body, but he's kind of an a--hole, and doesn't seem to care about anything besides himself. Jack isn't as cute, but wow, there's something about him, and he's just so awesome to be with".
SuperDave, you are correct that humans (male or female) do prioritize any options with which they are provided.

Sometimes, several choices will be equally desirable, sometimes not.

But, I have never called a man or a woman a number of any sort unless they insisted that I tell them what number I'd assign them.

Even then I felt like I had to add all sorts of qualifiers and disclaimers to my choice. I just see people on so many dimensions.

The sort of rankings I could make would vary by the hour, most likely. LOL.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Well, as I told SuperDave, we all do rank things in our own way... but, this idea that we must be some number in order to be desirable to the opposite sex is totally ridiculous. So is this "league" idea.

Just go out, meet people, see if you have common interests, and be honest with yourself about your overall level of attractiveness (this means more than just looks alone).

This is the key to being open and finding people who are good potential dates/partners.

All that other crap is just posturing to impress your friends. Men AND women do it and it's the exact sort of thing that would make me NOT want them.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I totally disagree. A woman/relationship is not just going to fall into your lap. Men have to pursue women. It's no different than anything else in life. If you wanted to become a lawyer, you have to "pursue" that career, you can't just hope somebody shows up at your house and offer you a job. You have to go through the process of going to college, then going to law school, then do a summer associate/internship, then you have to pass the bar. Then after that you hope you get noticed by one of the big firms and they offer you a job.
Let's see...I have met and dated 5 gorgeous, brilliant, kind women...without running around like a rabid dog chasing after people. Pretty much all of them fell into my lap at the right time of my life. I think I asked ONE of them out officially.

I married the last one.

No hullabaloo or rigamarole.

Yes. At some point you will have to have a conversation about romantic interest or a date.

I have many friends who have met the people they married that way. It was some crazy incessant search. It was life unfolding.

And no...it's not like becoming a laywer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships