Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 04:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
of course a lot of guys will claim 'age is nothing but a number' that's because they like to get with young girls, teeny boppers if it was legal.
My girlfriend is 33 and is hotter than any girl in her 20s that I come across. Not everyone cares, and honestly it isn't the age... but so many women let themselves go and get big and heavy in their 30s. Guys don't want to deal with that.

It's actually quite nice, because she's way more mature than any girl I've been in a relationship with and handles issues way better. Before I knew her age I was really confused because she was much better with handling issues than the other girls I've been with. The age I thought she was, I was confused but when I found out her actual age it made more sense.

I don't think my relationship will end with this girl unless something out of our control happens.. but if it did, I would look for someone older again. Oh, and I'm far from a desperate guy with no options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 04:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
My girlfriend is 33 and is hotter than any girl in her 20s that I come across. Not everyone cares, and honestly it isn't the age... but so many women let themselves go and get big and heavy in their 30s. Guys don't want to deal with that.

It's actually quite nice, because she's way more mature than any girl I've been in a relationship with and handles issues way better. Before I knew her age I was really confused because she was much better with handling issues than the other girls I've been with. The age I thought she was, I was confused but when I found out her actual age it made more sense.

I don't think my relationship will end with this girl unless something out of our control happens.. but if it did, I would look for someone older again.
But wouldn't you want to know how old she is before you get too serious with her? I mean - if you thought she was 22 and all of a sudden found out she was 33 - would it have changed anything? What if you found out she was 18? What if you found out she was 40?

Old 06-14-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But wouldn't you want to know how old she is before you get too serious with her? I mean - if you thought she was 22 and all of a sudden found out she was 33 - would it have changed anything? What if you found out she was 18? What if you found out she was 40?
Oh I agree, when I met her she was "28" but she was 33. Not the end of the world, but I have to admit I was not really happy about the situation but the age itsself didn't bother me.. I just absolutely hate any type of lies.

She looks like she's around 25 or so, I was quite surprised by it. For the most part, a 40 year old isn't going to be able to pass for an 18 year old even if she wanted to though.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Oh I agree, when I met her she was "28" but she was 33. Not the end of the world, but I have to admit I was not really happy about the situation but the age itsself didn't bother me.. I just absolutely hate any type of lies.

She looks like she's around 25 or so, I was quite surprised by it. For the most part, a 40 year old isn't going to be able to pass for an 18 year old even if she wanted to though.
Well, the 40 year olds that I know that look super young wouldn't lie about it. And it's not that they are super hot - they just look super young.

But I have a feeling that the people saying that they really don't care are thinking that it shouldn't matter if they are older than someone thinks they are and not the other way around!

Old 06-14-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
But I have a feeling that the people saying that they really don't care are thinking that it shouldn't matter if they are older than someone thinks they are and not the other way around!
hahahah yeah that's true. I wouldn't go out with a 33 year old who looks like a 45 year old.

Age to me isn't the issue, it's more about looks and behavior.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,733,015 times
Age is just a number in a maturity sense.

I believe in common sense and observation. Of course experience teaches you things about certain aspects of life. Not life itself. I hate when people are really condescending because you are younger.

Especially when trying to give advice. If you want to help people you have be understanding and open minded. If you're just patronizing and condescending to someone simply because you are older and have been around the block it makes me not want to listen to you at all.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,086,529 times
I'd generally stick to dating someone +/- 5 years from my age. Of course I could always make an exception though.

But I think it's important because more often than not, someone close to your age is likely in the same stage of life as you.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:28 PM

8,277 posts, read 8,673,865 times
Saying your over 21 would only work for people in their early 20's. You would look like a fool if you say that at 35.

I never write off a person because of age. Don't really know anyone that does.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:45 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,414,919 times
women use age to measure where men are in life...they have a chart in their head that they cross reference when sizing up a guy

guys dont generally care, some dont even care if they're over 18

Old 06-14-2014, 05:45 PM

678 posts, read 1,066,267 times
Quote:
Personally, I don't think that age is just a number. It's more than that. Yes - someone can be mature for their age and someone can be immature for their age - but their age still plays a role in who they are. I have friends of all ages - but if I'm going to date someone, I would still like to know how old they are. And yes, their age would influence how I feel about them. If I get the sense that someone is a bit immature - it's one thing if we are both 22. He'll probably grow out of it in some ways. However, if I'm 22 and he's 35 and he's a bit immature - that's a different story.

I agree with this; it's not really about age, it's about someone having gone through the things that a person needs to go through to grow emotionally. If two people despite age have a common point of view about life and relationships age may not matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships