Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 04:18 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0astz View Post
Only works for white people =[.
Nah, bro. It's worked for me.

I get what you're saying, though. Overall, it works best for them, especially for the guys.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:20 AM

600 posts, read 825,761 times
Tinder has been pretty challenging even for me lately. I'm used to waking up in the morning and having already 3-4 matches waiting to be messaged which has not happened in a week now

I made plans for a date tommorow, but outside of that, it has been blah the past 2 weeks.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Nah, bro. It's worked for me.

I get what you're saying, though. Overall, it works best for them, especially for the guys.
I'm black and most of my matches on Tinder and people I've actually met in person have been white guys, but I've been interested in meeting non-white matches who just never asked me to meet up. I recently stopped responding to one guy because I felt we had done enough small talk and it was going nowhere. Then a few days later, he sends me a message saying "hi". Either you want to meet up or you don't, geez!

So my point is, it's not always a race issue. It could be a lack of assertiveness. If you just can't match with anyone, that's not necessarily a race issue either. White guys apparently have trouble getting matches too.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm black and most of my matches on Tinder and people I've actually met in person have been white guys, but I've been interested in meeting non-white matches who just never asked me to meet up. I recently stopped responding to one guy because I felt we had done enough small talk and it was going nowhere. Then a few days later, he sends me a message saying "hi". Either you want to meet up or you don't, geez!

So my point is, it's not always a race issue. It could be a lack of assertiveness. If you just can't match with anyone, that's not necessarily a race issue either. White guys apparently have trouble getting matches too.
That's funny you say that, because I would imagine a lot of the guys on there would be trying to meet up after 20 minutes. Wishy-washy, flaky guys, like what's the point of not trying to progress things? Some of these guys are the same ones complaining they never meet anyone off Tinder (not saying that about any of the guys here).

Yeah, it's definitely not always race, but even if it's hard for white guys, I think it's even harder for minority men, similar to OLD. Although I don't have any data to support that, lol.

I rarely get matches on Tinder, and I realized how picky I am. I counted how many I swiped "Like" and "Nope" to the other day, and out of the 50 I went through, I only swiped yes to 4. Geez.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I rarely get matches on Tinder, and I realized how picky I am. I counted how many I swiped "Like" and "Nope" to the other day, and out of the 50 I went through, I only swiped yes to 4. Geez.
Yes, you do sound picky. lol During the past month, I've made 132 matches.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 AM

600 posts, read 825,761 times
Matches will always be higher for women that's just a general. Of course not all though.

Sweet like sugar makes a good point a day what I have mentioned earlier. Women with online dating are constantly meeting new guys. At least with tinder they are not bombarded unless it's a match which helps vs POF.

What some people don't realize is that online dating is just a conduit to meet people. Some girls I have talked to want to text or message for weeks on end before meeting some. Some real gems think you need to even message for weeks before a phone number lol.

I'll message for maybe a week at the most. Sometimes less. If the girl does not want to meet up I just usually quit talking to her.

Also if a girl does not give her phone number that's usually an automatic block. I'm not saying only women but people in general online, there's no shortage of people who will waste your time. The ideal is to talk then meet up, not message forever.

I met 2 girls specifically this past wed. One we talked and I am meeting tonight 2 days later.

The other would not commit to a time and was soft on the issue so despite getting her number I pretty much done following up.

Some people just don't get it LOL. If you wait forever no matter how much the person might like you they will move on if you don't meet in a timely manner.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:05 PM

Yup. I've had hundreds of matches on Tinder, but I don't end up talking to most of them, and I've only met about 10 of them, so quantity of matches doesn't mean much.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, you do sound picky. lol During the past month, I've made 132 matches.
Well, damn!

Max, that's a very good post.

I hung out with a Tinder lady last night, and she's been by far the best Tinder experience I've had. We got matched back in March - I 'liked' her first and she 'liked' me right after, and then immediately messaged me. Within 10 minutes, I was following her on IG, Within 30 I had her number.

Found out she lived 5 minutes away from me, and we were talking on the phone the next day and hanging out within a week. We fell out in April (I was being my typical douchey self and she started to hang out with another guy) and then in June she texted me and we ended up hanging out again. We aren't dating, kinda FWB right now, I guess.

But no matter how this goes, I admire her for being a real woman. She didn't waste time with stupid games or by acting flaky. She was interested in me, messaged me first, gave me her number, etc, etc.

A lot of these women (and men, too) on these sites are too flaky, or try to do too much and end up wasting your time. But, that's just life.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 PM

432 posts, read 492,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Nevermind, I don't think pictures are the issue. I'm not sure how much more luck you'd have even being near LA at the moment. Tinder is still fairly new. I read a few stats and they said last Dec they had 500 million matches, then just a few months ago had a 1 billion matches, etc, etc.....

I don't think it's your pictures then, but might just be because Tinder is still new. I've been using it since last Oct so I've been on it more than alot of people have and there are definitely more users now than there were before. I just talked to a girl a few days ago who just signed up.

I am 29 and set up my profile 6 years both ways. So my age range is 23-35.

The majority of matches I get are typically 24-26. I've only gotten a small handful at 33+. It may just not be as popular yet with that age group.
See, I started to suspect that. That's what I can't stand about women (and men, for that matter) in-and-around my age: They're just horribly out of touch. It makes people hard to relate to. See, I personally feel like Tinder is already a bit old hat. Fact is, if the demographic is strongly downwind of me age-wise, it explains why I'm getting jack. It's not even that I'm too creepy old man for many, even most, I'm not even showing in their potential matches to begin with. The default age range setting for most women on Tinder would skim me off a lot of searches. A friend of mine recommended making a fake second Facebook profile and lie my age down enough to edge into the default search range of a slightly younger set of women.

BTW, I got a third match linking me to DateRapeMe.com. It's an effing joke.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
See, I started to suspect that. That's what I can't stand about women (and men, for that matter) in-and-around my age: They're just horribly out of touch. It makes people hard to relate to. See, I personally feel like Tinder is already a bit old hat. Fact is, if the demographic is strongly downwind of me age-wise, it explains why I'm getting jack. It's not even that I'm too creepy old man for many, even most, I'm not even showing in their potential matches to begin with. The default age range setting for most women on Tinder would skim me off a lot of searches. A friend of mine recommended making a fake second Facebook profile and lie my age down enough to edge into the default search range of a slightly younger set of women.

BTW, I got a third match linking me to DateRapeMe.com. It's an effing joke.
You can lie about your age, but I don't see the point. Women in their 30s probably aren't excluding you due to your age. Also, since there are more younger people on Tinder, you're going to be shown more people in the younger end of your age range when browsing. If you really want to focus on the women closer to your own age, take the twenty somethings out of your search, even if just for a few days. (Yeah, I know you're tired of my advice. lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships