Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 PM

901 posts, read 2,256,934 times

Advertisements

Guaranteed she has cheated a number of times. I've seen the types and this is how they feel after it all doesn't work out the way they hoped for. She's lucky she's got a stand up partner willing to stick it out good through bad. Hope she's really learned a lesson on this one.

But since she's 30 and thinks its a mid life crisis I suppose she's got alot more to learn. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 PM

70 posts, read 124,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Have you ever cheated on your husband?
I understand why you would asked that- I thought I liked someone from work but nothing else came out of it because not only am I married, my life was consumed with work. My job swallowed all of me that I can't give myself to anyone, not even to my husband-

Last edited by HeadacheFan; 06-11-2014 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-11-2014, 07:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,729,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadacheFan View Post
As a woman who was hell bent on climbing up the corporate ladder, I neglected my personal relationship with my husband. We were on the brink of getting a divorce and a week later, I was fired. I called my husband the day I was fired and told him what happened. We talked further when I got home and he told me "We will be fine, I have a good paying job, you can go back to school if you want to"...... I expected that from him, but I feel worse because I did not treat him well when I was a busy career woman. I had a good job, and I thought I no longer love him. I have this belief that I can do better. I was having a midlife crisis (I just turn 30, and we have been married for 8 years). I attended corporate parties and I enjoyed spending time with my work colleagues as well as my business partner. I thought I was invincible. Until the day I was fired, my world collapsed. I discovered the true colors of people who I associated with and the only person who stand by me was my husband.

I was able to do a self reflection and I don't like what became of me. My career had been the focal point of my being and it shouldn't have. I forgot who I was. I'm still grieving for losing my job, not because of the job itself, (I came to realize how much I actually hated my job) but because I lost my everyday routine- I got up 5 OR 6 AM, came home by 6 PM or later . I'm practically working 7 days a week. Wow, that was my 5 years.

I'm looking forward to a new beginning with my husband. If I go back to work later or anytime soon, I promise myself to put my husband and my family first before my job. No job is ever worth losing a family for.
Congratulations. I'm always amazed that people invest more into their careers than their spouse. Your spouse is the one that will be with you when you retire and die.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 PM

592 posts, read 804,793 times
Quote:
As a woman who was hell bent on climbing up the corporate ladder, I neglected my personal relationship with my husband. We were on the brink of getting a divorce and a week later, I was fired. I called my husband the day I was fired and told him what happened. We talked further when I got home and he told me "We will be fine, I have a good paying job, you can go back to school if you want to"...... I expected that from him, but I feel worse because I did not treat him well when I was a busy career woman. I had a good job, and I thought I no longer love him. I have this belief that I can do better. I was having a midlife crisis (I just turn 30, and we have been married for 8 years). I attended corporate parties and I enjoyed spending time with my work colleagues as well as my business partner. I thought I was invincible. Until the day I was fired, my world collapsed. I discovered the true colors of people who I associated with and the only person who stand by me was my husband.

I was able to do a self reflection and I don't like what became of me. My career had been the focal point of my being and it shouldn't have. I forgot who I was. I'm still grieving for losing my job, not because of the job itself, (I came to realize how much I actually hated my job) but because I lost my everyday routine- I got up 5 OR 6 AM, came home by 6 PM or later . I'm practically working 7 days a week. Wow, that was my 5 years.

I'm looking forward to a new beginning with my husband. If I go back to work later or anytime soon, I promise myself to put my husband and my family first before my job. No job is ever worth losing a family for.

You lost your job, now the real job begins. You got some making up to do, since he's had your back all this time and you've probably been a slacking on your wifely duties, since you were thinking that you don't need him. Life has a funny way of humbling us sometimes. Good luck in your marriage.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,021,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
OP now all you need to do is get pregnant, never wear shoes and you will be whole and complete as a woman.
wtf?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,225,455 times
Quote:

rut ro,

the feminists aren't going to like this post.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-11-2014, 08:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,021,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
rut ro,

the feminists aren't going to like this post.

20yrsinBranson

Takes a pretty crappy person to choose work over family life.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:03 PM

70 posts, read 124,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
Guaranteed she has cheated a number of times. I've seen the types and this is how they feel after it all doesn't work out the way they hoped for. She's lucky she's got a stand up partner willing to stick it out good through bad. Hope she's really learned a lesson on this one.

But since she's 30 and thinks its a mid life crisis I suppose she's got alot more to learn. Best of luck.
I felt this way because I lost my job. Just last week, my career was flourishing- I thought "life was good". I gave everything to my job- my time, my mind and my soul. I wanted to be more than where I am in my career (I was proud to be one of the youngest woman in my profession). But I blink and it's gone. My husband is the the only treasure I have left.- Also, in my first post- I did say there that my marriage was on the brink of divorce, we were actually in discussion of separation (I could careless at that time). My husband could have left me since we were in agreement that our marriage is not working out. But he stayed- he said he loves me and wanted to be there for me. This in turn fueled my guilt and made me realized how much I hurt him.

Last edited by HeadacheFan; 06-11-2014 at 08:22 PM..

Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,601,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah!!!!!

FORGOE the employment ladies!!!!!

(You can only listen when men tell you what they want)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

I guess you're that kind of husband then? lol

You missed the point of her post. I would explain it but...nah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
OP now all you need to do is get pregnant, never wear shoes and you will be whole and complete as a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
A good overall lesson. Remember that work should is and should be a PART of your life not your life. Pouring your entire life into your work and nothing else is not a good idea because you are always replaceable as a worker.
Given the choice of being happy or a success at work, I will chose happiness every time.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:41 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,598,506 times
Quote:
I understand why you would asked that- I thought I liked someone from work but nothing else came out of it because not only am I married, my life was consumed with work. My job swallowed all of me that I can't give myself to anyone, not even to my husband-
So, you wanted to cheat, but you were too busy to cheat. If you were not too busy and the other person is interested also, you would have totally cheated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships