Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 01:03 AM

432 posts, read 493,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Here are (3) different ones that I know the guys have had success, so if yours are not like these you may want to revist your pictures.
So, Niagara Falls works well, black and white filter, or purple tie. Got it.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:41 AM

600 posts, read 828,815 times
My point is women look at a lot of photos of men so you need to do something to stand out.

Mine is with a bicycle and my cycling clothes that show off my muscles.

The guy with the shirtless photo really cleans up tho. Even I'm jealous. Lol

Old 07-28-2014, 03:13 AM

432 posts, read 493,335 times
Quote:
My point is women look at a lot of photos of men so you need to do something to stand out.

Mine is with a bicycle and my cycling clothes that show off my muscles.

Lol. At the end of the day it does not affect me. I have 2-3 dates/week with new matches and already have enough sexual options so it's not any loss to me....Although I am jealous of my shirtless friend as he does wayyyyy better than me Lol

Dude, it was sarcasm.

Give me a break, here. I'm not saying the pics are necessarily bad, but you ain't got jack to offer up about setting, composition, lighting, camera types or settings, color correction or anything else to do with TAKING GOOD PHOTOS.

Here's my question for you: Can men do anything to photogenically "stand out" that doesn't entail being unrealistically jacked and shamelessly wanking it out there?

Here's the deal: I really don't want to turn this thread into a crap-on-bodybuilders thread. I really don't. Fact is, three of my very good friends in life have been bodybuilders, two of which competed at one point (which is why I as much get irked about the "They must be conceited and dumb because they have big muscles" tripe)... however, what is it about the internet, and internet dating advice, brings out you doyouevenliftbro guys to espouse that the only thing women are attracted to is bodybuilders? In fact, how exactly is posting shirtless pictures of your jacked physique "standing out" from all the other guys posting shirtless pictures of their jacked physiques? It's pretty effing generic, if you ask me.

I mean, I just came from Gold's a few hours ago (Sunday night workouts FTW), and there wasn't a guy in there that looked remotely like the dude on the left, and only a few as ripped as the dude on the right. There's maybe two guys that come through there that come even close to as cut as no.1. Some dudes are bigger, for sure, but they're the ones that look like naval warship turrets. Again, I'm not knocking any of these guys, but they represent a small proportion of even bodybuilders, and an even more miniscule proportion of the population. Why the f___ is the message here that uber-buff dudes are the only men that women will be attracted to? There's not a single guy at my place of work that is even close to ripped. A good number are fit, but none Chippendale stupid. Give me a break. It's not reality. It's about as common as women with natural F-cups. I just don't get the whole perceived Adonis prerequisite with this stuff.

Last edited by variant; 07-28-2014 at 03:21 AM..

Old 07-28-2014, 03:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,685,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Give me a break, here. I'm not saying the pics are necessarily bad, but you ain't got jack to offer up about setting, composition, lighting, camera types or settings, color correction or anything else to do with TAKING GOOD PHOTOS.
I'm not a photography expert, so I don't have anything to offer about any of that either. One of my matches is standing next to weird looking old men in all of his photos. I have no idea why, but he has a really big smile and looks like these old men are his best friends.

Smile, look happy, and never post pictures with people who look better than you.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:02 AM

600 posts, read 828,815 times
Lol. Actually the shirtless guy does professional photography on the side. He has a nice camera and he has a good talent for it. As far as meeting women. Dunno what to tell you. Try something else then. At the end of the day it's really marketing. The 3 guys and myself know what women on Tinder want and we can demonstrate that in our photos. The shirtless guy Mike has a lot of women message him so he's doing something right. He's also an engineer. He's 6'1" and attractive face wise. I'm 5'10" and I also have abs although not quite as cut as Mike. We are both about equal in term of looks. Still he does better than me.

I'm not saying women only go for bodybuilder types. I'm saying women seek Mike in large numbers so therefore that physique is highly desired by a lot of women based on the attention they give him. Some bodybuilders have jacked up faces but Mike is also attractive and tall which helps as well.

Tinder works really well for me and provides me with adequate female companionship. Everyone's results are different.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:09 AM

I forgot to add, no penis photos. (Although I did right swipe a penis photo once, but it was only for amusement purposes and I knew that it was a fake profile).

Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,252,759 times
I've wanted to try it, but they require you to have Facebook. I hate Facebook & think that site violates your privacy.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I've wanted to try it, but they require you to have Facebook. I hate Facebook & think that site violates your privacy.
You can just make a Facebook account and not add any friends.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:16 AM

659 posts, read 807,678 times
Quote:
Here are (3) different ones that I know the guys have had success, so if yours are not like these you may want to revist your pictures. Guys who have limited/no sucess with online dating usually have bad pictures, not always, but that's often a culprit.
My pictures don't resemble those, not even in the slightest. So I can see where the problem is then. Probably doesn't help that some of my pictures were group photos.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 AM

416 posts, read 397,073 times
Haha, my Tinder profile probably makes me sound like a big B!! Oh well

I list out all the things the person shouldn't be or possess, two HUGE ones saying that if they don't know correct grammar (two/to/too, their/they're/there, your/you're) or have ridiculous amounts of selfies, then swipe left!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships